Chihuahua puppy chases away deer!

I should have kept filming. She chased them to the top of the hill. Those are all young does. Any older one might have attacked her.

Ya. I started a blog to record her life and off set the costs of having a dog. Im not doing a very good job of it.

Shes petty smart. Its really easy to train her. In the early days, Chihuahuas were bread to be companions. They were much bigger and supposedly descendants of foxes. I think it was the Mayans. Look at the statues of dogs at their sides in pictures.

Mailmen and meter readers will tell you about their bit. They are more likely to protect and viciously attack someone than a pittbull.

She's so cute and brave, Loud! :) We had a black, long haired chihuahua for 18 years and he was a well loved member of our family. You did a Great job on the video. :)

They were first domesticated by the ancestors of the Olmecs in the Monterey region, this the name Chihuahua.

I have no doubt that my Coffeecup Pixie wouldn't do the same. Her angry bark is absolutely ferocious!!

People have been chewing me out for letting her chase the deer. The deer are the least of her worries. There are stray cats, bobcats, mountain lions, raccoon, and black bears.

Everyone has been getting on to me for letting her mess with the deer.

I let my puppy live. No leash, no collar, just life as a free dog!

That's great, LoudMcCloud, but that might not be what's best for her sometimes.

You want what's best for her, don't you?

I have to watch myself all the time because I have a tendency to indulge my dogs and sometimes it's not best for them. I have to be the adult.

Here's an example. If one of my dogs hurts her foot and should stay off of it for a while, I feel like I'm depriving her by not taking her out for a walk and run in the field because she really, really, really wants to go. But actually, I would be doing more harm than good to take the injured dog out to soon after her injury. For the dog's good, I need to make the responsible, mature decision.

Do you see my point? Just give it some thought.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back