Changing Nicknames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the forum to be blamed for your mental instability? Is it really the right place for you? What if you "grow" again and want your content gone?
You seem unstable because I never asked or suggested I would request to have my content deleted. That's not what I'm asking for, but rather the ability to change my nickname. The fact that you see growth or changing one's ideology as "mentally unstable" suggests you're the one who is suffering from a mental disturbance since you refuse to follow the evidence wherever it leads you. You're not a genuine truth seeker.

Maybe a neutral or generic nick, but that undermines the user experience. I don't see what's the big deal to allow users to change their nicknames. Some will keep their nicknames forever, indefinitely and others will modify them. It's just more freedom and options for the forum users. Don't users already contribute content to the forum, attracting traffic?
If you stopped posting today, how much do you believe traffic would deteriorate?

If you stopped posting today, how much do you believe traffic would deteriorate?
Everyone contributes, and I sometimes add my post links to tweets and on Facebook, and I will get 100+ people to my post in a day. I used to share my posts on social media more often than I do now, but I still share them every once in a while and I'll get hundreds of visitors.

If he stops posting and nobody remembered him, did he really ever post here?
It doesn't matter if anyone remembers me or not since my post would remain on this forum for years and still get traffic. Remember me or not, it doesn't matter.

This forum, doesn't allow people to grow ideologically, philosophically, theologically..etc. This is a place where we test our beliefs, we present evidence for our views and we read the evidence presented by others for their perspective. If you change your mind, after being here a few months and you want your nickname to reflect your new views, you're out of luck. You have to keep your nickname for a year, which no longer reflects what you believe or who you are. That's a flaw, a mistake in how this forum is being managed.

The rules should allow someone to change their nickname to reflect their views. How does it hurt the forum owner to allow the user to change their nickname? Why require a whole year to pass before someone can change their nickname?

I create a lot of content for this forum, which helps with SEO and attracts traffic to the forum. The owner should encourage users to use the forum and should create some more reasonable rules concerning modifying one's nickname. I'm no longer a Christian.
I just peeked and I see no method of changing the display name.
I could be wrong about that.

In any case...
The display name or "avatar" in my experience is a user saying who they really are or wish to be.
Which makes me laugh at some of these clowns. Looking at you MachoMan.
TBH, I don't recall your posts but that could be that we just visit different forums.

I see nothing wrong with your monicker. Striving to be a "Christian Man" is an admirable pursuit no matter one's religious views.

1. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
  2. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
  3. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
  4. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
  5. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
  6. Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God.
  7. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
  8. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
These are righteous acts.

This forum, doesn't allow people to grow ideologically, philosophically, theologically..etc. This is a place where we test our beliefs, we present evidence for our views and we read the evidence presented by others for their perspective. If you change your mind, after being here a few months and you want your nickname to reflect your new views, you're out of luck. You have to keep your nickname for a year, which no longer reflects what you believe or who you are. That's a flaw, a mistake in how this forum is being managed.

The rules should allow someone to change their nickname to reflect their views. How does it hurt the forum owner to allow the user to change their nickname? Why require a whole year to pass before someone can change their nickname?

I create a lot of content for this forum, which helps with SEO and attracts traffic to the forum. The owner should encourage users to use the forum and should create some more reasonable rules concerning modifying one's nickname. I'm no longer a Christian.
Yes, you should definitely change your name, especially inasmuch as you promote Islamist interests, not Christian.

It confuses people when a poster identifies themself as something they are not.

Yes, you should definitely change your name, especially inasmuch as you promote Islamist interests, not Christian.

It confuses people when a poster identifies themself as something they are not.
Or someone who simply wants to change their nickname and present themselves as what they actually are. Unlike you, if you convince me that your position is true, I will discard my cherished assertions and picadillos and accept yours. That's the mark of someone interested in truth, where you apparently aren't. You're not on this forum to learn anything, you have it all figured out I believe we should have the freedom to edit are nicknames to reflect our beliefs, whatever that might be.

Or someone who simply wants to change their nickname and present themselves as what they actually are. Unlike you, if you convince me that your position is true, I will discard my cherished assertions and picadillos and accept yours. That's the mark of someone interested in truth, where you apparently aren't. You're not on this forum to learn anything, you have it all figured out I believe we should have the freedom to edit are nicknames to reflect our beliefs, whatever that might be.
I do not believe "Islamistman" has been taken, yet.

Neither has "DeathtoJews"

This forum, doesn't allow people to grow ideologically, philosophically, theologically..etc.
That is up to you.

The rules should allow someone to change their nickname
It does.

How does it hurt the forum owner to allow the user to change their nickname?
Ever consider that it just might be a limitation of Xenforo???

I create a lot of content for this forum
You do??? Who are you again? :dunno:

I would just go with ''Dave,'' man.
1707503839339.png

Ignore the dog. She is a crazy woman.

You seem unstable because I never asked or suggested I would request to have my content deleted. That's not what I'm asking for, but rather the ability to change my nickname. The fact that you see growth or changing one's ideology as "mentally unstable" suggests you're the one who is suffering from a mental disturbance since you refuse to follow the evidence wherever it leads you. You're not a genuine truth seeker.
I don´t have the problem to not to know whether I am Christian or Jewish. And you can´t have anything that proves you which Religion is right, therefore it is something with your mental stability, be it gullibility or indecision. And yes, there are 613 commandment in Judaism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back