Was government correct in closing down many activities during COVID

Research is, and has been going on for this for many years. My Son in Law, a Phd in Nano Technology, was working on this 15 years ago.
Thank him for me.

Research into mRNA vaccines has been going on a long time, contrary to what anti-vaxxers claim.

In fact, this research may lead to cures for all kinds of viruses. There's an experimental HIV vaccine right now which has proven to be 100 percent effective in women. The next phase of the trials will be on men.

It has the same morbidity as the influence epidemic of 1918 and killed over a million Americans.

Everyone knows someone who was killed by Covid.

My daughter worked in a nursing home. We living in a Trump bastion, and visiting family members would mock Covid, some even denied it existed, and like you said it was just a cold. They brought the virus in and it went like a scythe through the nursing home, killing a large proportion of the residents.

You see, fools like you who blow it off don't realize how your ignorance affects others.

My daughter was accosted at our grocery store by some Trumptard because she was wearing a mask to prevent carrying Covid back to the nursing home.

That's how unbelievably stupid people are.

I told her next time to tell the retard she was wearing a mask to prevent the Jewish Space Laser from recognizing her.

Because you're retarded.

Unless you are a fan of fascism the answer is no. Government didn't have the authority under the Constitution to enact most of the harsh Covid regulations. An E.O. by NY gov. Cuomo might have been responsible for thousands of nursing home deaths. As always, anything is possible if the media goes along with it and the media could be counted on to go along with any fascist order from the Biden/Fauci team or a democrat governor.

Authoritarianism over people
If you don't mind a hypothetical...

Do you think it was authoritarianism because it ended up not being as bad as feared or is their no justification for quarantine/masking etc under any circumstances...like let's say highly contagious and 10 percent death rate?

Was government correct in closing down many activities during COVID.

It depends if your focus is lives or money

Research suggests that the adoption of lockdowns in the initial COVID surge helped contain transmission and deaths, albeit at high economic and social costs.

I support saving lives. Lives do not come back, the economy does.

We had much more restrictive lockdowns in Canada, and we had 1/3 of the death and disease of the USA. No one played politics with the pandemic, and even though Conservatives hold 7 of our 10 provinces, and the Liberals have a minority federal government, all politicking ceased until the pandemic ended.

Furthermore, or economic costs were substantially less than the USA. Our economy never crashed. Fewer people getting sick or tested, meant lower costs. Fewer deaths meant fewer displaced families. Our hospitals were never overwhelmed. There were no refrigerator trucks for overflow morgues. We were 80% vaccinated in September.

There is no Rupert Murdoch owned media in Canada, to poison people against their own government.

Research suggests that the adoption of lockdowns in the initial COVID surge helped contain transmission and deaths, albeit at high economic and social costs.

What a total and complete crock of fucking bullshit the entire OP is. A "Flame Thread" if ever one existed

Total piece of shit. Assuming made-up facts, refusing to look at real-world outcomes..... pathetic dimocrap scumbag. If ever the bullshit moderators on this board should wipe a thread just for being fucking stupid...... Not just 'stupid' -- FUCKING stupid, this is it. What a pile of shit. God damn embarrassing. No wonder I took 5 years off from here. It's like this place was created to cater to complete fucking idiots that spend their entire lives on computers and only know what they learn from leftists on TV.

We, in Florida didn't shut down anything. The DISGUSTING FILTH in the Marxist Media bowed to their sponsors in the dimocrap scum party and started calling our exalted Governor "DeathSantis" and we came out of the Kung Flu better than ANY other State. By Far. Not even close.

Sweden did absolutely nothing and they suffered no more bad effects than any other Country.

Here's a question? Do you suck more, or fewer, dicks than you did before the Pandemic??

What does your fucking research say about that??

Forum List

Back