Business' Fear of Obamacare Fades

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Tim Mullaney, USA TODAY
August 20, 2013

Small-business hiring and confidence about the future are rising, a signal of the economy's growing strength and diminishing concerns about employee insurance coverage required by the new health care law.

Job creation at small companies has almost doubled in the last six months, reaching 82,000 jobs at firms with 49 or fewer employees in July, according to payroll processor ADP. Borrowing by small businesses and sales of new franchises have also climbed, indicating business owners are willing to take on new expenses and risk.

<snip>

New research from Moody's and other economists also challenges the idea that small employers are hiring only part-time workers to avoid falling under the health care law's mandate to insure full-time workers.

... New research from Moody's and other economists also challenges the idea that small employers are hiring only part-time workers to avoid falling under the health care law's mandate to insure full-time workers.

Another failure for the Republicans.

Businesses are seeing that the R has lied about this facet of ObamaCare too. Look at what we've recently read about Costco, Trader Joe's and others. They can pay a decent wage and pay benefits without losing revenues.

propaganda coming fast and furious from USAtoday, CNN and Nbc...

they post one these and WALLA even though the majority of articles coming out say DIFFERENT

I guess they expect people to just BUY IT

how desperate

Last edited:
Obama has a lot of useful tools working day and night to find these articles aren't they...lol

Nevada AFL-CIO condemns provision of Obamacare

The union claims certain provisions of the law would destroy union health plans, making the usual staunch allies of President Barack Obama just the latest Las Vegas union to publicly condemn the health care law

The unintended consequences of the ACA will lead to the destruction of the 40 hour work week, higher taxes and force union members onto more costly plans,” the resolution reads.

The Nevada State AFL-CIO passed its resolution just hours after U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., addressed the union at its annual convention at the Excalibur.

Nevada AFL-CIO condemns provision of Obamacare - Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013 | 3:19 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun

God dam rightwing Unions.

Of course business have figured out a way to survive and prosper even under obamacare. It comes at the cost of fewer jobs, fewer benefits, and less hours, Yay obama!

they don't care about any of that..they probably "HAVE THEIRS" so screw the rest of the Amercian people

Well this thread fails what a bunch of bullshit liberal porpaganda.3/4th of all new jobs created this year was partime even the libearl huff post reports that.

the three libs in this thread should be hanging their heads in shame...Intentionally trying to deceive the American people...just like your Dear Leader

you are all snakes and for what, THE PARTY

the three libs in this thread should be hanging their heads in shame...Intentionally trying to deceive the American people...just like your Dear Leader

you are all snakes and for what, THE PARTY

Yup steph I am a Rino and these liberals on here make me sick Obozo care is crap but they will defend it tooth and nail just so it dont make Obama look bad.I just guess they live with their mommys and dont have to pay for it.

propaganda coming fast and furious from USAtoday, CNN and Nbc...

they post one these and WALLA even though the majority of articles coming out say DIFFERENT

I guess they expect people to just BUY IT

how desperate

"WALLA"? <giggle>

Moody's Corporation economist Marisa DiNatale and economist Brian Westbury columnist for the conservative rag American Spectator tell adifferent story from what the rightys on this thread are telling.
Who do you believe, rightys on the USMB or righty economists? - "It's true that about 77% of jobs added nationwide in 2013 are part time. But this year's new jobs are concentrated in industries such as restaurants and hospitality that use as much as twice as many part-timers as other companies, Moody's economist Marisa DiNatale found in a July paper. Most industries are actually using fewer part-timers than last year, DiNatale said.

Likewise, FT Advisors chief economist Brian Wesbury says this year's gains in part-time hiring offset a late-2012 drop in part-time jobs when full-time employment was surging. For the last 12 months, 75% of new jobs are full time, according to the Labor Department."

Did you know McDonalds workers in Australia earn the American equivalent of $15 bucks/hr and have health insurance?

I think the fact that the employee side has been delayed until next year, businesses are now ready to proceed but later next year...we will see the same thing.

I think the fact that the employee side has been delayed until next year, businesses are now ready to proceed but later next year...we will see the same thing.

I don't think so...I believe it will be another year of malaise.

Businesses work on the basis of long range planning and all Bammy has done is continue with the complete uncertainty of what tomorrow brings.

I recently returned to the HC business with BCBS and it is chaos.....some states don't even have their rates approved yet and open enrollment starts Ot 1....most of the Exchanges are not ready for business and the platform whereby insurance companies interface with the exchanges is well behind schedule.

This will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Forum List

Back