CCW shouldn't just be a right, it should be a duty of every citizen

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
If every citizen without a criminal records were armed, the streets would be a lot safer.

Isn't it true that crime is highest in cities with the strictest laws against gun possession?

I think so.

I live in Nevada where open carry is allowed without a permit.

I saw a man with a holstered pistol and I did not fear him. Why should I?

If every citizen without a criminal records were armed, the streets would be a lot safer.

Isn't it true that crime is highest in cities with the strictest laws against gun possession?

I think so.

tRump should write an executive order making the use of a gun in commission of a crime a federal death penalty.

Owning and carrying a gun is a Constitutional right.

Using a gun in a crime should be a mandatory prison sentence, no plea bargain, no time off for good behavior, no parole.

I've been around firearms every since I was 10. I have a decent firearms collection and handload for about 10 different calibers. I got my concealed carry permit in 2011 and have carried every day, without really understanding the reason why I carry. I've trained, practiced, prepared, and maintained my practice going through thousands of rounds every year. I shoot more than most law-enforcement officers who surprisingly aren't all gun people.

The common answer I've given when when questioned by a non-gunner as to why I carry, has always been "Because I can", "Because 2nd Amendment", "Because self-defense", or "Because to stop the threat."

After seeing what happened in that Texas church a couple weeks ago, I Came to a realization: The reason I carry is to kill someone, period.

Now I'm more emotionally-prepared for the event that I might have to use my weapon. Not that I believe killing someone is a good thing. First off, it contradicts what the Ten Commandments tell us: Thou shalt not kill. It's also illegal and immoral, and unconstitutional to deprive another's life without due process.

But being emotionally-prepared to use the tools our laws allow us, is an important step in being able to protect ourselves and our family members. Therefore, I won't hesitate to use it if the situation leaves me no other recourse.

Last edited:

I think so.

tRump should write an executive order making the use of a gun in commission of a crime a federal death penalty.

This thread isn't about criminals who use firearms in the commission of a crime. It's about law-abiding citizens who carry a firearms for self-defense purposes.

Go start your own thread.

It's not immoral to shoot someone in self-defense or in defense of another.

Nor is it a violation of the Ten Commandments.

The commandment means "thou shalt not murder" NOT "thou shalt not kill."

Sometimes killing is necessary, sometimes it is the RIGHT thing to do.

When a man walks in your church and starts shooting people, that's ONE of those times.

It's not immoral to shoot someone in self-defense or in defense of another.

Nor is it a violation of the Ten Commandments.

The commandment means "thou shalt not murder" NOT "thou shalt not kill."

Sometimes killing is necessary, sometimes it is the RIGHT thing to do.

When a man walks in your church and starts shooting people, that's ONE of those times.

I've carried open on occasions and have no problem with it. A good holster is a necessity, one that has a thumb-release strap for good retention. And get one made of leather: Galco, Milt Sparks, or DeSantis, not one of those cheap nylon holsters. The only problem with open-carry is that it makes me nervous when someone is behind me. I've always found myself turning so I'm aware of who they are and where their hands and eyes are.

I used to see several people carrying open in the Walmart store here, until they instated their policy against it. Much rather carry concealed and dress like the "gray man" though, I feel like less of a "target" that way.

I think so.

This thread isn't about criminals who use firearms in the commission of a crime. It's about law-abiding citizens who carry a firearms for self-defense purposes.

The thread is about arming citizens. My inclusion is a much more common sense approach to control a major problem.

Using a gun in a crime should be a mandatory prison sentence, no plea bargain, no time off for good behavior, no parole.

Doesn't work. We need to kill them.

The punishment has to fit the crime. You can't logically give someone the death penalty for simply robbing someone with a firearm.

That's not a "common sense " gun solution because it not only shows a lack of common sense, it's unconstitutional and unfair. Would a judge sentence some teen to 99 years and a day for stealing a pack of gum?

Concealed carry should be legal legal for every American over 21, that have no felony convictions, without a permit. I would say 18yrs if they have military training. The country would be a much safer place. The United States has never been a peaceful society, there have always been outlaws that won't conform to what society wants as normal. You should be able to defend yourself.

Concealed carry should be legal legal for every American over 21, that have no felony convictions, without a permit. I would say 18yrs if they have military training. The country would be a much safer place. The United States has never been a peaceful society, there have always been outlaws that won't conform to what society wants as normal. You should be able to defend yourself.

That would only work until the CDC determines that guns cause cancer.
:laughing0301:

I think so.

Trump should write an executive order making the use of a gun in commission of a crime a federal death penalty.
I favor the right of a person to carry a gun to protect himself, but what if he wounds someone with a gun who is carrying out a crime, who then blames the shooter for the crime he was committing? With 12 people on a jury, without any other evidence, that could be a real headache. 16% of the people convicted in the State of Illinois prisons serving time for murder were once found innocent of the crimes they were serving time for with DNA. The governor of that state rescinded the death penalty, and it stayed that way for years. That happened back in the late 70s or as late as 1980, I'm not certain. I found out about it in a consumer safety-beware class in or around 1982. People who carry weapons to commit a crime aggravate a situation. And some of them are skillful at manipulating other people into thinking, doing and saying things they'd never do or say otherwise. Jurors are confused when lies are put out there. In fact, all of us are from time to time fooled by liars who play on a little truth, that covers the big lie.

A government that does not trust the people should not be trusted by the people.

I think so.

The thread is about arming citizens. My inclusion is a much more common sense approach to control a major problem.
So you're gun banner. And you want to execute people who have not committed a capital offense. What's wrong with you?

Doesn't work. We need to kill them.

The punishment has to fit the crime. You can't logically give someone the death penalty for simply robbing someone with a firearm.

That's not a "common sense " gun solution because it not only shows a lack of common sense, it's unconstitutional and unfair. Would a judge sentence some teen to 99 years and a day for stealing a pack of gum?

I believe in permanently removing problems. Dead is permanent.

I think so.

So you're gun banner. And you want to execute people who have not committed a capital offense. What's wrong with you?

I'm a gun owner that has a CCW permit in all 57 States and territories of the United States of America. Using a gun to commit a crime SHOULD BE a capital offense, and tRump can make that happen by executive order.

I think so.

I'm a gun owner that has a CCW permit in all 57 States and territories of the United States of America. Using a gun to commit a crime SHOULD BE a capital offense, and tRump can make that happen by executive order.

Troll commie confirmed.

Forum List

Back