Casting out Demons in the Name of Jesus

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This is a testimony from Dr. Lester Sumrall about a girl who was cursing the people of her city in the Philipines with dead - the Mayor was frantic, the people in the city were frantic, when he came to cast the demon out of her that was holding her captive - over 100 people including authorities stood by to witness it. They celebrated the girls deliverance with a news paper headline the devil is dead! Of course this was an over dramatizing of what had been done as the devil is not dead but the demon possessing this girl - a prince in this particular case - was cast out and she became completely normal afterwards. * Her mother had been involved in the occult.

The mayor of the city thanked Sumrall personally for her deliverance! What a story! Listen to this!

[ame=http://youtu.be/ynQ5DQkwZVs]Dr. Lester Sumrall Cast The Devil Out In Philippines! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Cast off your garments of fear, replace them with love
Most of all play with the game of the age
Highest of places remain all as one with you
Giving us light and the freedom of the day...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a testimony from Dr. Lester Sumrall about a girl who was cursing the people of her city in the Philipines with dead - the Mayor was frantic, the people in the city were frantic, when he came to cast the demon out of her that was holding her captive - over 100 people including authorities stood by to witness it. They celebrated the girls deliverance with a news paper headline the devil is dead! Of course this was an over dramatizing of what had been done as the devil is not dead but the demon possessing this girl - a prince in this particular case - was cast out and she became completely normal afterwards. * Her mother had been involved in the occult.

The mayor of the city thanked Sumrall personally for her deliverance! What a story! Listen to this!

Dr. Lester Sumrall Cast The Devil Out In Philippines! - YouTube

Lot more than 100 have claimed to see Bigfoot, the LOch Ness Monster, and fairies. Doesn't mean those are real.

The entire city apparently knew of it including government officials and the Mayor of the city. Not to mention that Sumrall gave the testimony of what happened on television before millions and millions of people. Why didn't anyone in the Philipines dispute his testimony? Why did the Mayor publicly commend him and visit his church in Manila rather than accuse him of falsely using his name? I'll tell you why. Because it really happened. I find it fascinating that the very same people who openly boast of dabbling in the occult will then deny that demons exist! ha! ha! Oh, the irony of it all is just too much. I cannot help but laugh, Delta. You've outdone yourself this time. Thanks for the amusing reply!

Lot more than 100 have claimed to see Bigfoot, the LOch Ness Monster, and fairies. Doesn't mean those are real.

Accidents are invisible too. Do you know what the cause is?

I didn't think.
I didn't see.
I didn't know.

I was in traffic court some years ago and the judge told the defendant, "You learn something new every day."

I have a question about excorcisms

Why is that the devil is able to disobey God, but must do as Jesus commands?

Why can't the devil disobey Jesus as well?

Where did you learn that?

Jesus is God and yes, the Devil has to obey God and Jesus.

Scripture makes clear that the demons must obey Jesus because He is God almighty, keep in mind that Satan could not send that tornado, could not afflict Job, kill his children, put boils upon Jobs body without first being granted the petition to remove the hedge of protection surrounding Job. He was told he could not kill him but he did gain permission to afflict him with great sufferings. The authority of Jesus Name belongs to the born again believer also and demons must obey the believer who walks in the authority of Christ's name. That is how we cast out demons. Read Mark 16 for the great commission given to the followers of Christ. Also here is the authority of the believer:

It is written:

Behold, I have given you authority to trample upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means harm you. - Luke 10: 19

When Jesus cast the demons out of the madman who was roaming about the tombs - the demons cried out asking permission to be cast into some pigs - because demons seek to indwell a physical body - being a person or an animal. Consider these scriptures Amrchaos:

Mark 5:3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain.

Context

Demons Cast into Pigs
…2When He got out of the boat, immediately a man from the tombs with an unclean spirit met Him, 3and he had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one was able to bind him anymore, even with a chain; 4because he had often been bound with shackles and chains, and the chains had been torn apart by him and the shackles broken in pieces, and no one was strong enough to subdue him.…

Cross References

Mark 5:2
When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him.

Mark 5:4
For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him.

Treasury of Scripture

Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:

http://biblehub.com/matthew/8-29.htm

And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

Context

Demons Cast into Pigs
28When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way. 29And they cried out, saying, "What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?" 30Now there was a herd of many swine feeding at a distance from them.…
So as you can see, Amrchaos, the demons know who Jesus is. Who is Jesus? The Son of God. Why do they obey him? Because they have to! Today? They still have to! How so? When the Lord sends His servants to minister to those bound by demons - it is to cast those devils out! Set the captives free! Who has done this? Jesus Christ has done it. It is finished. This is the message of the cross. See Mark 16.

Are there people on the earth demon possessed today? Of course there are. There are many, many testimonies of people being delivered of demonic possession - how? A christian prayed for them and cast the demons out. See the thread on USMB - Testimony of an Ex-Satanist. You can also look up the testimonies of former satanists, occultists, witches, etc. who have been delivered of demons - testimonies found on the internet, on youtube, in books written by born again Christians, the testimonies are in the tens of thousands. Jesus is still healing, delivering, and saving the multitudes today. How blessed are the feet of those who bring the good news! Romans 10: 8,9,10. Amen.

Last edited:

What to say? You believe in the existence of Lucifer but yet you claim here that you do not believe in principalities, rulers of darkness, spiritual wickedness in high places, demons.... what is wrong with this picture, Delta? Any idea?

Response to Mr. H. whom Jesus loves......

Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

Context

The Righteous are as Bold as a Lion
1The wicked flee when no one is pursuing, But the righteous are bold as a lion. 2By the transgression of a land many are its princes, But by a man of understanding and knowledge, so it endures.…

Cross References

Leviticus 26:17
I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you.

Leviticus 26:36
"'As for those of you who are left, I will make their hearts so fearful in the lands of their enemies that the sound of a windblown leaf will put them to flight. They will run as though fleeing from the sword, and they will fall, even though no one is pursuing them.

2 Kings 7:7
So they got up and fled in the dusk and abandoned their tents and their horses and donkeys. They left the camp as it was and ran for their lives.

Last edited:
Luke 10:17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

Context

The Seventy-Two Return with Joy
17The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name." 18And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning.…

Cross References

Matthew 4:24
News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them.

Mark 16:17
And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

Luke 10:20
However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Last edited:
Although the video ends before phase 2, I am sure Lester Sumrall completed her healing. Don't try this at home because the consequences could be dire. When you expel a demon, it leaves a vacancy. If that vacancy isn't filled with the Holy Spirit, here are the results:

Matthew 12:43-45 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

Jere, Sumrall was a heavy weight. Glad to see you are impressed by him, and odd to see you not judging him as a false prophet, because if he was prettier, you'd think he and I were twins! We sure sound alike..... ;)
Here he is preaching the rapture, and the lack of sin upon entering Heaven, and what the Bema Judgement really is:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPQ48KIqURE]Lester Sumrall Prophecy Rapture End Times Study - YouTube[/ame]

In fact, if any body believes that your sins are going to be judged once you have accepted Christ as your savior, listen to the first two minutes of the video. He puts it into perspective. Then listen to the rest because it will edify your soul. :) If you're in Christ, the only judgement that awaits you is the one that will determine your rewards. He has already addressed your sins. :)

Last edited:
I do not believe you are a false prophet for believing in a pre - trib rapture. Why in the world would I consider Sumrall to be one? Sumrall was a spiritual giant. He was mentored by Howard Carter and also met Smith Wigglesworth. He kept fine company. I would not accuse anyone who is pre trib of being a false prophet. On the other hand, if someone is teaching that all paths lead to heaven, etc, I would most certainly identify that one as a false prophet, Irish Ram. (Just because someone uses the name of Jesus does not mean they are speaking of the Jesus in the bible - their words must line up with Scripture)

What we can do is agree that the day shall come when we shall find out if George Mueller was right ( he believed in rapture AFTER the tribulation as I do ) or if Lester Sumrall was right who believed in a pre tribulation rapture ( as you do ) Have a blessed evening, Irish Ram. I really do not believe it would be edifying to continue debating the matter. Time will tell. That should be sufficient as it is not a matter of salvation but rather a matter of our departure. There is much work to do while we still can.

The entire city apparently knew of it including government officials and the Mayor of the city. Not to mention that Sumrall gave the testimony of what happened on television before millions and millions of people. Why didn't anyone in the Philipines dispute his testimony? Why did the Mayor publicly commend him and visit his church in Manila rather than accuse him of falsely using his name? I'll tell you why. Because it really happened. I find it fascinating that the very same people who openly boast of dabbling in the occult will then deny that demons exist! ha! ha! Oh, the irony of it all is just too much. I cannot help but laugh, Delta. You've outdone yourself this time. Thanks for the amusing reply!

Why there is no god

Personal revelation cannot be independently verified. So-called ‘revelations’ never include information a recipient could not have known beforehand, such as the time and location of a rare event or answers to any number of unsolved problems in science. They are usually emotional or perceptual in content and therefore unremarkable among the many cognitive processes brains exhibit, including dreams and hallucinations. These experiences may even be artificially induced by narcotics or magnetic fields. Extreme cases may be diagnosed as a form of schizophrenia or psychosis.

Spiritual and religious experiences are not only inconsistent among individuals but are variably attributed to different gods, aliens, spirits, rituals, hallucinations, meditation etc. The fact that medical conditions and other natural processes can induce these experiences is evidence they are produced by our brain.

and

Divine intervention claims most often concern systems and events for which we have poor predictive capabilities, for example, weather, sports, health and social/economic interactions. Such claims are rarely made in relation to those things we can accurately predict and test e.g. the motion of celestial bodies, boiling point of water and pull of gravity. If a god is constantly intervening in the universe it supposedly created, then it is with such ambiguity as to appear completely indistinguishable from normal background chance.

Thanks for your response Sealybobo. I believe if you watch the video and listen to what happened you will understand that this was not a matter of personal revelation but rather an open display of the delivering power of Jesus Christ - a girl who was demon possessed with physical marks in her body from demonic attacks - who had demons speaking through her pronouncing death on a doctor - who subsequently died and this also was documented - a city in fear of who would be next to die - a mayor distraught over something he had no apparent control of - and one hundred eye witnesses who looked on as the principality possessing her cursed God, Jesus. Also the demon cursed Sumrall, accused him of being a bastard ( child born out of wedlock ) to which he replied I am the sixth child of my parents - that is a lie too - the casting out of the demon in front of those same one hundred witnesses - the girl being returned to her right mind perfectly normal - the people who witnessed the miracle - which led to the headlines of a newspaper in the city of Manila declaring the girl being delivered of the devil. Even declaring the devil is dead! Ha! Ha! I believe in their exhuberance they got a bit over zealous in their news report?

Still she was miraculously delivered of the demon which was physically attacking her and others - even death of the doctor - so in that it was a bonafide case of Gods delivering power trumping Satans strongest principality which held the girl in bondage. Do you see the difference?

Now let us consider if I had a personal revelation from Christ about faith. How could I impart that into you? By telling you about it. It may not happen immediately but given time - if you continue to listen to the scriptures that support the revelation on faith I myself have received I believe it would be imparted into you as well. Then you would believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. That is how faith is. Then as we continued to share scriptures, songs, hymns, speak about Jesus your faith would grow stronger and stronger and stronger until you'd have a very difficult time not believing God!

You get around someone who is on fire for God? And sooner rather than later - you are going to find yourself seeking Him too.

If you wanted no part of God you would avoid the person who is on fire for God knowing that eventually you are going to become a believer. The devil would do his best to influence you away from listening to those who have are abiding in Christ. He doesn't want people to believe in God. He does not want you to believe in God. He is jealous of you with a perfect hatred because you were created in the image of God - a trichotomy -spirit, soul and body and though your body will one day go into the ground and return to dust your spirit and soul will live eternally in one of two places. Heaven or hell. Of course he does not want you to know about these things either. He would prefer that you held fast to the idea that God did not exist. But God does exist and He loves you so much that He sent His Son to die on a cross, shedding his blood for the remission of your sins. If you would like to know more please look at the thread spirit, soul and body and watch the video which explains Gods plan of redemption for you and also who Jesus is! Jesus is God! God loves you, Sealybobo. It is all good news. I hope we have the opportunity to speak soon. God willing, we will. Good night. - Jeri

Last edited:
I do not believe you are a false prophet for believing in a pre - trib rapture. Why in the world would I consider Sumrall to be one? Sumrall was a spiritual giant. He was mentored by Howard Carter and also met Smith Wigglesworth. He kept fine company. I would not accuse anyone who is pre trib of being a false prophet. On the other hand, if someone is teaching that all paths lead to heaven, etc, I would most certainly identify that one as a false prophet, Irish Ram. (Just because someone uses the name of Jesus does not mean they are speaking of the Jesus in the bible - their words must line up with Scripture)

What we can do is agree that the day shall come when we shall find out if George Mueller was right ( he believed in rapture AFTER the tribulation as I do ) or if Lester Sumrall was right who believed in a pre tribulation rapture ( as you do ) Have a blessed evening, Irish Ram. I really do not believe it would be edifying to continue debating the matter. Time will tell. That should be sufficient as it is not a matter of salvation but rather a matter of our departure. There is much work to do while we still can.

We aren't debating. This is me telling you that you are out of line.
When you tell me that I am wrong in one breath and in the next proclaim that you need to expose false prophets, you insinuate that I am one. I consider that a passive aggressive move on your part. This isn't the first time you've tried to discredit me. I hope it is the last. You are entitled to your views, as am I.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response Sealybobo. I believe if you watch the video and listen to what happened you will understand that this was not a matter of personal revelation but rather an open display of the delivering power of Jesus Christ - a girl who was demon possessed with physical marks in her body from demonic attacks - who had demons speaking through her pronouncing death on a doctor - who subsequently died and this also was documented - a city in fear of who would be next to die - a mayor distraught over something he had no apparent control of - and one hundred eye witnesses who looked on as the principality possessing her cursed God, Jesus. Also the demon cursed Sumrall, accused him of being a bastard ( child born out of wedlock ) to which he replied I am the sixth child of my parents - that is a lie too - the casting out of the demon in front of those same one hundred witnesses - the girl being returned to her right mind perfectly normal - the people who witnessed the miracle - which led to the headlines of a newspaper in the city of Manila declaring the girl being delivered of the devil. Even declaring the devil is dead! Ha! Ha! I believe in their exhuberance they got a bit over zealous in their news report?

Still she was miraculously delivered of the demon which was physically attacking her and others - even death of the doctor - so in that it was a bonafide case of Gods delivering power trumping Satans strongest principality which held the girl in bondage. Do you see the difference?

Now let us consider if I had a personal revelation from Christ about faith. How could I impart that into you? By telling you about it. It may not happen immediately but given time - if you continue to listen to the scriptures that support the revelation on faith I myself have received I believe it would be imparted into you as well. Then you would believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. That is how faith is. Then as we continued to share scriptures, songs, hymns, speak about Jesus your faith would grow stronger and stronger and stronger until you'd have a very difficult time not believing God!

You get around someone who is on fire for God? And sooner rather than later - you are going to find yourself seeking Him too.

If you wanted no part of God you would avoid the person who is on fire for God knowing that eventually you are going to become a believer. The devil would do his best to influence you away from listening to those who have are abiding in Christ. He doesn't want people to believe in God. He does not want you to believe in God. He is jealous of you with a perfect hatred because you were created in the image of God - a trichotomy -spirit, soul and body and though your body will one day go into the ground and return to dust your spirit and soul will live eternally in one of two places. Heaven or hell. Of course he does not want you to know about these things either. He would prefer that you held fast to the idea that God did not exist. But God does exist and He loves you so much that He sent His Son to die on a cross, shedding his blood for the remission of your sins. If you would like to know more please look at the thread spirit, soul and body and watch the video which explains Gods plan of redemption for you and also who Jesus is! Jesus is God! God loves you, Sealybobo. It is all good news. I hope we have the opportunity to speak soon. God willing, we will. Good night. - Jeri

As a layman, I found the behavior of the exorcists at least as interesting as that of the subject. Believing in demons is one thing; believing you have the ability to call up a supernatural being with infinite power who will cause demons to move on at your behest is certifiable. The people performing the exorcism clearly felt great pride at their achievement and shared in a glorious victory over Satan. The person possessed was coddled, cuddled, hugged, loved and eventually praised and rewarded with the good feelings of caring people when he released Satan and said "Jesus is Lord." There doesn't seem to be anything deeply complicated about what happened. The group convinced the subject he was possessed. They cued him as to how to behave and they rewarded him and themselves when he let the demon go. Communal reinforcement and self-deception will go a long way toward explaining how the group came to believe they could exorcize demons.

Belief in spirit possession flourishes in times and places where there is ignorance about mental states. Citing biblical examples, the medieval Church taught that demons were able to take control of an individual, and by the sixteenth century demonic behavior had become relatively stereotypical. It manifested itself by convulsions, prodigious strength, insensitivity to pain, temporary blindness or deafness, clairvoyance, and other abnormal characteristics. Some early notions of possession may have been fomented by three brain disorders: epilepsy, migraine, and Tourette’s syndrome

Forum List

Back