Chris Christie's annual food bill - $60,000 of taxpayer money

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
All govt officials are crooks out to fleece the public.

NJ governor spent 300k on groceries drinks RINF Alternative News Alternative Media

may 11 2015
Chris Christie, the governor of New Jersey and a potential candidate in the 2016 presidential race, has spent around $300,000 of taxpayer money during the last five years on food, drinks and desserts, according to a new analysis.

Researchers at Watchdog.org got a glimpse of a half-decade worth of receipts from Christie’s office and revealed that the Garden State Republican didn’t shy away from using an annual allowance of $95,000 to cover extra costs while in office.

All govt officials are crooks out to fleece the public.

NJ governor spent 300k on groceries drinks RINF Alternative News Alternative Media

may 11 2015
Chris Christie, the governor of New Jersey and a potential candidate in the 2016 presidential race, has spent around $300,000 of taxpayer money during the last five years on food, drinks and desserts, according to a new analysis.

Researchers at Watchdog.org got a glimpse of a half-decade worth of receipts from Christie’s office and revealed that the Garden State Republican didn’t shy away from using an annual allowance of $95,000 to cover extra costs while in office.

300k? Really? I missed that one big.

You were about to tell us how much is spent at the White House for food annually, weren't you?

To be fair, of course. You wanted to be fair in your comparisons. Didn't you.

So it wouldn't look like you were simply whining and bashing conservatives, but were actually concerned about any politicians who spend a lot of food, regardless of party.

How much does get spent on food at the White House and various other places Obama goes, anyway? Since you brought up the subject?

Please complete the comparison you intended to make.

You did intend to be fair.... didn't you?

• Banned
How much does get spent on food at the White House and various other places Obama goes, anyway? Since you brought up the subject?

I don't think obozo eats all that much, as skinny as he is. But mooch the tranny is another story. I'm sure she puts it away good.

You were about to tell us how much is spent at the White House for food annually, weren't you?

To be fair, of course. You wanted to be fair in your comparisons. Didn't you.

So it wouldn't look like you were simply whining and bashing conservatives, but were actually concerned about any politicians who spend a lot of food, regardless of party.

Please complete the comparison you intended to make.

You did intend to be fair.... didn't you?
To be fair, the President and family have to pay for their own food and toiletries, so it would be the staff and guests whacking up the bills: ://11 Shocking Facts About The White House You Should Know - OMG Facts - The World s 1 Fact Source

"Chris Christie's annual food bill - $60,000 of taxpayer money"

Let's do the math....

365 days per year, and 3 meals per day equals .....um ... $55 per meal.

If he is eating alone, he is going to have a close encounter with an irate dietician. If he is entertaining other politicians, he is being ... um ... frugal.

That would explain his behavior at his last speech:

chrischristieeating.gif

Looking at him, it's pretty easy to believe he ate that much food. Considering it wasn't cheap, I'd say he is in the wrong if he is the one who ate that much. What does the breakdown of the expense report look like? I think we should set a limit on what can be spent on food and hotel accommodations for politicians. And no liquor should ever be paid for with tax dollars.

Time for new rules for ALL politicians.

As far as travel, I think they should find reasonable hotel rates. And Michelle Obama can pack them some approved lunches, similar to what our school children get served. If they want it hot, I am sure there are microwave ovens on the planes.

----------------

"Copenhagen Congressional Junket

Rep. Henry Waxman, D-Calif., is a key climate change player. He went to Copenhagen last year. Last week, we asked him about the $2,200-a-day bill for room and food.

"I can't believe that," Rep. Waxman said. "I can't believe it, but I don't know."

But his name is in black and white in the expense reports. The group expense report was filed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif. She wouldn't talk about it when our producer tried to ask.

Pelosi's office did offer an explanation for the high room charges. Those who stayed just two nights were charged a six-night minimum at the five-star Marriott. One staffer said, they strongly objected to no avail. You may ask how they'll negotiate a climate treaty, if they can't get a better deal on hotel rooms.

Total hotel, meeting rooms and "a couple" of $1,000-a-night hospitality suites topped $400,000."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/congress-went-to-denmark-you-got-the-bill/

And they should bring their own alcohol or pay with their own money. I don't argue paying for meals, if they are reasonably priced, but any liquor should come out of their own pockets. Why are they drinking on the job anyway?

Pelosi was one that thought nothing of spending other people's money for her own enjoyment. It was bad enough that she always insisted that the larger jet was made available for her use. She often had family and friends on flights and racked up some hefty bills for "inflight services" that included food and liquor.

"WND: But that single receipt makes up just part of the more than $101,000 taxpayers paid for "in-flight services" – including food and liquor, for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's trips on Air Force jets over the last two years. That's almost $1,000 per week.

Documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act by Judicial Watch, which investigates and prosecutes government corruption, show Pelosi incurred expenses of some $2.1 million for her use of Air Force jets for travel over that time."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/nancy-pelosis-in-flight-food-and-drink-costs-101000-2010-1#ixzz3ZtHi8wWD

Forum List

Back