Climate Change and Great Britain

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I am preparing for a two-week cruise around Great Britain and Ireland (ending in Norway), so I have been watching the weather in those geographical areas. I'm wondering what happened to global warming. The daily highs are mostly in the 60's (F, of course).

We took a bus tour of England and Scotland many years ago and foolishly brought Summer clothes exclusively. We were extremely lucky in getting weather that matched our clothing throughout, while our fellow travelers were over-dressed and uncomfortable in sweaters, long pants, etc.

This is not a scientific survey, but it is striking how cold the weather has been, and this is apparently normal for that area.

I am preparing for a two-week cruise around Great Britain and Ireland (ending in Norway), so I have been watching the weather in those geographical areas. I'm wondering what happened to global warming. The daily highs are mostly in the 60's (F, of course).

We took a bus tour of England and Scotland many years ago and foolishly brought Summer clothes exclusively. We were extremely lucky in getting weather that matched our clothing throughout, while our fellow travelers were over-dressed and uncomfortable in sweaters, long pants, etc.

This is not a scientific survey, but it is striking how cold the weather has been, and this is apparently normal for that area.

Summers in the UK are great, not too hot. Where I live it's ridiculously hot in the summer and humid as hell. Land in the UK in summer and it's like going back to spring.

We pride ourselves on having crafted our special climate , loving it and we have adapted marvellously to it .

Probably one reason why we win wars and America cannot remember the last time they won any significant conflict

We pride ourselves on having crafted our special climate , loving it and we have adapted marvellously to it .

Probably one reason why we win wars and America cannot remember the last time they won any significant conflict
Yeah, very funny. Hadn't it been the Allies in both World Wars, you would be speaking German now.

Take a trip to the Sahara and then post your views on climate change

We visited Ireland for 11 days a year ago. They told us to pack for every season because they could all happen on any given day. We apparently were very lucky. We had eleven wonderful, sunny days with highs in the 70s. Fabulous trip.

Summers in the UK are great, not too hot. Where I live it's ridiculously hot in the summer and humid as hell. Land in the UK in summer and it's like going back to spring.
This forum is infested with foreigners

Yuk

It's been over a month in Southern Scotland where we've averaged some 2 degrees Celsius below the average temperature for this time of year. This morning 6.30am 10 June 2024, it was 7c when it should be 9c+.

The media is silent on this, they just keep yapping on how heat waves are on the way to "grip" the nation etc..

You clowns still dont understand the difference between weather and climate.

Forum List

Back