Casting out Demons in the Name of Jesus

Thanks for your response Sealybobo. I believe if you watch the video and listen to what happened you will understand that this was not a matter of personal revelation but rather an open display of the delivering power of Jesus Christ - a girl who was demon possessed with physical marks in her body from demonic attacks - who had demons speaking through her pronouncing death on a doctor - who subsequently died and this also was documented - a city in fear of who would be next to die - a mayor distraught over something he had no apparent control of - and one hundred eye witnesses who looked on as the principality possessing her cursed God, Jesus. Also the demon cursed Sumrall, accused him of being a bastard ( child born out of wedlock ) to which he replied I am the sixth child of my parents - that is a lie too - the casting out of the demon in front of those same one hundred witnesses - the girl being returned to her right mind perfectly normal - the people who witnessed the miracle - which led to the headlines of a newspaper in the city of Manila declaring the girl being delivered of the devil. Even declaring the devil is dead! Ha! Ha! I believe in their exhuberance they got a bit over zealous in their news report?

Still she was miraculously delivered of the demon which was physically attacking her and others - even death of the doctor - so in that it was a bonafide case of Gods delivering power trumping Satans strongest principality which held the girl in bondage. Do you see the difference?

Now let us consider if I had a personal revelation from Christ about faith. How could I impart that into you? By telling you about it. It may not happen immediately but given time - if you continue to listen to the scriptures that support the revelation on faith I myself have received I believe it would be imparted into you as well. Then you would believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. That is how faith is. Then as we continued to share scriptures, songs, hymns, speak about Jesus your faith would grow stronger and stronger and stronger until you'd have a very difficult time not believing God!

You get around someone who is on fire for God? And sooner rather than later - you are going to find yourself seeking Him too.

If you wanted no part of God you would avoid the person who is on fire for God knowing that eventually you are going to become a believer. The devil would do his best to influence you away from listening to those who have are abiding in Christ. He doesn't want people to believe in God. He does not want you to believe in God. He is jealous of you with a perfect hatred because you were created in the image of God - a trichotomy -spirit, soul and body and though your body will one day go into the ground and return to dust your spirit and soul will live eternally in one of two places. Heaven or hell. Of course he does not want you to know about these things either. He would prefer that you held fast to the idea that God did not exist. But God does exist and He loves you so much that He sent His Son to die on a cross, shedding his blood for the remission of your sins. If you would like to know more please look at the thread spirit, soul and body and watch the video which explains Gods plan of redemption for you and also who Jesus is! Jesus is God! God loves you, Sealybobo. It is all good news. I hope we have the opportunity to speak soon. God willing, we will. Good night. - Jeri

As a layman, I found the behavior of the exorcists at least as interesting as that of the subject. Believing in demons is one thing; believing you have the ability to call up a supernatural being with infinite power who will cause demons to move on at your behest is certifiable. The people performing the exorcism clearly felt great pride at their achievement and shared in a glorious victory over Satan. The person possessed was coddled, cuddled, hugged, loved and eventually praised and rewarded with the good feelings of caring people when he released Satan and said "Jesus is Lord." There doesn't seem to be anything deeply complicated about what happened. The group convinced the subject he was possessed. They cued him as to how to behave and they rewarded him and themselves when he let the demon go. Communal reinforcement and self-deception will go a long way toward explaining how the group came to believe they could exorcize demons.

Its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Psychiatric historians have long attributed demonic manifestations to such aberrant mental conditions as schizophrenia and hysteria, noting that-as mental illness began to be recognized as such after the seventeenth century-there was a consequent decline in demonic superstitions

possession was sometimes feigned by nuns to act out sexual frustrations, protest restrictions, escape unpleasant duties, attract attention and sympathy

Possession can be childishly simple to fake. For example, an exorcism broadcast by ABC’s 20/20 in 1991 featured a sixteen-year-old girl who, her family claimed, was possessed by ten separate demonic entities. However, to skeptics her alleged possession seemed to be indistinguishable from poor acting. She even stole glances at the camera before affecting convulsions and other "demonic” behavior

Belief in spirit possession flourishes in times and places where there is ignorance about mental states. Citing biblical examples, the medieval Church taught that demons were able to take control of an individual, and by the sixteenth century demonic behavior had become relatively stereotypical. It manifested itself by convulsions, prodigious strength, insensitivity to pain, temporary blindness or deafness, clairvoyance, and other abnormal characteristics. Some early notions of possession may have been fomented by three brain disorders: epilepsy, migraine, and Tourette’s syndrome

Paul converted by epileptic fit

St Paul converted by epileptic fit, suggests BBC - Telegraph

Cultural Ramifications of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy

Auditory hallucinations of divine voices, visions of divine figures, and physical collapse are all common elements of TLE, and they are especially common in documented cases of sudden religious conversion in people with temporal lobe epilepsy. In 2 Corinthians 12, Paul described another experience, in which he was "caught up to paradise and heard sacred secrets which no human lips can repeat." He also claimed that he was "given a thorn in the flesh, an angel of Satan to rack me" to prevent him from becoming too prideful about his "wealth of visions." This story gives two important indications that Paul might have suffered from TLE: there is confirmation that he had recurring, if not frequent visions, and he had an awareness or perception of some illness in himself.

In the case broadcast by 20/20, the teenage girl did exhibit "speaking in tongues”, but it was unimpressive; she merely chanted: “Sanka dali. Booga, booga.” She did struggle against the restraining clerics, one of whom claimed that, had she not been held down, she would have been levitating! At that point a group of magicians, psychologists, and other skeptics with whom I was watching the video gleefully encouraged, “Let her go! Let her go!”

Belief in spirit possession flourishes in times and places where there is ignorance about mental states. Citing biblical examples, the medieval Church taught that demons were able to take control of an individual, and by the sixteenth century demonic behavior had become relatively stereotypical. It manifested itself by convulsions, prodigious strength, insensitivity to pain, temporary blindness or deafness, clairvoyance, and other abnormal characteristics. Some early notions of possession may have been fomented by three brain disorders: epilepsy, migraine, and Tourette’s syndrome

Auditory hallucinations of divine voices, visions of divine figures, and physical collapse are all common elements of TLE, and they are especially common in documented cases of sudden religious conversion in people with temporal lobe epilepsy. In 2 Corinthians 12, Paul described another experience, in which he was "caught up to paradise and heard sacred secrets which no human lips can repeat." He also claimed that he was "given a thorn in the flesh, an angel of Satan to rack me" to prevent him from becoming too prideful about his "wealth of visions." This story gives two important indications that Paul might have suffered from TLE: there is confirmation that he had recurring, if not frequent visions, and he had an awareness or perception of some illness in himself.

True. And after watching the original movie the Exorcism, Some moviegoers vomited or fainted, while others left trembling, and there were “so many outbreaks of hysteria that, at some theaters, nurses and ambulances were on call.” Indeed, “Many sought therapy to rid themselves of fears they could not explain.

It is like a child being scared of what might be in the closet. I'm not a child anymore nor am I gullible so no matter how much I try to scare myself in the dark, I just can't get scared like I could when I was a child. Unfortunately not all adults are like me.

Response to Irish Ram -

I certainly hope you and I will remain friends. I believe there has been a serious misunderstanding here, Irish Ram. First, I apologise to you that you felt in my confronting error of doctrine on my threads was anything related to you personally. If you will review my threads and posts on this board and specificly the religion thread you'll find that is true.

It is scriptural to point out false teachers by what they teach -because they do it publicly before millions of people - from behind their pulpits and with their books, teaching tapes, etc. No one on this board is selling books on New Age nor on television so nothing I've said was about them personally. I have had discussions with many different people on this board - I address what has been spoken and if it is new age I say so, if it is a Jehovah Witness doctrine not found in the bible I address that but you will always find I am very polite to the individual and that includes you. If you feel I was not polite to you at any time I wish you had told me as just a week or two ago you were defending me on the thread I fear the LORD, Israel and if you will recall it was myself that came under attack for not believing rock and roll belonged in the church, Irish Ram. ( again this is my belief and if others wish to do it - that is their decision )

Anyone who doubts my behavior towards others on this board can review the history of my threads and posts here concerning my speaking to Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, New Agers and Muslims.

The only persons I was ever rude to were Muslims and I apologised for that a very long time ago. Love is not rude. I do my very best to never be rude to anyone, Irish Ram.

You obviously feel offended and for that I apologise to you, because your feelings matter to me. Whatever it was that led to your feeling this way I profusely apologise for as I would never want to harm you. I would never intentionally - knowingly cause you any distress or harm by my words - I would not ever desire to do that to someone!

Why would I call you a Christian sister if you were not my Christian sister? Do you think I would call you a sister still? I assure you I would never! If I didn't believe you were a Christian Sister who was heaven bound and believed the Doctrine of Christ I would not consider you a sister in Christ.

Let me say this to you -

I make it a rule not to ever vindicate myself as I get accused of many things I am not guilty of and have always let God vindicate me.

But in this matter I feel for the sake of unity with my sister in Christ - which YOU ARE, that I had to address this. I did not do it right away because I wanted to give you some time to clear your mind and realize that Satan is the one who desires to bring division among the brethren. Not God.

God desires that His children to always walk in love towards one another. I believe in unity in the body of Christ and I do consider you my sister in Christ. If you should ever feel that anything I have written is a personal attack against you or that anything I have said is a false teaching not found in the bible please let me know at once. I care about you as my sister in Christ and believe you feel the same towards me as your sister in Christ - I would expect you to let me know at once. With Love in Christ, Jeri

Guno, where people come up with these things I will never know but I can assure you the apostle Paul was not having any epileptic fits! Do not believe everything you read! The question of what was Pauls' thorn in the flesh has been of great interest to people through the ages. I do not know why. But it has!
- Jeri

In the case broadcast by 20/20, the teenage girl did exhibit "speaking in tongues”, but it was unimpressive; she merely chanted: “Sanka dali. Booga, booga.” She did struggle against the restraining clerics, one of whom claimed that, had she not been held down, she would have been levitating! At that point a group of magicians, psychologists, and other skeptics with whom I was watching the video gleefully encouraged, “Let her go! Let her go!”

Satan speaks in tongues and so do his followers. That would be of no big surprise for her to do such a thing. Satan counterfeits every work of God in the hopes of deceiving as many as possible. This is why it is is very dangerous to have an altar call with people laying hands on others left and right and no one knows who is who. I find the practice dangerous. Let no man lay hands on you "suddenly". That is how a transference of spirits can take place. You never know who is visiting your church unless the Holy Spirit would point it out to you. If you are visiting a church the same rules apply. imo.

True. And after watching the original movie the Exorcism, Some moviegoers vomited or fainted, while others left trembling, and there were “so many outbreaks of hysteria that, at some theaters, nurses and ambulances were on call.” Indeed, “Many sought therapy to rid themselves of fears they could not explain.

It is like a child being scared of what might be in the closet. I'm not a child anymore nor am I gullible so no matter how much I try to scare myself in the dark, I just can't get scared like I could when I was a child. Unfortunately not all adults are like me.

The story of the excorcist was a true story about a boy who had become demon possessed. It again gives the evidence of what the man in the thread - Testimony of an Ex-Satanist was speaking of. That unless a minister is out of sin - living holy unto God - or a brother or sister who is going to cast out a demon - bad things can happen.. In the story of the boy who was delivered of demonic possession - I believe one priest did die. they finally realized they were going to have to find someone who believed the Word of God and the authority of the Word of God and the boy was delivered. Lester Sumrall was a man who knew the authority of God's Word and used it. Another spiritual giant in the body of Christ was a man named Benson Idahosa. I remember a story about a beach on the continent of Africa - which perhaps hundreds of witches, witch doctors came down there to attack him and when he showed up and prayed they all fled in terror. I wish I could recall the details of that story.

I met him through his visiting a church I used to attend decades ago. He lived on the continent of Africa. I remember going to church three hours early one time to see him and when the people started arriving and church finally commensed he was not able to attend the service! I was so disappointed! When he prayed heaven moved. The atmosphere in a room would change when he was there. What an anointing!

This is a testimony from Dr. Lester Sumrall about a girl who was cursing the people of her city in the Philipines with dead - the Mayor was frantic, the people in the city were frantic, when he came to cast the demon out of her that was holding her captive - over 100 people including authorities stood by to witness it. They celebrated the girls deliverance with a news paper headline the devil is dead! Of course this was an over dramatizing of what had been done as the devil is not dead but the demon possessing this girl - a prince in this particular case - was cast out and she became completely normal afterwards. * Her mother had been involved in the occult.

The mayor of the city thanked Sumrall personally for her deliverance! What a story! Listen to this!

Dr. Lester Sumrall Cast The Devil Out In Philippines! - YouTube

Lot more than 100 have claimed to see Bigfoot, the LOch Ness Monster, and fairies. Doesn't mean those are real.

Accidents are invisible too. Do you know what the cause is?

I didn't think.
I didn't see.
I didn't know.

I was in traffic court some years ago and the judge told the defendant, "You learn something new every day."

So, presents under the tree on xmas morning proves Santa Claus is real.

And since everyone in the world views Philipine peasants as science experts, demons must exist. What else could it be? :)

I don't know, Delta. What do you believe would be the motive of someone not wanting others to believe that demons exist? The Mayor and government officials, police of Manila, Philipines who believe that demons exist and saw the deliverance of the girl would take offense to someone suggesting they are peasants. I do find it insulting to suggest such a thing about others when it isn't true.

As there were 100 persons granted attendance to witness the girl being delivered would you think it possible that there were perhaps a few science experts in the room? What happens to a sceptic when they witness such a miracle? I would think it would lead to their conversion but if it did not I doubt they would want it discussed publicly. It could harm their own agenda of keeping others in the dark.

This is a testimony from Dr. Lester Sumrall about a girl who was cursing the people of her city in the Philipines with dead - the Mayor was frantic, the people in the city were frantic, when he came to cast the demon out of her that was holding her captive - over 100 people including authorities stood by to witness it. They celebrated the girls deliverance with a news paper headline the devil is dead! Of course this was an over dramatizing of what had been done as the devil is not dead but the demon possessing this girl - a prince in this particular case - was cast out and she became completely normal afterwards. * Her mother had been involved in the occult.

The mayor of the city thanked Sumrall personally for her deliverance! What a story! Listen to this!

Dr. Lester Sumrall Cast The Devil Out In Philippines! - YouTube

Lot more than 100 have claimed to see Bigfoot, the LOch Ness Monster, and fairies. Doesn't mean those are real.

Not at one time in a setting where it could be watched continually and examined as it unfolded they didn't. On the matter of Bigfoot, Loch Ness and other stories you have a person, a blurry photo, a homemade video - nothing of this caliber - in fact - the two cannot even be compared, Delta. This was verified by the Mayor of the city, authorities in Manila who were eyewitnesses - 100 hundred people all watching the exact same thing. Quite different in that it is irrefutable evidence that demons, principalities exist and that the born again Christian believer has the power to cast it out. Sumrall was able to cast it out by merit of his being a born again believer. Not the fact that he was in Ministry or a Missionary but by fact of his being a born again Believer. He is evidence that Mark 16 is the signs that follow a believer. This is the "normal Christian life". A wonderful story and I'm glad so many showed up to see the video. It really changes the atmosphere to have the truth out in the open. Doesn't it?

I can teach how to invoke or evoke demons :) Let it be known who is interested and perhaps I will share what I have learned.

Last edited:
In this story you will see that even a small child doing warfare against demons in the man who kidnapped him led to his release! What did he do? He praised the Lord in song! Praise is a weapon of our warfare. When Jehosophat went into battle the LORD had him put the worshipers out front. Then at the specific time the LORD ambushed their enemies and gave them the victory. It is a good thing to keep in mind. The Battle is the LORDS! Amen? Amen!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...ngs-praise-song-until-abductor-frees-him.html

NJ
The entire city apparently knew of it including government officials and the Mayor of the city. Not to mention that Sumrall gave the testimony of what happened on television before millions and millions of people. Why didn't anyone in the Philipines dispute his testimony? Why did the Mayor publicly commend him and visit his church in Manila rather than accuse him of falsely using his name? I'll tell you why. Because it really happened. I find it fascinating that the very same people who openly boast of dabbling in the occult will then deny that demons exist! ha! ha! Oh, the irony of it all is just too much. I cannot help but laugh, Delta. You've outdone yourself this time. Thanks for the amusing reply!

Why there is no god

Personal revelation cannot be independently verified. So-called ‘revelations’ never include information a recipient could not have known beforehand, such as the time and location of a rare event or answers to any number of unsolved problems in science. They are usually emotional or perceptual in content and therefore unremarkable among the many cognitive processes brains exhibit, including dreams and hallucinations. These experiences may even be artificially induced by narcotics or magnetic fields. Extreme cases may be diagnosed as a form of schizophrenia or psychosis.

Spiritual and religious experiences are not only inconsistent among individuals but are variably attributed to different gods, aliens, spirits, rituals, hallucinations, meditation etc. The fact that medical conditions and other natural processes can induce these experiences is evidence they are produced by our brain.

and

Divine intervention claims most often concern systems and events for which we have poor predictive capabilities, for example, weather, sports, health and social/economic interactions. Such claims are rarely made in relation to those things we can accurately predict and test e.g. the motion of celestial bodies, boiling point of water and pull of gravity. If a god is constantly intervening in the universe it supposedly created, then it is with such ambiguity as to appear completely indistinguishable from normal background chance.

Hahaha hahahah thanks for the laugh.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back