Capt. James Kirk commands U.S. Navy’s largest destroyer ever on maiden voyage

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
zumwalt-destroyer-james-kirk-01.jpg

I thought “destroyers” were small, fast ships used to defend the Big Boys like battleships, cruisers, and flat tops. This one sure isn't the traditional one.

The ship has electric propulsion, new radar and sonar, powerful missiles and guns, and a stealthy design to reduce its radar signature. Advanced automation will allow the warship to operate with a much smaller crew size than current destroyers.

Read more with a video @ Capt. James Kirk commands U.S. Navy’s largest destroyer ever on maiden voyage

Nice ship. Wish they would have had ships like that when I was in. I would absolutely love to be able to take a tour of that ship.

BTW...........radar reflection technology makes ships look extremely sleek.

It would be indeed be totally awesome if the captains name was really JT Kirk...and the ship called The Enterprise. :lol:

I just read the link. OMG!! That IS his name!

“We are absolutely fired up to see Zumwalt get underway. For the crew and all those involved in designing, building, and readying this fantastic ship, this is a huge milestone,” the ship’s skipper, Navy Capt. James Kirk, said before the ship departed.

Never mind. I got a case of the dumbs from all those stupid dumb tweets I posted about. Zumwalt? That is the name of it? Oy.

Nice ship. Cost 4 billion dollars. For a destroyer. That is what the previous version of the main US nuclear aircraft carrier cost before the new 13 billion dollar sitting duck.

I love the navy and like these types of new weapons systems but its over the top in a military who's spending has been over the top for decades.

And for the braindead who say 'we should spend whatever they want to spend' get bent. The bridge you drive over every day may fall down while you are on it but we need a 4 billion dollar destroyer.

Mental illness.

Nice ship. Cost 4 billion dollars. For a destroyer. That is what the previous version of the main US nuclear aircraft carrier cost before the new 13 billion dollar sitting duck.

I love the navy and like these types of new weapons systems but its over the top in a military who's spending has been over the top for decades.

And for the braindead who say 'we should spend whatever they want to spend' get bent. The bridge you drive over every day may fall down while you are on it but we need a 4 billion dollar destroyer.

Mental illness.
Oh Look...............Isaac has a Navy.............Cute hmmm........

41Ydb%2Bc9fLL.jpg

Mental illness.

41Ydb%2Bc9fLL.jpg

You gonna cry cuz I said somtin you don't like? Here's a tissue.

Mental illness.

41Ydb%2Bc9fLL.jpg

Layers of defense......................Hardly sitting ducks....................We have assets on Land, Sea, Under Sea, and Air..............to get at these sitting ducks you have to get through ALL THE LAYERS........................

The only ones that would have a chance in a all out War against us is China and Russia...................Carriers and these Battle Groups put our Firepower in their back yard.........................With a hell of a lot of fire power..........................

HARDLY SITTING DUCKS............

Mental illness.

41Ydb%2Bc9fLL.jpg

Layers of defense......................Hardly sitting ducks....................We have assets on Land, Sea, Under Sea, and Air..............to get at these sitting ducks you have to get through ALL THE LAYERS........................

The only ones that would have a chance in a all out War against us is China and Russia...................Carriers and these Battle Groups put our Firepower in their back yard.........................With a hell of a lot of fire power..........................

HARDLY SITTING DUCKS............

LOL

They are sitting ducks. ALL ships in the world are because of modern missiles.

And I'm not having this same conversation with people who need to believe anything to feel safe.

Pick up your blanky and go play.

zumwalt-destroyer-james-kirk-01.jpg

I thought “destroyers” were small, fast ships used to defend the Big Boys like battleships, cruisers, and flat tops. This one sure isn't the traditional one.

The ship has electric propulsion, new radar and sonar, powerful missiles and guns, and a stealthy design to reduce its radar signature. Advanced automation will allow the warship to operate with a much smaller crew size than current destroyers.

Read more with a video @ Capt. James Kirk commands U.S. Navy’s largest destroyer ever on maiden voyage
:salute:
Fucking BAD ASS!!

600ft? Wow!
Hell, my BB was 887ft

This ain't no "Tin Can", that's for damned sure

:clap2:

Forum List

Back