Burn more waste paper.

Sure, we can burn it. Put a prison on top of the landfill and make them sort it out.
Consumer sorting is the only way to go and is not as hard as it sounds. The problem is that most people are too grand to be bothered. For years my tenants, mostly grad students, followed instructions and flattened their 'amazon' boxes and placed them neatly in the building's recycle area. Today, the 'new' students just make a big fucking mess out of it. Not one bothers to flatten their boxes. I don't mind doing it but I shouldn't have to.

Another thing about these kids, many are discourteous to the point of rudeness. They also seem very depressed.

Last edited:
Consumer sorting is the only way to go and is not as hard as it sounds. The problem is that most people are too grand to be bothered. For years my tenants, mostly grad students, followed instructions and flattened their 'amazon' boxes and placed them neatly in the building's recycle area. Today, the 'new' students just make a big fucking mess out of it. Not one bothers to flatten their boxes. I don't mind doing it but I shouldn't have to.

Another thing about these kids, many are discourteous to the point of rudeness.
Uh, you just explained how consumer sorting does not work.

I been to landfills, tons of stuff is useable and can be recycled. Mexicans some how got permission to take what the want like old mattresses and stuff that they take to mexico to sell.

At the landfill there must be sorting, which there is, but there can be much more.

Uh, you just explained how consumer sorting does not work.

I been to landfills, tons of stuff is useable and can be recycled. Mexicans some how got permission to take what the want like old mattresses and stuff that they take to mexico to sell.

At the landfill there must be sorting, which there is, but there can be much more.
In my city we have 83 percent compliance on recycle items, meaning 17 percent of what people put in the recycle carts is trash. The city maintains a recycling center where the stuff gets sorted.

We also have a large dumpster on our property that is routinely filled with recyclable stuff, and not all from our tenants. People just don't give a shit. I guess they never have. :(

Forum List

Back