Was government correct in closing down many activities during COVID

What a total and complete crock of fucking bullshit the entire OP is. A "Flame Thread" if ever one existed

Total piece of shit. Assuming made-up facts, refusing to look at real-world outcomes..... pathetic dimocrap scumbag. If ever the bullshit moderators on this board should wipe a thread just for being fucking stupid...... Not just 'stupid' -- FUCKING stupid, this is it. What a pile of shit. God damn embarrassing. No wonder I took 5 years off from here. It's like this place was created to cater to complete fucking idiots that spend their entire lives on computers and only know what they learn from leftists on TV.

We, in Florida didn't shut down anything. The DISGUSTING FILTH in the Marxist Media bowed to their sponsors in the dimocrap scum party and started calling our exalted Governor "DeathSantis" and we came out of the Kung Flu better than ANY other State. By Far. Not even close.

Sweden did absolutely nothing and they suffered no more bad effects than any other Country.

Here's a question? Do you suck more, or fewer, dicks than you did before the Pandemic??

What does your fucking research say about that??
Settle down, dude. I asked a question and provided information of restrictions and not restrictions when it came to COVID.

You are looking for something to piss you off. You are too lazy to look at both sides. You are a perfect subject for Trump to con. Wise up before it is too late

Was government correct in closing down many activities during COVID.

It depends if your focus is lives or money

Research suggests that the adoption of lockdowns in the initial COVID surge helped contain transmission and deaths, albeit at high economic and social costs.

I support saving lives. Lives do not come back, the economy does.

No

We never should have shut down. We went full retard.

My kids had to wear masks while playing sports. How stupid is that?!

And considering you only have about an eighth of our population that doesn't sound like you fared too well, did you.

You have 15% of the world's deaths in 3% of the world's population.

You've had over 100 million cases of covid. 333,000 cases per million of population. That's 1/3 of your population. You've had 3642 deaths per million of population.

Canada had fewer than 5 million cases on 38 million population. That's 128,000 cases per million of population. We had 1528 deaths per million of population. Our numbers wouldn't have been anywhere near that high if we hadn't let so many people come back from the US without testing them. We had fewer than 200 cases nationwide, until we called the snowbirds home in April. Went from 200 cases to 2000 cases almost overnight.

The numbers I quoted are all proportional. But like the USA, 80% of Canadians live in urban areas. Your method failed to save lives or save money.

I didn't mask, i didn't social distance, i went down the grocery isle the wrong way, but the best fun i had was faking a cough in line...... :dev3: ~S~

How old are you? 8???? You sound like a petulant asshole, but I gather that's what you're going for.

The immaturity of Cultists is pathetic. Your idea of fun, is to be an asshole to everyone around you. Doesn't say much for you.

Settle down, dude. I asked a question and provided information of restrictions and not restrictions when it came to COVID.

You are looking for something to piss you off. You are too lazy to look at both sides. You are a perfect subject for Trump to con. Wise up before it is too late
The discussion is over, half-wit. Has been for two years. That you don't know that is very telling.

You're just another no-nothing dilettante with a phony, bullshit education and no real-life experiences. We both know it.

COVID was handled completely wrong, even by Trump but much, much more-so by dimocrap scum. dimocrap scum governors in several States forced..... FORCED Kung Flu-infected people into State-Run Medicaid and Medicare facilities -- MURDERING thousands of innocent seniors. You can find it but you'll have to look for it. The sources are unimpeachable but the DISGUSTING FILTH buried them.

For you to even ask shows how incredibly uninformed you are.

Had a friend in The Peoples Republic of Taxachussetts that had dementia and had to be put in a Nursing Home.

The dimocrap SCUM Governor, wanted to allow COVID-Infected people into all the nursing homes up there -- And the murdering douchebag did. Thousands died. You don't about it because, well, frankly -- Like all dims, you're stupid. And willfully uninformed.

Anyway, his wife got him transferred to Veterans Administration facility and saved his life. They estimated that dimocrap FILTH governors MURDERED 30,000 Seniors. Minimum.

Again, that you are unaware of it just proves, again, how stupid and uninformed dimocrao scum like you are.

That you even ask is enough to send many of us into a rage. Thirty thousand dead, unnecessarily, and dimocrap scum STILL won't admit they were wrong. Cuomo won't. Keeps making excuses when he's questioned about it. Blames the CDC, the Feds and the Bogey Man.

Trump, set up hundreds, maybe thousands of Hospital Wards, complete with incubators and the whole deal in New Yawk Shitty. He even sent a United States Navy Hospital Ship to New Yawk Harbor.

Mary Barra, the totally woke POS Head of Generic Motors gave Trump a bunch of shit while the other Companies, especially Ford, jumped in and started making incubators by the truck-load. GM is a shit company anyway. Always has been. Not opinion, either. Just is.

But rather than give OMB One day (1 day) of good press, the scumbag dimocrap FILTH in New Yawk Shitty refused to use all those facilities. Not one bed was used.

Instead, Cuomo, who should be executed, sent the Kung Flu Infected people into Nursing Homes with people who were NOT infected. Thousands died. Horribly.

Just to score political points.

So don't tell me to 'settle down' scumbag. You should go talk to the relatives of some of the people murdered by your dimocrap scum pals.

It is amazing to me how people with ZERO knowledge on a topic will debate it like they're experts.

You're just another dimocrap useful idiot

We had much more restrictive lockdowns in Canada, and we had 1/3 of the death and disease of the USA. No one played politics with the pandemic, and even though Conservatives hold 7 of our 10 provinces, and the Liberals have a minority federal government, all politicking ceased until the pandemic ended.

Furthermore, or economic costs were substantially less than the USA. Our economy never crashed. Fewer people getting sick or tested, meant lower costs. Fewer deaths meant fewer displaced families. Our hospitals were never overwhelmed. There were no refrigerator trucks for overflow morgues. We were 80% vaccinated in September.

There is no Rupert Murdoch owned media in Canada, to poison people against their own government.
Apparently you are full of shit

No you are a total liar

I didn't mask, i didn't social distance, i went down the grocery isle the wrong way, but the best fun i had was faking a cough in line...... :dev3: ~S~
I used to love seeing the idiots driving their cars with masks on. They almost invariably had a Biden/Harris sticker on it.

Stupidus in Uno, Stupido in Omnibus

Apparently you are full of shit

No you are a total liar
dimocrap scum lie. Period. Even when they don't have to -- They still lie. They are diseased.

It also matters, a lot, how Covid deaths are counted. My neighbor's dad was killed in a car wreck but because he had COVID in his system, he was a labeled a COVID death.

I don't call them scum just to be provocative. I don't need that bullshit in my life. I call dimocraps scum because -- They ARE scum. EVERY.LAST.ONE.OF.THEM. I shit you not. All of them are scumbags

You killed more than you saved.
Yes.
Here we see more stupidity. We had an airborne virus nobody could see. Therefore a lockdown was necessary in order to reduce the numbers of deaths. Now if we had a functioning president, we could have created enough masks and ventilators to perhaps have opened up earlier with te ability to mitigate. But even masks were resisted by the idiots such as you.

So you talk bad about quarantining, yet if there had been no lockdown, the economy would have been stopped by the large number of people who would have gotten ill.
It's a fucking COLD. You're free to hide under tour bed and bathe in Clorox-stop demanding everyone participate in your cosplay.
Over what time frame ?

3 years ?

That is a 12% increase. Hard to know how that even might make it statistically given the number of flue deaths we DIDN'T have.
All deaths were "covid" deaths, including murders, car crashes, and 80-year-old cancer patients in hospice care.
That viruus did not have a 99.7 percent survival rate. It was a new virus that had no cure when it first hit. So the lockdown was a good idea.
No, it was closer to 99.95%.
It depends on how you measure what was a good response. If it is about lives, it was a good response.
No.
Stupd people find highly intelligent people, like me, as stupid.
You may not be stupid. You may just be evil.
The problem is, if it was about lives, it was a horrible response.

More lives have been lost, and more lives have been permanently harmed, by the policy.
Yes. I know eight people DEAD from the shutdown.
Teens suicide rates skyrocketed. But we saved some elderly and obese.

I don’t call that a good trade off.
Not just teens. My early-50s neighbor checked out October 2020, due to complete financial ruin.

You have 15% of the world's deaths in 3% of the world's population.

You've had over 100 million cases of covid. 333,000 cases per million of population. That's 1/3 of your population. You've had 3642 deaths per million of population.

Canada had fewer than 5 million cases on 38 million population. That's 128,000 cases per million of population. We had 1528 deaths per million of population. Our numbers wouldn't have been anywhere near that high if we hadn't let so many people come back from the US without testing them. We had fewer than 200 cases nationwide, until we called the snowbirds home in April. Went from 200 cases to 2000 cases almost overnight.

The numbers I quoted are all proportional. But like the USA, 80% of Canadians live in urban areas. Your method failed to save lives or save money.

You're the one who said you had 1/3 of our casualties despite being only 1/8 of our population. That's your math, Archimedes.

Research suggests that the adoption of lockdowns in the initial COVID surge helped contain transmission and deaths, albeit at high economic and social costs.

NO.

"I take no responsibility."

"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

“I had an uncle who went to MIT who is a top professor. Dr. John Trump. A genius. It’s in my blood. I’m smart.”
Yeah, that's almost as stupid as using poison flowers for heart attacks, poison gas to treat cancer, or rat poison to treat blood clots.

Wait-all that is actually done and works.
No, I am the smartest person you have ever communicated with. Take notes.
That's great.

Now finish your stewed prunes, it's time to change your Depends and put you to bed.
It has the same morbidity as the influence epidemic of 1918 and killed over a million Americans.

Everyone knows someone who was killed by Covid.

My daughter worked in a nursing home. We living in a Trump bastion, and visiting family members would mock Covid, some even denied it existed, and like you said it was just a cold. They brought the virus in and it went like a scythe through the nursing home, killing a large proportion of the residents.

You see, fools like you who blow it off don't realize how your ignorance affects others.

My daughter was accosted at our grocery store by some Trumptard because she was wearing a mask to prevent carrying Covid back to the nursing home.

That's how unbelievably stupid people are.

I told her next time to tell the retard she was wearing a mask to prevent the Jewish Space Laser from recognizing her.
Masks are useless. Claiming otherwise is an out and out lie. It's simply a religious act now for the Branch Covidians.

To be honest, I know several
I know of one death from covid...he was in his 80s and had COPD.
Using a lockdown to battle covid is like using a lockdown to control the common cold.
It was never about covid.

From what I personally saw....

There were those who didn't mask, didn't quarantine, and didn't vax.
They really did not gain anything but whined incessantly about the rest of the world. Some got sick and died. Some were superspreaders along the way and killed people because they continued with their behaviors.

Then there were those who got double and tripled vaccinated....hid in their homes constantly....and went crazy.

Then there were those who half assed wore masks publicly in order to take advantage of the license to mask for nefarious activities....complete predators.

People were definitely peopling.

Government is never correct.

Hasn't been even once during my lifetime.

Government lies a lot.

Like about inflation. That's the current lie.

It's not government's job to save your life.

It's YOUR job.

That's why they call it Nanny state.

From what I personally saw....

There were those who didn't mask, didn't quarantine, and didn't vax.
They really did not gain anything but whined incessantly about the rest of the world. Some got sick and died. Some were superspreaders along the way and killed people because they continued with their behaviors.

Then there were those who got double and tripled vaccinated....hid in their homes constantly....and went crazy.

Then there were those who half assed wore masks publicly in order to take advantage of the license to mask for nefarious activities....complete predators.

People were definitely peopling.

You didn't see that.

Forum List

Back