Catholic Bishops Oppose Compromise on Birth-Control

Um, I voted for McCain. YOu didn't. So I was the only one here doing something constructive to stop Obama.

Whether he lied to the Bishops is a matter of interpretation, but the fact was, like always, the Church saw the dollars signs first, and the moral considerations second. It's why I don't take them seriously. Give them enough money, they overlook anything.

They are free to say whatever nonsense they want, but they went along with a law that gave the president the authority to designate service levels. I mean, did they really expect the government to keep its word? Maybe they needed to have a conversation with Native Americans how that normally works out.

So, how much money does the Church make from its charities?

Probably a hell of a lot.

Come on, the Catholic Church is a big money laundering operation. That's why all the Bishops live in fuckin' mansions and drive around in limos...

You know, tell you about two funerals I went to...

My brother in law and my uncle. My brother in law worked for a parish as a handyman. Did everything right. Married to my sister for 32 years. Had two kids. Sent them to Catholic School. But basically, when he died, he got the express funeral where the Man in a Dress just read his name in the blank spot.

Then my Jerkwad uncle. Pretty much did it all wrong. Walked out on my Aunt for a Trophy wife. Not to worry, though. He gave the Church a shitload of money when he was getting near shucking off the mortal coil... So he got the Platinum Funeral. I mean, the Man in a Dress almost made you think he was a worthwhile human being. Even praised the Trophey wife.

Screw the Church. Bunch of hypocrites and always have been.

In other words, you don't know. You're just making shit up... again.

The Church gets 67% of its funding from government. 67%. That's considerably less than it spends.... 33% to be exact. Wanna guess where that 33% comes from? Catholics.

If it wasn't for our generosity, those people you profess to care about... they would suffer.

idiot.

CG you may as well give it up. Joe won't tell you the truth.

Fact is he simply hates the church. maybe he had been one of those abused children or something i don't know. But it is obvious that no matter what facts he is given the church will always be wrong in his little mind.........

Fact is he simply hates the church. maybe he had been one of those abused children or something i don't know. But it is obvious that no matter what facts he is given the church will always be wrong in his little mind.........

You're right, as you often are, Ollie. There is rarely anything to be gained by using rational discussion with the irrational.

Come on, the Catholic Church is a big money laundering operation. That's why all the Bishops live in fuckin' mansions and drive around in limos...

The Church gets 67% of its funding from government. 67%. That's considerably less than it spends.... 33% to be exact. Wanna guess where that 33% comes from? Catholics.

If it wasn't for our generosity, those people you profess to care about... they would suffer.

idiot.

Ummm, I'm not sure if you meant to say what you said here... are you saying that the Church gets 67% of its funding from government? That would seem to me that if that is the case (which it shouldn't be) that the Church really doesn't have much to complain about. If they are getting 67% of their funding from Government, they should sit down and shut up..

Did you mean the CHurch or just Church Charities here?

I'm sure the chruch is very good at extorting money from people like my asshole uncle with the promise of eternal life and ignoring past sins for money. Really doesn't make it right, or give it the right to impose it's whacky morality on people who didn't sign up for that sort of thing.

In the middle ages, they called that selling indulgences, and it was one of the major causes of the Protestant Reformation.

It is truly awesome to see how President Obama trapped the GOP into taking ridiculously radical positions on

birth control, of all things,

something that has been a non-issue among normal Americans for decades.

Political genius.

Um, I voted for McCain. YOu didn't. So I was the only one here doing something constructive to stop Obama.

Whether he lied to the Bishops is a matter of interpretation, but the fact was, like always, the Church saw the dollars signs first, and the moral considerations second. It's why I don't take them seriously. Give them enough money, they overlook anything.

They are free to say whatever nonsense they want, but they went along with a law that gave the president the authority to designate service levels. I mean, did they really expect the government to keep its word? Maybe they needed to have a conversation with Native Americans how that normally works out.

You know, tell you about two funerals I went to...

My brother in law and my uncle. My brother in law worked for a parish as a handyman. Did everything right. Married to my sister for 32 years. Had two kids. Sent them to Catholic School. But basically, when he died, he got the express funeral where the Man in a Dress just read his name in the blank spot.

Then my Jerkwad uncle. Pretty much did it all wrong. Walked out on my Aunt for a Trophy wife. Not to worry, though. He gave the Church a shitload of money when he was getting near shucking off the mortal coil... So he got the Platinum Funeral. I mean, the Man in a Dress almost made you think he was a worthwhile human being. Even praised the Trophey wife.

Bunch of hypocrites and always have been.

politicos do same...so?

idiot.

Ummm, I'm not sure if you meant to say what you said here... are you saying that the Church gets 67% of its funding from government? That would seem to me that if that is the case (which it shouldn't be) that the Church really doesn't have much to complain about. If they are getting 67% of their funding from Government, they should sit down and shut up..

Did you mean the CHurch or just Church Charities here?

I'm sure the chruch is very good at extorting money from people like my asshole uncle with the promise of eternal life and ignoring past sins for money. Really doesn't make it right, or give it the right to impose it's whacky morality on people who didn't sign up for that sort of thing.

In the middle ages, they called that selling indulgences, and it was one of the major causes of the Protestant Reformation.

Catholic Charities.... I tend up lump them together, because they are a core part of our religion... hence the argument of 'religious liberty'.

Stop whining about your Uncle.... I don't give a damn about your personal experiences - other than they clearly have made you an asshole.

Ohhhh, George Will told you what to say. That clears that up.

The Bishops aren't 'squirming'. They're laying out their stance... you know... freedom of speech and all that shit. Much as you might hate that... currently, we still have the right to speak freely.

And... Your messiah lied. :eek: Again. :eek:

Being a non-profit business does not put one above the law.

Do you want to guess whether or not the Red Cross has to obey labor laws when it hires employees?

Nope, I wasn't abused by the scumwad priests, because I recognized them for what they were. Frustrated deviants who thought prayer could get rid of whatever their demons were. So I was smart enough to avoid them. Also my mom worked at the School, and would have ripped their lungs out if they touched one of her kids.

But the very fact that the Church DID molest children makes them worthy of contempt, don't you think. That they hid the offenders, made the victims sign non-disclosure agreements, and so on. Seriously, do you think they should be defended?

We could also add to that, burning witches, torturing heretics, collaborating with the Nazis, starting crusades and slaughtering thousands of innocent people - some of them Christians.

The Papal legate at the Seige of Beziers- when asked "How do we tell a good Christian from a heretic?"

"Kill them all, for God knows his own!"

Can you please tell me why I shouldn't have anything but contempt for such an organization? Please. Give me a reason.

Do you want to guess whether or not the Red Cross has to obey labor laws when it hires employees?

Being a faith based charity ensure that we have 'religious liberty'. The Constitution says so.

Not having this discussion any further with you. Since you cannot refrain from personal bullshit. Got that? Good.

Now, fuck off.

Catholic Charities.... I tend up lump them together, because they are a core part of our religion... hence the argument of 'religious liberty'.

Stop whining about your Uncle.... I don't give a damn about your personal experiences - other than they clearly have made you an asshole.

You're the one who is defending an organized pedophile ring's right to deny health coverage to women who work for them.

Not whining about my Uncle. (Actually, the asshole who married my Aunt, not really an Uncle) Just pointing out the kind of hypocrisy that your "Church" engages is.

I have no use for hypocrites in general.

The following is a list of the issues raised by the Conference of Catholic Bishops on the 'birth control' mandate. It is a blog... but it is a source blog, not a media blog - it solidly represents the position of the Catholic Church.

1. The rule that created the uproar has not changed at all, but was finalized as is. Friday evening, after a day of touting meaningful changes in the mandate, HHS issued a regulation finalizing the rule first issued in August 2011, “without change.” So religious employers dedicated to serving people of other faiths are still not exempt as “religious employers.” Indeed, the rule describes them as “non-exempt.”

2. The rule leaves open the possibility that even exempt “religious employers” will be forced to cover sterilization. In its August 2011 comments, USCCB warned that the narrow “religious employer” exemption appeared to provide no relief from the sterilization mandate—only the contraception mandate—and specifically sought clarification. (We also noted that a sterilization mandate exists in only one state, Vermont.) HHS provided no clarification, so the risk remains under the unchanged final rule.

3. The new “accommodation” is not a current rule, but a promise that comes due beyond the point of public accountability. Also on Friday evening, HHS issued regulations describing the intention to develop more regulations that would apply the same mandate differently to “non-exempt, non-profit religious organizations”—the charities, schools, and hospitals that are still left out of the “religious employer” exemption. These policies will be developed over a one-year delay in enforcement, so if they turn out badly, their impact will not be felt until August 2013, well after the election.

4. Even if the promises of “accommodation” are fulfilled entirely, religious charities, schools, and hospitals will still be forced to violate their beliefs. If an employee of these second-class-citizen religious institutions wants coverage of contraception or sterilization, the objecting employer is still forced to pay for it as a part of the employer’s insurance plan. There can be no additional cost to that employee, and the coverage is not a separate policy. By process of elimination, the funds to pay for that coverage must come from the premiums of the employer and fellow employees, even those who object in conscience.

5. The “accommodation” does not even purport to help objecting insurers, for-profit religious employers, secular employers, or individuals. In its August 2011 comments, and many times since, USCCB identified all the stakeholders in the process whose religious freedom is threatened—all employers, insurers, and individuals, not just religious employers. Friday’s actions emphasize that all insurers, including self-insurers, must provide the coverage to any employee who wants it. In turn, all individuals who pay premiums have no escape from subsidizing that coverage. And only employers that are both non-profit and religious may qualify for the “accommodation.”

6. Beware of claims, especially by partisans, that the bishops are partisan. The bishops and their staff read regulations before evaluating them. The bishops did not pick this fight in an election year—others did. Bishops form their positions based on principles—here, religious liberty for all, and the life and dignity of every human person—not polls, personalities, or political parties. Bishops are duty bound to proclaim these principles, in and out of season.

USCCB Blog

you need to work harder...the media has ignored this until they simply couldn't any longer and will do their level best to ensure obama is seen as the moderating influence he simply isn't.

for example my understanding is, the 'law' became law Friday night...he didn't retract or modify it, its on the books..I am trying to check on that...

Being a faith based charity ensure that we have 'religious liberty'. The Constitution says so.

Not having this discussion any further with you. Since you cannot refrain from personal bullshit. Got that? Good.

Now, fuck off.

You lose. Charities that are run as businesses are as subject to the law as any other business.

Judge: Connecticut Red Cross Broke Labor Laws - Hartford Courant

Catholic Charities official position on labor laws, re agricultural workers:

Catholic Charities USA supports:
■Labor law, wage, and hour reforms and better enforcement of current laws protecting agricultural workers.
■Legislative reforms and improved enforcement of guestworker programs, including increased numbers of work visas, job portability, and a path to legalization for undocumented agricultural workers.
■Reforms of laws regarding child agricultural workers.

Special Populations: Farm Workers - Catholic Charities USA

the point is, Cults don't get to ignore the laws because they are cults.

David Koresh found that one out the hard way.

Meanwhile, the USCCB Lawyer tried to claim today that if he quit his job and opened a Taco Bell, he should still be allowed to deny his employees coverage if it offended his religious beliefs. So really, no leg to stand on here at all.

Why do the Amish get to ignore the law then? What makes them, among all the religions, special?

Ummm, how about, consistency? They aren't going to the government looking for big handouts like the Catholics are....

Wrong, but thanks for playing.

Shockingly, neither Bill Donohue or the U.S. CCB were satisfied. They retain "grave reservations" and remain convinced that Catholic organizations will end up having to pay for contraception indirectly. Their concern is somewhat odd, though. I mean, what contraception would they be paying for? Catholic doctrine proscribes it, so we can deduce that the (overwhelmingly Catholic) workforce covered by Catholic churches and non-profits wouldn't use it anyway.

Take a minute to finish laughing. Let me know when you're ready to continue.

ginandtacos.com » Blog Archive » DANCE! DANCE!

:D

Shockingly, neither Bill Donohue or the U.S. CCB were satisfied. They retain "grave reservations" and remain convinced that Catholic organizations will end up having to pay for contraception indirectly. Their concern is somewhat odd, though. I mean, what contraception would they be paying for? Catholic doctrine proscribes it, so we can deduce that the (overwhelmingly Catholic) workforce covered by Catholic churches and non-profits wouldn't use it anyway.

thank god you're here

joey was running out of really stupid shit to say

kudos

It is truly awesome to see how President Obama trapped the GOP into taking ridiculously radical positions on

Political genius.

Those who think about it know that it is not about Birth Control. It is about the 1st amendment. But then it's Obama so you excuse that.

thank god you're here

joey was running out of really stupid shit to say

kudos

The guy who thanked you for that post has me and Joey beat in the stupid shit dept.

Political genius.

Those who think about it know that it is not about Birth Control. It is about the 1st amendment. But then it's Obama so you excuse that.

Naw, it's about scrambling for another issue to try and whack the President with. The President being a Dem, which is the only excuse you need.

Forum List

Back