Chinese factory workers paid to let American exec go after 5 days

R

rdean

Updated: No ?Get Out of Jail Free? Card for this U.S. plastics executive in China | PlasticsToday.com

If you're looking for another reason not to manufacture in China, how about this one: Chinese workers at a plastics manufacturing plant in Beijing have been keeping an American executive confined to his office in the plant for five days, according to numerous media reports.

The workers went rogue after 30 of their cohorts were laid off and given severance packages. The 100 workers still at the plant, which makes medical disposables, are demanding two months back pay, and the same severance package as the 30 laid off workers in spite of the fact that they'd not been laid off, according to various news reports [our John Clark addressed the implications of what the strange case could mean in the context of global labor rates].

us_boss_2.jpg

Worker holds up letter, "Wie fuk yu gud".

U.S. Boss Held In China Leaves Plant After Payout

et_cid=3337063&et_rid=45631610&linkid=http%3a%2f%2fwww.manufacturing.net%2fnews%2f2013%2f06%2fus-boss-held-in-china-leaves-plant-after-payout

And Republicans have said on this very site that we should be more like the Chinese.

Mitt Romney Praises Chinese

Romney? How does the left manage to blame everybody else except the guy who is visiting his homeland this week but should be in the White House taking care of business instead of spending 10 million on a useless trip? I bet the plastics factory doesn't net that much in ten years but the radical left thinks it's fine to steal it from the American taxpayers.

Romney? How does the left manage to blame everybody else except the guy who is visiting his homeland this week but should be in the White House taking care of business instead of spending 10 million on a useless trip? I bet the plastics factory doesn't net that much in ten years but the radical left thinks it's fine to steal it from the American taxpayers.

Africa is Bush's homeland?

bushmeetsafrica.jpg

bush_safari.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Romney moved one of his companies to China the very month of the election. Republicans were very sad that a "Pioneer of outsourcing" didn't "win".

Looks like it was the only way to get the money back in the end...too bad. At least they didn't throw that guy out the window while they were at it.

Romney moved one of his companies to China the very month of the election. Republicans were very sad that a "Pioneer of outsourcing" didn't "win".

was that the one here in this Country with the Chinese flag flying over the American?...

It's called a Global economy stupid, it isn't Mitt Romney's duty as a businessman to provide you with a high paying job, it's his duty to make a profit for himself and his shareholders. My gawd, some of you leftist loons are Complete idiots. I notice how you conveniently avoid the fact that GM tossed up a plant in China right after the Taxpayers bailed their unions out, interesting that liberal kooks like yourself don't ever bring that up.

So, how soon can we expect American workers to be able to hold corporate executives hostage for back-pay and severance-pay and the like, with the government intentionally looking the other way?

Forum List

Back