China buying American coal mines

Let China buy our coal mines. It will keep Americans employed, and since the coal mines are on U.S. soil, the Chinese would not have any "sovereign" rights to prevent the seizure of these coal mines by U.S. citizens.

China and all of Asia need the coal so let them purchase it, boy are they going to get a surprise when they try to mine it, negotiate with the Union bosses, and move it across country to ship home. But then again maybe thats not such a bad idea after all?

China and all of Asia need the coal so let them purchase it, boy are they going to get a surprise when they try to mine it, negotiate with the Union bosses, and move it across country to ship home. But then again maybe thats not such a bad idea after all?

Foreign companies are not union. No more than Toyota or Honda have union car factories.

We are selling our food supply and our energy supply to the Chinese and no one has a problem with that?

I suppose it's better than the obama plan of just shutting them down.

Chinese plan to mine for coal in Tennessee under attack | timesfreepress.com

IF we had a president that thought beyond the next party plan, buying our food processors like Smithfield and our energy supplies might seem problematic, but not to obama, he has a vacation to prepare for.

Do you think that private companies shouldn't be able to sell their assets to foreign companies?

Sale of critical industry has always had to have approval of the State Department. The sale is reviewed by a National Security Council, like Smithfield was reviewed.

Smithfield?s Sale Likely to Clear U.S. Security Review - Bloomberg

If we sell our ability to process food, sell our ability to process energy we really can't complain when we have neither food nor energy.

I suppose it's better than the obama plan of just shutting them down.

Chinese plan to mine for coal in Tennessee under attack | timesfreepress.com

IF we had a president that thought beyond the next party plan, buying our food processors like Smithfield and our energy supplies might seem problematic, but not to obama, he has a vacation to prepare for.

Do you think that private companies shouldn't be able to sell their assets to foreign companies?

Sale of critical industry has always had to have approval of the State Department. The sale is reviewed by a National Security Council, like Smithfield was reviewed.

Smithfield?s Sale Likely to Clear U.S. Security Review - Bloomberg

If we sell our ability to process food, sell our ability to process energy we really can't complain when we have neither food nor energy.

We have both food and energy though, so I'm not sure what the complaint is?

You also didn't answer my question though. I'm familiar with the sales guidelines, I'm curious as to your own personal view as to whether or not people should be able to sell their private businesses / assets to foreign entities.

Are you in favor of regulating that like we have / do. Do you think that it should be more open, or do you think we should have tighter controls. You seem to lean more towards higher regulation / restricted markets in this sense, but I wanted your direct opinion.

Forum List

Back