Chicago looting update: Businesses still boarded up 1 week after looters ransacked River North, Mag Mile, Loop

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
One week after looting and unrest, many Chicago businesses are still boarded up and their owners are trying to decide what to do next.

Nearly every business along the stretch of State Street from Kinzie to Illinois in River North still had its windows and doors boarded up Monday. Some said that depending on the type of glass used, it can take several weeks for a replacement.

Maybe it's necessary for everyone to move out but you don't get any money for schools or anything else. That is how that works. I just don't see it sinking in until this happens.

One week after looting and unrest, many Chicago businesses are still boarded up and their owners are trying to decide what to do next.

Nearly every business along the stretch of State Street from Kinzie to Illinois in River North still had its windows and doors boarded up Monday. Some said that depending on the type of glass used, it can take several weeks for a replacement.

Maybe it's necessary for everyone to move out but you don't get any money for schools or anything else. That is how that works. I just don't see it sinking in until this happens.
Disgraceful.

They'd be fools to repair their windows until this wave of Liberal Violence is over.

Its really a continuous period right now, why fix something if you are going to have to fix it again next week.

I nation 'led' by weak willed apologists more concerned with maintaining their political, and economic status than leading.
A disgusting, weak country...and I am not just referring to Shitcongo.

Democrat politicians in the deep blue major cities is appallingly out of touch with reality

I think they are expecting a federal bailout that is sure to happen if biden is president

What assurances do they have that they won't be destroyed the day after they are repaired and restocked? I would be looking for a new location in the suburbs for my business.
..one of them is suing because it did happen twice
  • Walid Mouhammad's convenience store was looted a second time on Monday
  • He said he spent $300,000 to repair the store after it was first looted in May

Forum List

Back