Bus converted to showers for homeless

It cost $75,000?! SERIOUSLY?!?!

*facepalm*

Seriously: why not start with a retired school bus and do it for a third (or less) the cost?

Probably wouldn't work.

I've explored using "retired" school buses for other uses and they just cannot stand up to the punishment.

They used a "retired" city bus - why isn't that just as good?

The good news is that, thanks to President Obama we now have a US company building buses. That means that if $arah, Mittens and other RW losers decide to run again, they won't have to buy their buses in Canada. Nice, huh?

Why in the world does the left think the opportunity to take a shower in a converted bus "creates dignity"? Next the radical left will tell us that a clean shopping cart "creates dignity". Maybe the concept just creates a warm and fuzzy feeling to low information lefties but there are many, many private shelters that really provide dignity but the homeless who occasionally use a converted bus to clean their bodies don't have enough dignity to follow the rules of society and stay straight for even night or two nights for a shower and a clean bed.

It cost $75,000?! SERIOUSLY?!?!

*facepalm*

Seriously: why not start with a retired school bus and do it for a third (or less) the cost?

Probably wouldn't work.

I've explored using "retired" school buses for other uses and they just cannot stand up to the punishment.

Horseshit! I OWN a retired skoolie: 1992/3 International Genesis converted to a motorhome...still going strong with 320,000+ miles. They are class 7 truck chassis, tremendously overbuilt.

They used a "retired" city bus - why isn't that just as good?

Same reason I didn't use one: More money, higher operating costs, and less usable floor space. (Especially if that's the New Flyer it looks like.) Also, they tend to have gargantuan miles, and they are HARD miles.

The good news is that, thanks to President Obama we now have a US company building buses. That means that if $arah, Mittens and other RW losers decide to run again, they won't have to buy their buses in Canada. Nice, huh?

There have always been buses built here: currently...Tulsa (components from the Conway, AR plant mine rolled out of), North Carolina, Georgia, and California.

Forum List

Back