Buckyballs

do you really think parents are supposed to stand and stare at their kids 24/7?

if something is sold for a kid, it should be safe for a kid.

you're not a parent, are you?

It's NOT sold for a kid, Jillian...

You're missing the point...

maybe...

but i don't think so. it's intended as a desk toy. it's not too much to ask that kids not die because of it. if it was one kid, i'd say, eh... freak accident. but it isn't

i'm afraid i don't understand big babies who stamp their feet and get upset every time something is made safe.

imo, the whole caveat emptor thing ended after "unsafe at any speed"..... or should have

*shrug*

It is very sad for the child or parent if an injury or death occurs.... but parents need to take responsibility for what their children play with. Its not to much to ask for parents to keep things out of their children's reach and hands. Or for that matter bringing it into the home in the first place.

This is not a child's toy. Its not marketed to children. But damn fun to play with!

you're right... they should make unsafe toys for children

Yeah we need to childproof the world.....it's up to parents to do this stuff, I have no problem with labels or guides to how old the child should be for a toy. but I played with the 3.5" GI Joes as a kid, and they had all kinds of parts you could swallow, but we made it through...

You're not really reading what people have written here have you? It's an ADULT desk toy clearly labeled and NOT marketed to children..

footer_warning_full_image_en.png

No more a threat in the hands of capable parent than a jar of oxycontin or a box of carpet tacks..

Last edited:

Yeah we need to childproof the world.....it's up to parents to do this stuff, I have no problem with labels or guides to how old the child should be for a toy. but I played with the 3.5" GI Joes as a kid, and they had all kinds of parts you could swallow, but we made it through...

I played with toys with small parts, probably with lead paint when I was little too. I'm sure some of the pieces ended up in the septic tank. My kids despite my best efforts swallowed stuff too, but they didn't end up in the ER.
I remember finding a dime in my daughter's diaper along with the usual shit one would find there.
Damn! The body has a way of eliminating stuff we can't digest.

Using, probably, the most perfect ball bearing, conceived by the late Buckminster Fuller, and dumping it into a toy, is pretty fucked up in itself.

Using, probably, the most perfect ball bearing, conceived by the late Buckminster Fuller, and dumping it into a toy, is pretty fucked up in itself.
If a 14 yo finds that eating steel balls is a good idea, I'd say the parents have a lot more to worry about than that teenager choking on this.

When did Buckminster Fuller conceive of a perfect ball bearing?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOv0AkphLhE&feature=related]Never Let Go of Childhood Wonder. SAVE ZEN MAGNETS @ SaveMagnets.com - YouTube[/ame]

Are you all going to go there on a certain day and stand in line for 2 hours to purchase them? Way to stick it to the "left".

Actually, I just bought 2 on line from the Website, it took less than five minutes. I survived. ;)

no, they are supposed to TEACH... their children well.

From the company website... main page...
We only market to adults.

I am, and I would not put this product where a young child could get to it... I would not buy it for a young child, as it is not age appropriate... and I would teach my young child not to go touch it if they saw it. It's called parenting, something I feel I am quite adept at.

Once again, government trying to destroy a thriving business

CPSC: Thank you for trying to drive a $50 million
New York-based consumer product company out of business.

Buckyballs | Buckycubes | The Amazing Magnetic Desktoy You Can't Put Down

"We are deeply disappointed that the CPSC has decided to go after our firm - and magnets in general. Magnets have been around for centuries and are used for all sorts of purposes. Our products are marketed to those 14 and above and out of over half a billion magnets in the market place CPSC has received reports of less than two-dozen cases of misuse. We worked with the Commission in order to do an education video less than 9 months ago, so we are shocked they are taking this action. We find it unfair, unjust and un-American," added Zucker. "We will vigorously fight this action taken by President Obama's hand picked agency."

There have been about 12 reported cases of children swallowing buckyballs and being taken to the emergency room.

Is the government gonna stop making coins with that same logic? What is it that the government really wants? One has to wonder

Buckyballs | Buckycubes | The Amazing Magnetic Desktoy You Can't Put Down

I think I have a case of them.....

Family had a toy store.... We sold the hell out of the Buckyballs...

no, they are supposed to TEACH... their children well.

From the company website... main page...
We only market to adults.

I am, and I would not put this product where a young child could get to it... I would not buy it for a young child, as it is not age appropriate... and I would teach my young child not to go touch it if they saw it. It's called parenting, something I feel I am quite adept at.

I would love to know how a bunch of magnetic beeds teach children.....

Forum List

Back