Cirque du Soleil cancels NC shows over HB2

Don't care. North Carolina isn't a big tourist destination, and I don't plan on seeing cirque de solei either. I might now think about going to N. Carolina, just to be curious. Not EVER going to see a bunch of quasi frog Canuks leaping around being artful and pretentious.

Don't care. North Carolina isn't a big tourist destination, and I don't plan on seeing cirque de solei either. I might now think about going to N. Carolina, just to be curious. Not EVER going to see a bunch of quasi frog Canuks leaping around being artful and pretentious.

North Carolina isn't a big tourist destination!? Have you never heard of The Outer Banks? lol

North Carolina isn't a big tourist destination!? Have you never heard of The Outer Banks? lol

North Carolina is beautiful, we vacationed there a few years back.

North Carolina is beautiful, we vacationed there a few years back.

It really is. We go to Duck almost every year. A lot of people from Western PA vacation in The Outer Banks so in way it is like being at home. lol. Duck Donuts for breakfast!

First thing I thought of about NC was Kitty Hawk and the Wright brothers, and their state motto, "first in flight". That is an awesome thing, historically. Aviation is one of my main interests.

First thing I thought of about NC was Kitty Hawk and the Wright brothers, and their state motto, "first in flight". That is an awesome thing, historically. Aviation is one of my main interests.

Kittyhawk is lovely as well. We like to go in mid-September during off season. The weather is still warm and all the kiddies are in school/college.

Kittyhawk is lovely as well. We like to go in mid-September during off season. The weather is still warm and all the kiddies are in school/college.
I will keep that in mind. Certainly on my bucket list of places to see.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I will keep that in mind. Certainly on my bucket list of places to see.

You really should. The Wright Brothers National Memorial is a neat place. If you do go, visit the wild horses as well.

Cirque de Soleil is doing two gigs in Russia. I wonder if someone should tell them how Russia treats gays. Fucking idiots.

Great job governor , just like Mississippi

RALEIGH, N.C. — Renowned acrobatic troupe Cirque du Soleil said Friday that it is canceling all of its shows in North Carolina because of the state's new law setting discrimination policy.

"Cirque du Soleil strongly believes in diversity and equality for every individual and is opposed to discrimination in any form," the troupe said in a statement, calling the North Carolina law "an important regression to ensuring human rights for all."

House Bill 2, which was signed into law last month after a one-day special session of the legislature requires people to use the public bathroom that corresponds to the gender listed on their birth certificates, excludes gays and transgender people from protections against employment and public accommodations discrimination and bars cities and counties from extending such protections to them

Cirque du Soleil cancels NC shows over HB2 :: Out and About at WRAL.com
Just as the Framers intended, consistent with a free and democratic society, the people expressing their disapproval of an ignorant, hateful government measure.

RALEIGH, N.C. — Renowned acrobatic troupe Cirque du Soleil said Friday that it is canceling all of its shows in North Carolina because of the state's new law setting discrimination policy.

"Cirque du Soleil strongly believes in diversity and equality for every individual and is opposed to discrimination in any form," the troupe said in a statement, calling the North Carolina law "an important regression to ensuring human rights for all."

House Bill 2, which was signed into law last month after a one-day special session of the legislature requires people to use the public bathroom that corresponds to the gender listed on their birth certificates, excludes gays and transgender people from protections against employment and public accommodations discrimination and bars cities and counties from extending such protections to them

Just as the Framers intended, consistent with a free and democratic society, the people expressing their disapproval of an ignorant, hateful government measure.

And we have a right to call them dumbasses and hypocrites. Has PayPal closed its operation in Malaysia? Why he'll no and that makes them fucking idiots, too.

Or to elect officials to protect children

Forum List

Back