China is going to rule the world economically, militarily and via global influence. Should the West try to ensure they don't repeat our mistakes?

I just had this conversation with a relative of mine in the military. It's not China's military we need to be concerned about. They can cripple us from the inside out. They own a ton of shit in our country, including companies that provide vital resources, farmland, several of our shipping ports, etc. You'll notice that China doesn't allow foreigners to invest in their nation the way we and other countries allow them to invest in ours. That's not an accident.

They WILL invade Taiwan and that's when this is going to be tested.
If China invades Taiwan, they will get their asses kicked

Lets look at it this way…

China has never engaged in modern warfare
They have never executed an amphibious invasion

Russia launched a land invasion on a poorly equipped neighbor……they failed miserably

China has to invade over a hundred ocean miles, they must land on 13 beaches surrounded by mountains, they will face sea mines, subs, anti ship missiles, air attacks and must logistically support their invasion force without a major port

Russia launched a land invasion on a poorly equipped neighbor……they failed miserably

China has to invade over a hundred ocean miles, they must land on 13 beaches surrounded by mountains, they will face sea mines, subs, anti ship missiles, air attacks and must logistically support their invasion force without a major port
I have repeatedly pointed out that China does not have to invade, but only control the sea lanes and air transport of Taiwan to exercise its control over the island. In a few more years their local military advantage will grow. That does not mean they will necessarily exercise this option.

But if China’s CCP government simply points out that “One China” policies are being flouted by the U.S. and that Taiwan must expel U.S. military forces and not abide by U.S.-imposed sanctions and U.S. demands that Taiwan high tech companies not trade with the Mainland — such demands will not seem excessive to most of the world.

A lot of course depends on how China uses its military and economic power against Taiwan and other nations that might consider interfering. If Xi acts stupidly like Putin did China could certainly fail. But Taiwan is not a recognized independent state, which means the mainland has much more diplomatic space to pressure Taiwan, and the U.S. less room to intervene militarily.

Those of us who admire and want to see Taiwan’s democracy survive and even spread to the Mainland need to carefully consider the real relationship of forces.

Chinas approach if they went to war would not be a traditional occupation approach a la D-Day. I am not a mi!itary strategy expert but I have read enough to know that China would lead with missiles. At this point we would assume all hope of a peaceful surrender would be out the wndow so China would mercilessly hit them with missiles before an initial approach even began. Not great for building a.consensus but China will blame Taiwans govt, look at what happened in HK. Then I imagine A.I dones will be followed, probably in the magnitude of 10s of housands. Before this of course would come the expansive propaganda campaign in stages, on the ground locally in Taiwan. The concerted activation of all internal spies and China sympathizers wthin Taiwan. soften the underbelly and resistance before any assault. Time would be of the essence so this will be rapid.

Looking at a historical timeline:

“Since time immemorial, the people living in the southwest of what has historically been Russian land have called themselves Russians and Orthodox Christians,” Putin said Feb. 21 in a speech justifying Russian recognition of the provinces. “Modern Ukraine was entirely created by Russia or, to be more precise, by Bolshevik, Communist Russia. This process started practically right after the 1917 revolution, and Lenin and his associates did it in a way that was extremely harsh on Russia — by separating, severing what is historically Russian land.”

The US Gov'ts obsession with trying to destroy Russia and China has caused them to lose focus on the Arab World and now Peace and cooperation is breaking out all over the place there. Damn!

China didn't do anything to Americans and pose no threat to us militarily.
US Gov't sold us out shipping manufacturing jobs away and destroying middle class so corporations could get cheap labor.
Now they want people to hate China, because they're losing, instead of blaming them.

The biggest reason for the west to back Taiwan is that they’re a major producer of the best computer chips in the world. China cannot compete and would love to just take the technology and infrastructure. Considering how important chips are to the modern world, we need to make sure Taiwan doesn’t fall to the CCP.

China is behind in technology and many western countries and companies have wised up and aren’t as willing to enter into commercial agreements. Their backwardness also means that their military technology is not nearly up to that of Taiwan and the west. They know it and that’s why we get bluster instead of action from the CCP.

Whatever you may think about the Biden administration, the fact that they did not cave to China’s threats over the Pelosi visit, deserves a tip of the hat.

I think you are overestimating the Chinese. While they don’t have the rampant corruption of Russia, they still have inherent inefficiencies. They still suffer environmentally.

Economically, they have made great strides.
But still have almost five times our population to support.

Their military is not even close
It is far more likely that population collapse will
decimate the globe and change all the elements that
dictate dominance. Politics will become obsolete. It's happening as we speak.

Birth rates are plummeting due to irreversible environmental corruption affecting human fertility. We're not even talking about air pollution here...just ground and water. China is poisoning itself to death and is deaf to environmental priorities.

jo

Clearly, Canada has a massive, unaccountable, soul destroying Security Industrial Complex. Many states in the U.S do as well. Should N America accept the inevitable and work to ensure they don't follow our follies and destroy ther nations soul as we have in some places? I believe this is the position European leaders are taking and for the future of humanity we should probably consider this position as well. Work to usher in a Renaissance Period in China as best as possible for the sake of everyone. They are an old civilization but have never had the type of global power/influence and vast technological advances they have now and will havenin the future.
What makes you believe that China is stupid enough to follow Western systems or ideologies that have been proven to fail miserably?

What makes you believe that China is stupid enough to follow Western systems or ideologies that have been proven to fail miserably?
Well, the policies haven't proven to fail miserbly, America was by far the most powerful economic force in the early 21st Century. The majority of the failures have come in just over the last 30 years or so. The West, lead by America, helped make China the power house it is today. Even the Chinese citizens know this and they thank the U.S.

This doesn't mean they will emulate us precisely, nor should they. There should be an expansion of civil liberties there. Notice this come at a time when we are losing them in Canada. In Canada and the U.K we haven't had them to the same degree America has....ever!

I thought this way to one time, I don't anynore. Their advances in A.I are massive, they are attracting top A.I experts while in some places our best and brightest are left behind. They are wiser than us, they sniff out B.S and hold local politicians and govt./unions/con artists to account. The only question remains to be answered "what type of nation will they become after they take the mantle with plenty of distance to spare"? We need to be realistic and ideal. I have learned first hand the character Canada produces, we have to ensure the same doesn't occur there. They seem to be socially on a teeter totter, which way it falls will determine the fate of our species. .They also have a geographical advantage being so close to Europe.
China‘s AI is terrible. It’s all smoke and mirrors. Anyone interested in the issue should check out China Fact Checkers on YouTube. They’re a couple of guys who spent 10 and 14 years in China, traveling all over the place. They left recently because of CCP crackdowns on anything they could remotely considered embarrassing to China, like how they cut corners and their infrastructure crumbles, that there’s no real rule of law, that environmental concerns are ignored and much more.

Forum List

Back