City of the Crow: Civilized Capitalism [Danish Fable]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Imagine that a Danish writer came up with the following capitalism-patriotism fable/account, inspired by the films The Crow and G.I. Joe: Retaliation. Would we consider such a Danish fable as representative of the real 'potential' of our capitalism-tested TrumpUSA?

In other words, the reign of the first celebrity-president (Ronald Reagan) yielded many Reaganomics jokes. Will the reign of the second celebrity-president (Donald Trump) yield any kind of nostalgic folklore?

Signing off,

====

"My name is Eileen. I'm a Catholic, and I used a sacred prayer when I got married so I would conceive a son would be a modern-day 'savior' who would signal the return of Jesus. My son, Damien, was born on June 13, 1978, and I knew he had the necessary gifts to bring sanity and optimism to modern civilization. The world as we knew it was confounded by traffic-oriented paranoia and irrational crimes related to the piracy of capitalism. This would have unleashed a terrible 'force' of darkness that would envelop humanity in a 'veil' of cynicism. My son Damien was oddly fond of crows, so I gave him the nickname 'Raven'."

crow2.jpg

"Raven grew to become a great tactician and democracy-idealist and even chess-master and sharp-shooter. He was recruited by the paramilitary crusading American democracy-defenders known as 'G.I. Joes' charged with dealing with the super-terrorist organization known as 'Cobra.' Raven worked with the G.I. Joes using the soldier-alias 'Snake-Eyes' while coordinating his private campaign against some of the intellectual vanities of civilization such as the development of chemical weapons for terrorism."

crow3.jpg

"Raven quickly recognized that signs of civilization excesses such as industrial pollution revealed that the AntiChrist was present on Earth, bringing messages of vertigo and confusion, which is why Raven wanted to make sure that America was a sort of 'Democracy Camp' in which ideas about teamwork and sportsman-like competitiveness would conquer the eerie demons of piracy and mercilessness. Raven also made some comic book fan-art for his blogs on the Internet about the dangers of urban 'fracture' in an era when capitalism was confounded by corruption and terrorism. Raven didn't want civilization to become a proverbial 'malice-cemetery'."

crow4.jpg

"Raven completed his mission with the G.I. Joes, dealing with the terrorist group Cobra before becoming the mayor of Gotham City. As mayor, Raven dealt with a sinister bank-robbing pirate-gang known as Red Hood. Red Hood wanted to exploit urban vulnerabilities and infrastructural weaknesses to forward mischievous ideas about anarchy. Raven made sure he could use the power of the press (journalism) to convince policemen and voters that Red Hood was merely a 'spectre' of juvenile-delinquency...not a 'phenomenon' of urban vision."

crow6.jpg

"Raven then worked with CalTech to develop a 'super-computer' which would help meteorologists track rapidly-evolving climate-systems in our modern Earth plagued by extreme weather-shifts thanks to global warming and pollution. However, Raven ensured that CalTech scientists did not use the 'awesomeness' of the super-computer (known as HAL) to forward ideas about manipulation of superstitions, Mother Nature, or human humility. Thanks to Raven, HAL remained a 'tower' of beneficial science."

crow7.jpg

"Now that Raven is a happy mayor and part-time educator at Gotham University, I realize that his 'lifelong mission' is at an end and that civilization can embrace all the merits of capitalism without falling prey to its 'cloaked' dangers/evils such as piracy and betrayal. Sometimes I wonder if the AntiChrist had succeeded in turning civilization into a cauldron for crude experimentation, America then may have 'developed' into a 'hypocrisy-nation.' Now, I can sit back and relax and watch Roseanne reruns on TV peacefully and thank God that Raven was able to hail the successes of Jesus Christ and save civilization from the pitfalls of capitalism-misuse. Now, I'm ready to fall in love with TrumpUSA."

====

:5_1_12024:

Forum List

Back