Cat Lovers Thread

tumblr_nlll77qSOv1two90zo1_400.gif

This upholstery clashes with me and the wall, gotta go!

Nothing clashes with CAT. They wear the same thing every day and always look terrific.

But, quick story - I was at the humane society early one morning and was shown a long haired female, in labor, dumped in a box at the front door. In Labor. In the box was a note, and I swear this is true, she was a "purebred pastel torty Persian', that they had just redone their house and she no longer "went with" their interior.

All of us said we just could not let this cat be put down and I said I would foster her. Took her home, she delivered a total of five kittens and after she had had some time to be calm and quiet, I took a long look at her.

She was so matted, I couldn't imagine how she had delivered her kittens. Her rear was solid shit and heavy mats. Glad I looked more closely because her teats were so matted she literally could not nurse.

That afternoon, one of us held her and the other clipped mats. We could only get enough off that she could poop and nurse and I tried to clip where the huge thick mats were pulling the worst.

A few days later, I took her back to the HS, to the spay clinic where we just waled on that poor little girl. She did really well while we shaved down one entire side but when we started on the other side, she lost it and we all ended up a little bloody.

Imagine the stress she had been though - in a cardboard box in labor, strange horrible place, car to my house, 5 kittens, mats, dirt, stink and still, she was the sweetest cat ever.

The weeks passed, I took photos of her and the kits with my grand daughters. One night, we were at a wedding reception where my step daughter had my grand daughters so I took photos with me to give to her.

The photos of my beautiful grand daughters got passed around and I told the story about the cat. One woman came to my table and asked me about adopting her. I told her she would have to go to the HS, do the paperwork, pay the fee but that she could pick the cat up at my home.

She did exactly that and for several years, I got xmas cards from that cat - photos of her, under her xmas tree.

Forum List

Back