Camille Paglia: "Dem party 'nationwide orgy of rage and spite'..."

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Camille Paglia:
"one America's smartest and most fearless writers" ... and a registered 2016 Bernie-supporting / Hillary-voting Democrat.

"Camille Paglia: Some background is necessary. First of all, I must make my political affiliations crystal clear. I am a registered Democrat who voted for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primary and for Jill Stein in the general election. Since last Fall, I've had my eye on Kamala Harris, the new senator from California, and I hope to vote for her in the next presidential primary."

THAT BEING SAID...

"Camille Paglia: My position continues to be that Hillary, with her supercilious, Marie Antoinette-style entitlement, was a disastrously wrong candidate for 2016 and that she secured the nomination only through overt chicanery by the Democratic National Committee, assisted by a corrupt national media who, for over a year, imposed a virtual blackout on potential primary rivals."

"Camille Paglia: Had Hillary won, everyone would have expected disappointed Trump voters to show a modicum of respect for the electoral results as well as for the historic ceremony of the inauguration, during which former combatants momentarily unite to pay homage to the peaceful transition of power in our democracy. But that was not the reaction of a vast cadre of Democrats shocked by Trump's win.

In an abject failure of leadership that may be one of the most disgraceful episodes in the history of the modern Democratic party, Chuck Schumer, who had risen to become the Senate Democratic leader after the retirement of Harry Reid, asserted absolutely no moral authority as the party spun out of control in a nationwide orgy of rage and spite.

Nor were there statesmanlike words of caution and restraint from two seasoned politicians whom I have admired for decades and believe should have run for president long ago—Senator Dianne Feinstein and Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi. How do Democrats imagine they can ever expand their electoral support if they go on and on in this self-destructive way, impugning half the nation as vile racists and homophobes?

Camille Paglia: On Trump, Democrats, Transgenderism, and Islamist Terror

Camille Paglia:
"one America's smartest and most fearless writers" ... and a registered 2016 Bernie-supporting / Hillary-voting Democrat.

"Camille Paglia: Some background is necessary. First of all, I must make my political affiliations crystal clear. I am a registered Democrat who voted for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primary and for Jill Stein in the general election. Since last Fall, I've had my eye on Kamala Harris, the new senator from California, and I hope to vote for her in the next presidential primary."

THAT BEING SAID...

"Camille Paglia: My position continues to be that Hillary, with her supercilious, Marie Antoinette-style entitlement, was a disastrously wrong candidate for 2016 and that she secured the nomination only through overt chicanery by the Democratic National Committee, assisted by a corrupt national media who, for over a year, imposed a virtual blackout on potential primary rivals."

"Camille Paglia: Had Hillary won, everyone would have expected disappointed Trump voters to show a modicum of respect for the electoral results as well as for the historic ceremony of the inauguration, during which former combatants momentarily unite to pay homage to the peaceful transition of power in our democracy. But that was not the reaction of a vast cadre of Democrats shocked by Trump's win.

In an abject failure of leadership that may be one of the most disgraceful episodes in the history of the modern Democratic party, Chuck Schumer, who had risen to become the Senate Democratic leader after the retirement of Harry Reid, asserted absolutely no moral authority as the party spun out of control in a nationwide orgy of rage and spite.

Nor were there statesmanlike words of caution and restraint from two seasoned politicians whom I have admired for decades and believe should have run for president long ago—Senator Dianne Feinstein and Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi. How do Democrats imagine they can ever expand their electoral support if they go on and on in this self-destructive way, impugning half the nation as vile racists and homophobes?

Camille Paglia: On Trump, Democrats, Transgenderism, and Islamist Terror
One of my favorites, and the regressives will hate her for this.

Well, even more than they already do. She's in there with Maher now.

To me, liberals kind of act like a narcissistic group of people who doesn't really have any self-reflection in deciding if their behavior is wrong. Like all narcissist they immediately blame others for their own failings in order to deflect criticism from themselves. Normally, these types of people will be around other normal people who tell them no but since the entire liberal media is like one giant group of them there is nothing to correct them.

In a lot of ways it is like a group of racist who tell themselves that white people are better and of course the white people are never going to say otherwise to each other and if you notice, most of the Washington press core is white so there could be something akin to some kind of racial collusion going on that they may not be aware of.

The entire washington press core is like some big group of liberals who tell themselves that they are never wrong and they are always the truth. No one is within their circle to tell them otherwise and when some outsiders tell them otherwise the entire narcissistic instinct goes off and they rage at them like some kind of child who didn't want to be told that they were wrong in front of the their mommy and daddy.

I would probably have to know who she is to “hate” her.
She's been around for a long time. I heard her first 20 years ago. Very smart, gay too I believe, not that there's anything wrong with that, but honest. Rare for the left. A prolific pontificator on politics, conservatives like to have her on the shows because she can articulate her position without the bomb throwing. You sure don't get out much.

Forum List

Back