Cell Phone Restrictions

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
It seems to me, that there is a pervasive existential view that cell phones are hurting our children and our society. Now they want to limit content in order to protect 'the children.' The Senate wants to 'regulate' kids' use of the devices. Everyone on every news outlet has stories of someone dying or being treated in an ill fashion on so-called 'social media.'

'The children' is a tried and true Marxist tactic to get folks to do things they wouldn't ordinarily even consider. So.....Yes, it's probably good to limit or not permit YOUR kid from a lot of screen time but, it is ultimately no good to see government trying to censor cell phone content or even 'social media' content because of something called 'mission creep' money and power.

It seems to me, that there is a pervasive existential view that cell phones are hurting our children and our society. Now they want to limit content in order to protect 'the children.' The Senate wants to 'regulate' kids' use of the devices. Everyone on every news outlet has stories of someone dying or being treated in an ill fashion on so-called 'social media.'

'The children' is a tried and true Marxist tactic to get folks to do things they wouldn't ordinarily even consider. So.....Yes, it's probably good to limit or not permit YOUR kid from a lot of screen time but, it is ultimately no good to see government trying to censor cell phone content or even 'social media' content because of something called 'mission creep' money and power.
Marxist my word U R absolutely correct!

It's always for the childrens...

OP stated that ''It seems to me...''

Thought police are bad, Marc. Umkay?
giphy.gif

You wouldn

You wouldn't happen to be part of the anti-Tik-Tok contingent in America, would you OP?

You wouldn't happen to be part of the anti-Tik-Tok contingent in America, would you OP?
Isn’t it way past time for you to fix your keyboard?

Last edited:

'The children' is a tried and true Marxist tactic to get folks to do things they wouldn't ordinarily even consider. So
.....Yes, it's probably good to limit or not permit YOUR kid from a lot of screen time but, it is ultimately no good to see government trying to censor cell phone content or even 'social media' content because of something called 'mission creep' money and power.
Let us concentrate on the bold text of your post and leave the other part out of it for a couple of minutes. A SERIOUS QUESTION: Is it possible to install a child's cell phone so that all incoming and outgoing calls and messages can only be deleted by the parents? I don't know very much about cell phones, etc. so if my question is stupid then I guess it's stupid. If it can be done I'd appreciate an explanation of how to do it or a link describing how it can be done.

Forum List

Back