Chinese nationals arrested in East Texas, $250k in gold bars seized after traffic stop

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Deport or arrest, but property seizures of legal property/money/gold without due process are bullshit and should worry all of us.....When the King’s men have a vested interest in stealing your property, that’s a problem.

While I don't like Chinese nationals slithering across our border....I don't like policing for profit as well.

Oh, and what's up with this BS.....The K-9 alerted to the smell of gold? Must have been a Golden Retriever. ;)

Deport or arrest, but property seizures of legal property/money/gold without due process are bullshit and should worry all of us.....When the King’s men have a vested interest in stealing your property, that’s a problem.

While I don't like Chinese nationals slithering across our border....I don't like policing for profit as well.

Oh, and what's up with this BS.....The K-9 alerted to the smell of gold? Must have been a Golden Retriever. ;)

there was due process. They were involved in some kind of money laundering scheme.

How do you know?

More like the po-po sees an opportunity to glean 250K for their department.

Then again you strike me as a person who would approve of assets being taken by the man.

Depends on whose assets and how they were gained.

Now, if you want to argue for reforming the laws for civil forfeiture, I'm all for that. It's frequently used against people of color for no good reason.

I'm also a little suspicious of their claims that these two guys "entered the country illegally". Yet they know EXACTLY when they got into the country? Sounds more like they claimed asylum when they got here.

If they were US citizens in their home, then that is illegal search and seizure. They were non-citizens traveling with massive amounts of gold so the seizure was warranted. Our border Patrol stops anyone entering the country with more than $10K in cash.

Not enough details. and what there is sounds kinda sketchy.

Dogs can't smell gold, it has no odor.

Money laundering, sure. But where did the money come from? where and when was it converted to gold? Which BTW isn't illegal to carry around...

Too many questions here.

Forum List

Back