Was government correct in closing down many activities during COVID

"I take no responsibility."

"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

“I had an uncle who went to MIT who is a top professor. Dr. John Trump. A genius. It’s in my blood. I’m smart.”

"And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning?"

“I had an uncle who went to MIT who is a top professor. Dr. John Trump. A genius. It’s in my blood. I’m smart.”
Research is, and has been going on for this for many years. My Son in Law, a Phd in Nano Technology, was working on this 15 years ago.

Was government correct in closing down many activities during COVID.

It depends if your focus is lives or money

Research suggests that the adoption of lockdowns in the initial COVID surge helped contain transmission and deaths, albeit at high economic and social costs.

I support saving lives. Lives do not come back, the economy does.

Moving elderly with Covid into NURSING HOMES was a great idea of Michigan's governor I really can't believe the short term memories of the people of the state who reelected that woman.

It was a cold for almost everyone.
It has the same morbidity as the influence epidemic of 1918 and killed over a million Americans.

Everyone knows someone who was killed by Covid.

My daughter worked in a nursing home. We living in a Trump bastion, and visiting family members would mock Covid, some even denied it existed, and like you said it was just a cold. They brought the virus in and it went like a scythe through the nursing home, killing a large proportion of the residents.

You see, fools like you who blow it off don't realize how your ignorance affects others.

My daughter was accosted at our grocery store by some Trumptard because she was wearing a mask to prevent carrying Covid back to the nursing home.

That's how unbelievably stupid people are.

I told her next time to tell the retard she was wearing a mask to prevent the Jewish Space Laser from recognizing her.

Research suggests that the adoption of lockdowns in the initial COVID surge helped contain transmission and deaths, albeit at high economic and social costs.

Very complex question.

In my opinion, any regions that we're running short of hospital beds should have imposed a quarantine.

A quarantine could also be justified very early on before we were sure of the veracity of COVID. Ultimately it ended up not being as bad as feared but it easily could have been. We just didn't know. Someday it will be though.

As far as most other times I can see how Dems and Repubs would see it differently.

For Democrats who largely live in a city with hundreds of thousands of people, packed into a small area, things like quarantines, masks and social distancing may seem logical and appropriate.

On the other hand, for Republicans who generally live in more rural areas with not nearly so many people running around all over the place, those things probably seem dumb as shit.

I can't help but agree with both groups in that regard.

It's called brainstorming. He's willing to ask questions and listen. You only see it as an opportunity to mock.

It has the same morbidity as the influence epidemic of 1918 and killed over a million Americans.

Everyone knows someone who was killed by Covid.

My daughter worked in a nursing home. We living in a Trump bastion, and visiting family members would mock Covid, some even denied it existed, and like you said it was just a cold. They brought the virus in and it went like a scythe through the nursing home, killing a large proportion of the residents.

You see, fools like you who blow it off don't realize how your ignorance affects others.

My daughter was accosted at our grocery store by some Trumptard because she was wearing a mask to prevent carrying Covid back to the nursing home.

That's how unbelievably stupid people are.

I told her next time to tell the retard she was wearing a mask to prevent the Jewish Space Laser from recognizing her.

I don’t know a single person who died from Covid. I do know someone who died because his surgery was declared non essential.

The economy has not come back and Biden has made it worse than any time since the seventies.

The lockdowns saved no lives

My daughter was accosted at our grocery store by some Trumptard because she was wearing a mask to prevent carrying Covid back to the nursing home
And now most of us understand the mask hysteria did little to prevent the spread. Meanwhile the rest of us were relentlessly bullied by the leftist elites for almost two years

That's not completely true.

2-6% died. (Hard to tell as the numbers became so politicized nobody was issuing consistent statistics)

20% of those who caught covid but survived have experienced "long covid" symptoms.
Of those who had long covid a high percentage have not been able to return to work.
Let's see links for your made-up stats.

Very complex question.

In my opinion, any regions that we're running short of hospital beds should have imposed a quarantine.

A quarantine could also be justified very early on before we were sure of the veracity of COVID. Ultimately it ended up not being as bad as feared but it easily could have been. We just didn't know. Someday it will be though.

As far as most other times I can see how Dems and Repubs would see it differently.

For Democrats who largely live in a city with hundreds of thousands of people, packed into a small area, things like quarantines, masks and social distancing may seem logical and appropriate.

On the other hand, for Republicans who generally live in more rural areas with not nearly so many people running around all over the place, those things probably seem dumb as shit.

I can't help but agree with both groups in that regard.
I feel they need to do a thorough examination of what worked and wahat did not work to be prepared for the future.
Those making decisions were in a tough situation. They were facing a new virus never seen before and they did have any data to make decisions.
I feel the science/medical teams did as good as they could under the circumstances.

You know what the biggest fuck-up was?

Trump refusing to enact testing and contact tracing at the very beginning. He allowed the virus to run rampant and completely unimpeded. He gave the plague a MASSIVE head start.

Here's our stable genius in action: "If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.”

All that mattered to the idiot was numbers. So, hey, let's not do testing because then we will have very few cases! :banghead:

Dumbest. President. EVAH!
Nice made-up history you have there.

I feel they need to do a thorough examination of what worked and wahat did not work to be prepared for the future.
Those making decisions were in a tough situation. They were facing a new virus never seen before and they did have any data to make decisions.
I feel the science/medical teams did as good as they could under the circumstances.
Agreed.

It's much to easy to judge from a position of hindsight.

Forum List

Back