CNN: What Went Wrong For Hillary Clinton In Michigan?

I'm thinking it could be Clinton fatigue, or it could be others are realizing NAFTA was Bill and by extension Hill's baby. One thing though, if she can't carry MI, how the Hell is she going to carry OH, and PA?

What went wrong for Hillary Clinton? - CNNPolitics.com

What went wrong is Michigan is not the South or West Coast. Meaning, the ones who think Hillary is the one, blacks and mexican's, are not so prevalent in MI.

Yep, need to bus some blacks up there so she can compete

-Geaix

I'm thinking it could be Clinton fatigue, or it could be others are realizing NAFTA was Bill and by extension Hill's baby. One thing though, if she can't carry MI, how the Hell is she going to carry OH, and PA?

What went wrong is Michigan is not the South or West Coast. Meaning, the ones who think Hillary is the one, blacks and mexican's, are not so prevalent in MI.

Yep, need to bus some blacks up there so she can compete

-Geaix
There was a statement in that article representing the views of someone in the Clinton organization that was rather irritating
As it began to dawn on the Clinton campaign that the Michigan contest would be much tighter than it had anticipated, Jennifer Palmieri, Clinton's communication director, said that demographics were partly to blame.

"Michigan looks a lot like states that Sen. Sanders does well in. The Democratic vote is only about 75% white -- that is always coming in at a disadvantage to us," Palmieri told reporters Tuesday night in Ohio.
Having an electorate that contains a large number of white men presents a problem for her? Perhaps this Jennifer Palmieri would like to expel all the white men from the country!

What went wrong for Clinton in Michigan was that she bungled two questions during the debate Sunday.

The first was Clinton's bullshit about Sanders voting against the auto bailout. The audience saw right through that. And Bernie's face when she said that was priceless.

The second was Clinton doing her classic triangulation routine on the issue of fracking. She might have gotten away with it if she wasn't on stage with Sanders.

Clinton gave a long, prevaricating reply which she had clearly practiced. It was a classic Clintonian response worded in such a way that she could later claim to oil interests meant she supported fracking, and which she could later claim to environmentalists that she was going to shut down fracking.

Then came Sanders. "My answer is a lot shorter. No, I do not support fracking."

Wild applause.

Clinton was finished in Michigan.

NAFTA was a Republican initiative that Bill Clinton went along with in one of his act-like-a-Republican moments.

Republicans in the main love free trade, no matter how much it hurts Americans, but the People hate it.

One thing notable in the link is that CNN finds no fault with any of the polling(?)! So maybe the Democrats sent an indirect message to Trump. "Leading in the polls" is not an indictor of voter preferences. Even the Republicans are fairly moderate--President Ford, Governor Romney--and even pretty stupid: The one who poisoned Flint, for example. It is maybe just not a predictable place The Flint Factor is nowhere noted.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Trump now touting Bush Brothers meat: In the Party of Abraham Lincoln(?)! Anyone notices how hard he has been trying to be thought a Republican, after all(?)!)

Forum List

Back