China is going to rule the world economically, militarily and via global influence. Should the West try to ensure they don't repeat our mistakes?

China is simply not ready not only for a "hot" war, but also for a "cold" war. There are gaping holes in the technological chain, which China itself cannot close. They are making efforts, and not small ones at that. But they cannot.
And China acts in the paradigm that a break with the U.S. coalition is a very likely scenario, but will postpone it until the last opportunity.
Well, in China, too, there is not a weak party of those who believe that for the sake of their personal affairs and interests you can surrender any interests of the state. They are, of course, against any confrontation.
Plus the understanding that at the moment, no matter what anyone wants, the dollar is money, and the yuan is not. The U.S. has the ability to hit China's economy hard and almost unanswered.
All of these issues are being addressed at the state level in China, but so far they are far from being resolved.
I totally agree.

Even if Russia and China form a military-economic union, they will not be able to hold out against the rest of the world for long - about 10-15 years.

China may pass us economically but they have almost five times the population to support

Militarily, they are nowhere close to the US who extends military power around the world and has the worlds most powerful Navy.

They are gaining global influence but not nearly what the Western Powers can put together
I used to think that China and Russia were real military threats. Reading a few comments from military experts who say that they think China would have done even worse in Ukraine than Russia did is enough to change my mind.

Corruption in both of those countries has prevented them from paying attention to the infrastructure of their militaries like they should have.

Jo

I used to think that China and Russia were real military threats. Reading a few comments from military experts who say that they think China would have done even worse in Ukraine than Russia did is enough to change my mind.

Corruption in both of those countries has prevented them from paying attention to the infrastructure of their militaries like they should have.

Jo
Both seem obsessed with high end toys while ignoring maintenance, logistics, training and command structure

Forum List

Back