Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
HAL THE COMPUTER
YEAR: 2050
GOAL: REDUCE WORLD SUFFERING
ANALIZE: SUFFERING CAUSED BY HUMANS
SOLUTION: ELIMINATE HUMANS

"Today there's no legislation regarding how much intelligence a machine can have, how interconnected it can be. If that continues, look at the exponential trend. We will reach the singularity in the timeframe most experts predict. From that point on you're going to see that the top species will no longer be humans, but machines."

Read more: Louis Del Monte Interview On The Singularity - Business Insider

$magnus.jpg

I don't think it will be the year 4000 before we see this. :D

Fed the liberals to alligators and the world will be a cooler place in 24hours.

Where machines are concerned, form follows function. No machine will ever autonomously kill everybody unless it is specifically designed by a human to do so.

HAL THE COMPUTER

"Today there's no legislation regarding how much intelligence a machine can have, how interconnected it can be. If that continues, look at the exponential trend. We will reach the singularity in the timeframe most experts predict. From that point on you're going to see that the top species will no longer be humans, but machines."

I'm going Terminator angle...

Sky Net kicks in and the machines take over.

Where machines are concerned, form follows function. No machine will ever autonomously kill everybody unless it is specifically designed by a human to do so.

Does the same hold for humans?

I think it is just a matter of how far AI goes. In other words the machine will need to make decisions. If the machine is a cop then they need to make decisions on when to shoot or not shoot. These are moral issues. If morality were not programed in then the machine might just shoot the jay walker as well as the murderer. So while you are right I think that is the whole discussion. Will AI advance to the point where computer will make moral decisions that could cause them to be a problem for humans.

HAL THE COMPUTER

I'm going Terminator angle...

Sky Net kicks in and the machines take over.

I am thinking more along the lines of the The Forbin Project. Maybe not on the scale in the movie but machines made to make moral decisions running counter to what we think is good for civilization.

Forum List

Back