Clinton v Bush

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Like a bad re-run from the 90s, and a strange inability of the greatest nation on earth of 320 million people to gravitate to candidates with familiar sounding names, I'm starting to hear rumblings from Serious People down here in Florida that Jeb Bush may throw his hat in the ring. No idea if he will or not, but its under consideration.

He'd probably beat Clinton here too.

Last edited:
I would consider him a moderate, but he would have the same problem that every other Republican running for President has. During the primaries he would have to go hardcore right to win and have to bring ot back to the middle for the general.

I would consider him a moderate, but he would have the same problem that every other Republican running for President has. During the primaries he would have to go hardcore right to win and have to bring ot back to the middle for the general.

I don't think he would have to go too far right. I think he has enough gravitas and stature to not pander to the far reaches of the party.

Jeb Bush will never look as good as the day he announces. It will be downhill from there.
Is there any reason to believe Jeb will do better at campaigning than all the establishment Republican-compromizers who have preceded him?
I'd vote for Jeb over anyone the Dems nominate. But that isnt saying much.

I don't think he would have to go too far right. I think he has enough gravitas and stature to not pander to the far reaches of the party.

It will be interesting to see it play out, but the Republican primary debates will be must watch TV. I can't wait.:tongue:

Doesn't matter. The next president will be determined by the top 20 on Forbes 400 list of richest Americans, specifically...yes, that's right, the Koch brothers. But let's also add Art Pope into that mix along with Marvin Adelson and the Waltons.

They are paying into the double-digit millions of dollars right now to hit the airwaves of the stupid and semi-comatose with advertisements, and it's working.

Soros doesn't have that kind of combined cash.

Just stay thanks and a tip o' the hat to the Supreme Court for passing Citizens United. Your vote doesn't mean shit anymore.

It will be interesting to see it play out, but the Republican primary debates will be must watch TV. I can't wait.:tongue:

Yes, the GOP debates will ad some welcome comic relief to network television. Cross your fingers and hope for a return of "...Ooops!" Perry, "U-becki-becki-becki-stan" Cain, Michelle Bachmann and her hot-dog sucking hubby. Make way on the stage for Rand Paul's obsession with Bill Clinton's Oval Office blow jobs and of course, Jeb Bush is the new Mitt Romney. Can't wait.

Jeb Bush is the consummate politician aka used car salesman. He will say whatever it takes to get elected. Obama is terrible but I'm not sure that a Jeb Bush presidency wouldn't be worse.

Forum List

Back