Censorship Then and Now

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
50 years ago the Left was opposed to censorship.
Today they are propagating it.
Back then CBS censored The Smother Brother's TV show anti-war skits.
Today FaceBook, YouTube, Google, Twitter.....and many others are censoring free speech.
Their use of the term "misinformation" is off the charts Orwellian insanity.
How long will this continue?
What is the future of our country?
Has the Left lost all credibility?

Tom Smothers: “If you don’t like what we say, you have the ultimate censorship and that is to turn us off... but the right to stop us giving our viewpoints to those who want to hear them is contrary to the principal of our country.”

Censorship From the Smothers Brothers to Today | Frontpagemag

I don't think liberals are against anti[war messaging today either. I believe the Smothers Brothers was on the public airwaves, Twitter not so much. Sorry your idiotic conspiracy theories aren't being accepted as truthful. Join Parlor, I hear they don't censor speech.

Except when they do.

Well, that is a stupid because you never do clarify who the left was fifty years ago..
Lol, if he wastes his time to clarify who, you'll simply cry more.
Sixty years ago America was a different nation ran by different people, this fascination with rewriting history aint gonna make the Trumpets look any more intelligent or legitimate as a source of the truth.

I don't think liberals are against anti[war messaging today either. I believe the Smothers Brothers was on the public airwaves, Twitter not so much. Sorry your idiotic conspiracy theories aren't being accepted as truthful. Join Parlor, I hear they don't censor speech.

Except when they do.
Considering it was the anti-war crowd that the powers to be were trying to censor the OP fantasizes that the anti-war demonstrators were the conservatives... other groups of Republicans and Democrats were into censoring with the church as the overseer of what was okay and what was not...Now shall we move into the area of interracial relationships back then and how it was the conservatives who wanted to deny interracial relationships? I can remember censoring on radios and the TV but it was done by both Repubs and Democrats...Then the drug war came along in full force during Reagan and both the Dems and the Repubs joined to subjugate the masses by oppressing them with financial ruin if they were caught with drugs,,even weed, and they are still doing it to this day both the Dems and the Repubs.....

Except when they do.
"conspiracy" ahhhhh classic Orwellian
stay obedient

Except when they do.
stay obedient
Be sure to keep out of touch with reality because your guy was a loser...

Last edited:

Except when they do.
Considering it was the anti-war crowd that the powers to be were trying to censor the OP fantasizes that the anti-war demonstrators were the conservatives... other groups of Republicans and Democrats were into censoring with the church as the overseer of what was okay and what was not...Now shall we move into the area of interracial relationships back then and how it was the conservatives who wanted to deny interracial relationships? I can remember censoring on radios and the TV but it was done by both Repubs and Democrats...

Wanted? I think some of them here still do.

But yes, I agree Republicans and Democrats in the past have been for censorship. Of course liberal vs. conservative hasn't followed the same historical lines as political parties.

Except when they do.
stay obedient

Yes, until proven a conspiracy is merely a theory. You can label that Orwellian or not, that term means next to nothing today thanks to its overuse.

Except when they do.
stay obedient

Yes, until proven a conspiracy is merely a theory. You can label that Orwellian or not, that term means next to nothing today thanks to its overuse.
very obedient
BTW, the Left's censorship is not a conspiracy

Except when they do.
stay obedient

very obedient

Trump winning the election is.

Sixty years ago America was a different nation ran by different people,
60 years ago is history- this "nation" was founded as a Country, made up of sovereign States, which is not a nation, counselor- that is History, not revisioned. The intent, was, elected representatives were to help secure Liberty and help ensure constituents weren't restricted, legally, in commerce and trade, counselor.
We, the stinky tourist, deplorables, gun toting bible clingers of astro turfers are the masters to the servants- ALL 537 of them. Servants cannot "legally" mandate a Masters behavior. They can, and have, illegally mandated your lack of proper education, counselor- that is History.
Servants "running" anything is bassackwards.

Today FaceBook, YouTube, Google, Twitter.....and many others are censoring free speech.

Tom Smothers: “If you don’t like what we say, you have the ultimate censorship and that is to turn us off... but the right to stop us giving our viewpoints to those who want to hear them is contrary to the principal of our country.”

This would have never been an issue if the right wing were more moral and believed more in bearing True Witness simply because we have a McCarthy era phrase in our pledge. Who's original sinner fault is that; Or, does the right wing believe in the abmoniation of hypocrisy as secular and temporal, business as usual?

Except when they do.
Considering it was the anti-war crowd that the powers to be were trying to censor the OP fantasizes that the anti-war demonstrators were the conservatives... other groups of Republicans and Democrats were into censoring with the church as the overseer of what was okay and what was not...Now shall we move into the area of interracial relationships back then and how it was the conservatives who wanted to deny interracial relationships? I can remember censoring on radios and the TV but it was done by both Repubs and Democrats...

Wanted? I think some of them here still do.

But yes, I agree Republicans and Democrats in the past have been for censorship. Of course liberal vs. conservative hasn't followed the same historical lines as political parties.
Correct.

Sixty years ago America was a different nation ran by different people,
60 years ago is history- this "nation" was founded as a Country, made up of sovereign States, which is not a nation, counselor- that is History, not revisioned. The intent, was, elected representatives were to help secure Liberty and help ensure constituents weren't restricted, legally, in commerce and trade, counselor.
We, the stinky tourist, deplorables, gun toting bible clingers of astro turfers are the masters to the servants- ALL 537 of them. Servants cannot "legally" mandate a Masters behavior. They can, and have, illegally mandated your lack of proper education, counselor- that is History.
Servants "running" anything is bassackwards.
What a load of horse shit that is worth nothing but use in a garden. The leaders work for us not the other way around. If you have an improper education I suggest you remedy that because you are the master of yourself....

Except when they do.
stay obedient

very obedient

The Left's denial of any voter fraud is totally knuttz
The Dems have lost all credibility...well except with their obedient sheep

Except when they do.
stay obedient

very obedient

The Rights inability to bring this voter fraud allegations into the proper court is telling. They don't even want their witnesses to be sworn in, like the drunk lady.

It's very informative to read your complete post about how you aren't allowed to say what you want. I can see how censors are a really big burden on you.

Except when they do.
stay obedient

very obedient

Right wingers are worse. Even the co-Equal branch known as the Judiciary doesn't believe right wingers have more than right wing fantasy instead of any valid legal arguments.

Forum List

Back