Britain to ban sale of all diesel and petrol cars and vans from 2040

A way better car than electric is the Hydrogen powered cars. The elec. cars aren't any better for the environment it takes oil to juice them, and even the batteries are no good which yeah those are all in any car but they HYPE the electric cars as this environmentally cure all fix all car and it's just not true.
Got any cites to back that up?

Gasoline vs Electric—Who Wins on Lifetime Global Warming Emissions? We Found Out
The ‘electric cars aren’t green’ myth debunked
Alternative Fuels Data Center: Emissions from Hybrid and Plug-In Electric Vehicles
Once Again: Electric Cars Have Lower Lifetime Carbon Emissions

A way better car than electric is the Hydrogen powered cars. The elec. cars aren't any better for the environment it takes oil to juice them, and even the batteries are no good which yeah those are all in any car but they HYPE the electric cars as this environmentally cure all fix all car and it's just not true.

Gasoline vs Electric—Who Wins on Lifetime Global Warming Emissions? We Found Out
Alternative Fuels Data Center: Emissions from Hybrid and Plug-In Electric Vehicles

Back what up?

Back what up?
Aren't you claiming that electric cars aren't any better for the environment? You put that out there without any back-up. I provided cites to prove your contention is B.S. Your move.

Do you not get how those links you posted are all in the same game like AL Gore. They lie so people like you will use them as an authentic piece of information , They make you believe those facts because why .............. now step away from what you want to believe and step into it using the eyes of a " HUGE CORP." and the money they can and will gain by falsifying information in order to sell their product.

By doing so those who invest in their company stand to benefit from the " corporate gains" why because helping to sell the bs lies creates a huge money gain for them it's a vicious circle of fk ppl over in order to get filthy stinking rich.

Go watch WHOSE JOHN GALT " ATLAS SHRUGGED" maybe it will connect better within your thinking or ideas on this bs.

Do you not get how those links you posted are all in the same game like AL Gore. They lie so people like you will use them as an authentic piece of information , They make you believe those facts because why .............. now step away from what you want to believe and step into it using the eyes of a " HUGE CORP." and the money they can and will gain by falsifying information in order to sell their product.

By doing so those who invest in their company stand to benefit from the " corporate gains" why because helping to sell the bs lies creates a huge money gain for them it's a vicious circle of fk ppl over in order to get filthy stinking rich.

Go watch WHOSE JOHN GALT " ATLAS SHRUGGED" maybe it will connect better within your thinking or ideas on this bs.
Bringing up Al Gore is prima facie evidence that you haven't got a clue.

Canada. Always the trend setter.
View attachment 140637

Can you imagine being in a high impact wreck in that thing. OMG imagine an 18 wheeler hitting that thing. Uuuugh.
upload_2017-7-26_14-14-16.jpeg

upload_2017-7-26_14-17-54.jpeg

It's hard to see them on the right side of an 18 wheeler also.

*****CHUDKLE*****

:)

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-26_14-17-39.jpeg
    upload_2017-7-26_14-17-39.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 34
Back what up?
Aren't you claiming that electric cars aren't any better for the environment? You put that out there without any back-up. I provided cites to prove your contention is B.S. Your move.

Here is one article on TESLA's elec. car

But how green is a Tesla, really? Devonshire Research Group, an investment firm that specializes in valuing tech companies, dug into the data and concluded that Tesla’s environmental benefits may be more hyped than warranted. Devonshire isn’t saying that Tesla is pulling a Volkswagen, or that its cars are spewing greenhouse gases from invisible tailpipes. It’s arguing that Teslas (and, by extension, all electric vehicles) create pollution and carbon emissions in other ways. Each stage of an EV’s life has environmental impacts, and while they aren’t as obvious as a tailpipe pumping out fumes, that doesn’t make them any less damaging.

Let’s start with the basics. Your electric car doesn’t need gas, but it still might get its energy from burning carbon. It depends on how your local grid generates electricity. “If you use coal-fired power plants to produce the electricity, then all-electrics don’t even look that much better than a traditional vehicle in terms of greenhouse gases,” says Virginia McConnell, an economist at the environmental research firm Resources for the Future. But if your local grid incorporates a fair amount of renewable solar and wind energy, like California, your electric vehicle is pretty clean.

upload_2017-7-26_12-21-57.png

Tesla’s Electric Cars Aren’t as Green as You Might Think

And really using a PC on these car issues there is NOT a car out that which can be made that doesn't have it's own impact on our so called environment. No matter what they dream up there is going to always, always be some counterpart that gets pinned on it .

Even with a BIKE they can pin some bs impact on the environment.

Bringing up Al Gore is prima facie evidence that you haven't got a clue.

I've got so much clue it just can't be comprehended and absorbed by those who can't think with logic or research the information. Your problem not mine.

Apparently ATLAS SHURGS" is way over your head and you have NO FKN CLUE of that.

Back what up?

But how green is a Tesla, really? Devonshire Research Group, an investment firm that specializes in valuing tech companies, dug into the data and concluded that Tesla’s environmental benefits may be more hyped than warranted. Devonshire isn’t saying that Tesla is pulling a Volkswagen, or that its cars are spewing greenhouse gases from invisible tailpipes. It’s arguing that Teslas (and, by extension, all electric vehicles) create pollution and carbon emissions in other ways. Each stage of an EV’s life has environmental impacts, and while they aren’t as obvious as a tailpipe pumping out fumes, that doesn’t make them any less damaging.

Let’s start with the basics. Your electric car doesn’t need gas, but it still might get its energy from burning carbon. It depends on how your local grid generates electricity. “If you use coal-fired power plants to produce the electricity, then all-electrics don’t even look that much better than a traditional vehicle in terms of greenhouse gases,” says Virginia McConnell, an economist at the environmental research firm Resources for the Future. But if your local grid incorporates a fair amount of renewable solar and wind energy, like California, your electric vehicle is pretty clean.
And really using a PC on these car issues there is NOT a car out that which can be made that doesn't have it's own impact on our so called environment. No matter what they dream up there is going to always, always be some counterpart that gets pinned on it . Even with a BIKE they can pin some bs impact on the environment.
All those things can be concerning, but research proves that over a the lifetime of a car, electrics do less environmental damage than gasoline engines. I don't think anyone has claimed that electrics do none, just appreciably less.

Back what up?

Here's another one clueless :

The verdict:

Are electric cars green? No, not if judged alone. No car is.

But if the question is are electric cars green compared to conventional cars, then the answer appears to be partly.

There are pollution savings from running electric vehicles instead of conventional vehicles.

The battery issue is more problematic. Post-vehicle uses may become greener, but the production process isn’t.

Truth Meter: 5 (out of 10)

Are electric vehicles eco-friendly?

The claim:

Electric cars are green.

The background:

After a Reno Gazette-Journal story about local businesses that go above and beyond in their efforts to be green, Marian Stroh of Reno wrote in with three questions that “are not so far answered”:

• How to dispose of fluorescent bulbs?

• Why the United States doesn’t drill for its own oil?

• And why people don’t understand that electric cars aren’t as green as claimed?

The first two questions are easy.

Fluorescent bulbs — or CFLs, which stands for compact fluorescent lights — can be recycled at Home Depot. They can also be recycled for free at Waste Management

upload_2017-7-26_12-34-48.png

Also it's very hard to travel fully armed on mass transportation.

Not really. I get on the T in Boston wearing my S&W hat or jacket and I generally get lots of space. I can only imagine how much space I'd get wearing a tactical vest with a rifle slung across my chest.

Back what up?

And really using a PC on these car issues there is NOT a car out that which can be made that doesn't have it's own impact on our so called environment. No matter what they dream up there is going to always, always be some counterpart that gets pinned on it . Even with a BIKE they can pin some bs impact on the environment.
All those things can be concerning, but research proves that over a the lifetime of a car, electrics do less environmental damage than gasoline engines. I don't think anyone has claimed that electrics do none, just appreciably less.

upload_2017-7-26_12-40-34.png

The study's authors — economics and business professors — say that "rather than simply accepting the assertion of environmental benefits from electric vehicle use," they conducted "a rigorous comparison of the environmental consequences of gasoline and electric powered vehicles, specifically by quantifying the externalities (both greenhouse gases and local air pollution) generated by driving these vehicles."

This rigorous comparison determined that electric cars, despite the hype, aren't as environmentally clean as gasoline-powered cars.

This shouldn't be a complete surprise, given that much of the electricity used to charge electric cars is generated by coal plants, which produce 39% of the nation's electricity. The next biggest producer is natural gas, another fossil fuel, which churns out 27% of our power.

Nor is this the first time electric cars' dirty little secret has been uncovered.

http://www.investors.com/politics/c...s-electric-cars-can-be-dirtier-than-gas-cars/

Also it's very hard to travel fully armed on mass transportation.

Not really. I get on the T in Boston wearing my S&W hat or jacket and I generally get lots of space. I can only imagine how much space I'd get wearing a tactical vest with a rifle slung across my chest.

LOL. I can picture that.
How is my old hometown these days? I haven't been back for 12 years.

Britain to ban sale of all diesel and petrol cars and vans from 2040
Britain is to ban all new petrol and diesel cars and vans from 2040 amid fears that rising levels of nitrogen oxide pose a major risk to public health.

Imagine the impact this will have around the world and stocks included
America better hope we don't pick up the same bs plan. It is very possible we will after all look at loony California.

and unless electric cars catch up to the performance of ICE cars, people will just have to do without and rely on mass transportation.

Which is what progressive really want, because people that can't travel far on their own are easier to control.

While I didn't think electric cars were quite up to the performance levels of ICE cars, I also didn't think they were so inferior as to cause people who would otherwise drive to choose public transportation.
Also, this would ban sales, not ban driving of the ICE vehicles. And it would ban the sale of new gasoline and diesel cars and vans, which sounds like older ones will still be allowed to be sold.

It might not work, it might not work in the timeframe they've given, but it isn't going to force Brits into public transport in 2040, either. :dunno:

Banning the sale is a form of enforced obsolescence, but an artificial one. Until you can charge an electric car as fast as you can fill a gas tank AND get the same range they will be inferior.

The only thing this will create is an underground market for ICE cars in 2040 on, or kits to "make them".

So everyone with an ICE car will have to register theirs.

Forum List

Back