Building collapses in Philadelphia

Circe

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2013
Aeaea
A large building just collapsed in the center of Philadelphia, apparently with people inside.

Our inner cities are deteriorating like Bangladesh now. Detroit, now Philadelphia.

CNN International

6/5 - *6 minutes ago*

(CNN) -- As many as 10 people are believed to be trapped in the rubble of a building that collapsed Wednesday morning in Philadelphia, city Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers said, according to CNN affiliate WPVI.

There was some demolition going on next door to it (buildings actually touch). There is a Salvation Army thrift store that the next door collapsed onto it from what I am hearing. So far at least 11 have been pulled from the rubble.

An 18 yr old young man was right there when it happened and helped to pull out many from the store. Way to go!

I have to question why the people in the stores adjacent would be allowed to stay in there while the demolition is actually going on. Seems that is foolhardy just for this reason, if something goes wrong.

Supposedly 3 still in the rubble that they know of.

A large building just collapsed in the center of Philadelphia, apparently with people inside.

Our inner cities are deteriorating like Bangladesh now. Detroit, now Philadelphia.

CNN International

6/5 - *6 minutes ago*

(CNN) -- As many as 10 people are believed to be trapped in the rubble of a building that collapsed Wednesday morning in Philadelphia, city Fire Commissioner Lloyd Ayers said, according to CNN affiliate WPVI.

they were in the process of demolishing the building.....over in Bangladesh the buildings fall on their own....that did not happen here......

CNN International

6/5 - *6 minutes ago*

they were in the process of demolishing the building.....over in Bangladesh the buildings fall on their own....that did not happen here......

They were demolishing a building with ten or more people in it? Excuse me if I don't believe that.

CNN International

6/5 - *6 minutes ago*

Let me get this straight, they are tearing down a building, which happens every single day, and something horrible goes wrong, and you use this as an opportunity to compare Philadelphia to Bangladesh to score cheap political points.

I hope you are proud of yourself.

CNN International

6/5 - *6 minutes ago*

They were demolishing a building with ten or more people in it? Excuse me if I don't believe that.

Is that because you think they always implode buildings? Most demolition is done by people pulling out the non load bearing walls first, then they take each floor apart piece by piece.

CNN International

6/5 - *6 minutes ago*

the buildings abutt each other. The one to its left was being demolished. It collapsed onto the thrift store which was a single story structure. The one they were bringing down was, I believe, 4 stories. Another gentleman that does the same type of work said he did not like how they had been taking the building apart. He had been watching the process which had been going on for awhile.

the buildings abutt each other. The one to its left was being demolished. It collapsed onto the thrift store which was a single story structure. The one they were bringing down was, I believe, 4 stories. Another gentleman that does the same type of work said he did not like how they had been taking the building apart. He had been watching the process which had been going on for awhile.

Okay, thanks. That makes sense.

Cough, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD06SAf0p9A"]WTC 7[/ame], Cough

honey hush if thats all it takes for you to ignore someone....you are gonna become real lonely on this board

Naaaaaah, it clears out the trash.

There's a lot of the Great Unwashed here.

But there are always plenty of people smart enough to be civil, smart is all I really want to talk with.

Besides, do you realize that neg reps go away as soon as somebody is put on Ignore? Zap, it's magic.

Forum List

Back