Christians Not Healthy Enough to Flee Mosul After Death Threat Renounce Faith for Isl

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Pretty soon it will be "Will the last Christian in Iraq please turn off the lights."

Christians Not Healthy Enough to Flee Mosul After Death Threat Renounce Faith for Islam 'Just to Stay Alive'

BY LEONARDO BLAIR , CP REPORTER
July 22, 2014|11:27 am

At least five Christian families who were not healthy enough to flee Mosul, Iraq after the militant group Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) ordered them to convert to Islam or be executed, have renounced their faith for Islam, according to a local government minister.

"There are five Christian families who converted to Islam because they were threatened with death," Younadim Kanna, a Christian and a member of Iraq's Parliament told The New York Times. "They did so just to stay alive."

ISIS had given the Christians until Saturday to get out of Mosul, Iraq's second largest City which is almost as old as Christianity itself. In the days leading up to the deadline, Chaldean Catholic Patriarch of Baghdad, Louis Raphael Sako, appealed for global help and explained last week in a letter published by AINA News that ISIS had started marking the homes of Christians, the majority of whom fled with little more than the clothes on their backs.

"Suddenly we have been surprised by the more recent outcomes which are the proclamation of an Islamic state and the announcement calling all Christians and clearly asking them to convert to Islam or to pay the jizya (the tax all non-Muslims must pay while living in the land of Islam) – without specifying the exact amount," wrote Sako.

Continue reading:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/christians-not-

Sally-----as you and I both knew--------and so many people either did not know or DENIED---
THIS is how islam was propagated across the world . I often say to
hubby-------It is a miracle that your family remained jews (of course then
I throw in the fact that he is damned stubborn)

Forum List

Back