Catholic Bishops Oppose Compromise on Birth-Control

I find it amusing these Bishops were all for ObamaCare when they thought they were going to rake in tons of money, but now that they are going to have to give up on one of their silly superstitions, they are soiling their dresses.

They supported it because Obama lied to them. But don't let that fact get in the way of your rabid hatred of all things not Obama-fied.

Don't care about Obama one way or the other.

I mean, I'm happy he's making the Bishops squirm. That's always good for a laugh.

But again, as George Will pointed out yesterday, it kind of serves them right. They went along with this, and their reason was greed.

Now they are going to get something they don't want, but they really don't have a leg to stand on.

i may never recover

I always find it difficult to get over statements like that myself.

I wonder why some people feel the need to tell others they are being ignored, do they think it hurts our feelings?

No, I just don't want him wasting his time stalking me, because the guy really kind of seems like a black hole of emotional need.

Now, if he were actually adding something to the conversation, that would be something.

I find it amusing these Bishops were all for ObamaCare when they thought they were going to rake in tons of money, but now that they are going to have to give up on one of their silly superstitions, they are soiling their dresses.

They supported it because Obama lied to them. But don't let that fact get in the way of your rabid hatred of all things not Obama-fied.

Don't care about Obama one way or the other.

I mean, I'm happy he's making the Bishops squirm. That's always good for a laugh.

But again, as George Will pointed out yesterday, it kind of serves them right. They went along with this, and their reason was greed.

Now they are going to get something they don't want, but they really don't have a leg to stand on.

Ohhhh, George Will told you what to say. That clears that up.

The Bishops aren't 'squirming'. They're laying out their stance... you know... freedom of speech and all that shit. Much as you might hate that... currently, we still have the right to speak freely.

And... Your messiah lied. :eek: Again. :eek:

My name is not Guy.

The courts have ruled that religious employers who provide certain services have to apply them equally. This allows the church to not actually provide the service, or allows them to set up a copay where the employee can pay for the service themselves. States also have much broader definitions of religious institutions that are exempted from the laws. Obama, in his infinite wisdom, decided to require all employees to provide contraception, period, and narrowed the religious exemption to the point that the only places that qualified were churches, and a strong argument could be made that if a non Catholic wen to a Catholic church and asked for help to get to the nearest gas station no one would be able to answer the question legally without making the church exempt.

Please, keep proving you don't know anything, I enjoy the feeling I get when I mock you.

Yawn.

Sorry, hospitals owned by the CHurch are not "religious employers".

And as I've said, the "Fig Leaf" will just allow the insurance companies to offer the services by going around the church.

The men in dresses are going to lose this argument. ANd it will be funny when they do.

When did the government get the power to decide what is, and is not, a religion? In United States v Ballard the government tried to convict two members of a church for making claims that could not possibly be true, the court ruled that they could not even make that claim to the jury, and the dissent argued the case should not even be brought. It doesn't matter if you, me, or the entire world disagree with a religion, we do not get to say they are not one, which is why cults are legal religions in the US.

Besides, the government already carved out an exception for one religion from this requirement just because they say their religion forbids insurance at all. Members of that religion get to ignore the law even if they run a business that employs people who are not part of their religion, do not promote their beliefs as part of that business, and do business with people who are not part of their religion.

The Bishops aren't 'squirming'. They're laying out their stance... you know... freedom of speech and all that shit. Much as you might hate that... currently, we still have the right to speak freely.

Um, I voted for McCain. YOu didn't. So I was the only one here doing something constructive to stop Obama.

Whether he lied to the Bishops is a matter of interpretation, but the fact was, like always, the Church saw the dollars signs first, and the moral considerations second. It's why I don't take them seriously. Give them enough money, they overlook anything.

They are free to say whatever nonsense they want, but they went along with a law that gave the president the authority to designate service levels. I mean, did they really expect the government to keep its word? Maybe they needed to have a conversation with Native Americans how that normally works out.

I actually find it ironic, I even warned some liberal friends of mine that this would happen. I expected it to take until after the election to tell them I told you so but I underestimated Obama's arrogance.

Um, I voted for McCain. YOu didn't. So I was the only one here doing something constructive to stop Obama.

Whether he lied to the Bishops is a matter of interpretation, but the fact was, like always, the Church saw the dollars signs first, and the moral considerations second. It's why I don't take them seriously. Give them enough money, they overlook anything.

They are free to say whatever nonsense they want, but they went along with a law that gave the president the authority to designate service levels. I mean, did they really expect the government to keep its word? Maybe they needed to have a conversation with Native Americans how that normally works out.

So, how much money does the Church make from its charities?

When did the government get the power to decide what is, and is not, a religion? In United States v Ballard the government tried to convict two members of a church for making claims that could not possibly be true, the court ruled that they could not even make that claim to the jury, and the dissent argued the case should not even be brought. It doesn't matter if you, me, or the entire world disagree with a religion, we do not get to say they are not one, which is why cults are legal religions in the US.

Besides, the government already carved out an exception for one religion from this requirement just because they say their religion forbids insurance at all. Members of that religion get to ignore the law even if they run a business that employs people who are not part of their religion, do not promote their beliefs as part of that business, and do business with people who are not part of their religion.

the point is, Cults don't get to ignore the laws because they are cults.

David Koresh found that one out the hard way.

Meanwhile, the USCCB Lawyer tried to claim today that if he quit his job and opened a Taco Bell, he should still be allowed to deny his employees coverage if it offended his religious beliefs. So really, no leg to stand on here at all.

i may never recover

I wonder why some people feel the need to tell others they are being ignored, do they think it hurts our feelings?

No, I just don't want him wasting his time stalking me, because the guy really kind of seems like a black hole of emotional need.

Now, if he were actually adding something to the conversation, that would be something.

I am pretty sure del has other things to do than stalk you.

I am pretty sure del has other things to do than stalk you.

my sock drawer needs to be sorted alphabetically, for starters

Meanwhile, the USCCB Lawyer tried to claim today that if he quit his job and opened a Taco Bell, he should still be allowed to deny his employees coverage if it offended his religious beliefs. So really, no leg to stand on here at all.

Why do the Amish get to ignore the law then? What makes them, among all the religions, special?

So, how much money does the Church make from its charities?

Probably a hell of a lot.

Come on, the Catholic Church is a big money laundering operation. That's why all the Bishops live in fuckin' mansions and drive around in limos...

You know, tell you about two funerals I went to...

My brother in law and my uncle. My brother in law worked for a parish as a handyman. Did everything right. Married to my sister for 32 years. Had two kids. Sent them to Catholic School. But basically, when he died, he got the express funeral where the Man in a Dress just read his name in the blank spot.

Then my Jerkwad uncle. Pretty much did it all wrong. Walked out on my Aunt for a Trophy wife. Not to worry, though. He gave the Church a shitload of money when he was getting near shucking off the mortal coil... So he got the Platinum Funeral. I mean, the Man in a Dress almost made you think he was a worthwhile human being. Even praised the Trophey wife.

Screw the Church. Bunch of hypocrites and always have been.

Why do the Amish get to ignore the law then? What makes them, among all the religions, special?

Ummm, how about, consistency? They aren't going to the government looking for big handouts like the Catholics are....

Forum List

Back