College Football

jack3

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2024
N Florida
I saw Lindy's pre-season rankings. Georgia is #1, followed by OSU, TX, and OR. I can't remember the number five team, but defending champ MI is six.

The 8 team playoff should be really fun to watch this year.

Some big early games, including Clemson at GA, ND at TX A&M, and OR-OSU (a few weeks in). I haven't looked to see if Alabama has replaced Saban, but I assume they have someone by now.

I've like college over pro lately. Saturday is my football day. Sunday is rest and other activity.

Just looked it up. Kalen DeBoer head coach for the Tide. Announced in January (oh, where have I been). A South Dakota guy. They need to play some of these playoff games up north.

I saw Lindy's pre-season rankings. Georgia is #1, followed by OSU, TX, and OR. I can't remember the number five team, but defending champ MI is six.

Some big early games, including Clemson at GA, ND at TX A&M, and OR-OSU (a few weeks in). I haven't looked to see if Alabama has replaced Saban, but I assume they have someone by now.

I've like college over pro lately. Saturday is my football day. Sunday is rest and other activity.
Ranking matter much less with the 8 team playoff.

I would move some early season marquee games to bowl sites. Venues like the Peach Bowl and Fiesta. Good early season match-ups between the SEC and Big 12 could be at the Cotton Bowl.

I would experiment with home-away for playoffs. Imagine an SEC team having to visit Iowa City or Madison in January.

About the only venerable bowl left in my book is the Rose Bowl. Have the championship game there.

This doesn’t mean it would be permanent. I think the NCAA did a masterful marketing job with the playoffs. They knew it had to eventually expand, but they stretched it out. They kept fans arguing and talking, which helped their cause. I think they picked the exact right time in expanding to 8 teams.

Can you actually use a hate symbol like that as your avatar?

Ranking matter much less with the 8 team playoff.
With a couple of super leagues forming, will all of the 8 teams come from them? And if so, it could mean a lot of the same teams playing every year even in that format.

Someone just compiled rankings from 11 sources. GA is one. OSU is two. TX is three. OR is four. Ole Miss is five. I wonder if the Rebels have ever been top 5.

I basically follow the coaches' poll. I'll see if I can find that site.

I hope Ohio State set a real precedent by blowing off the bowl game with Missouri.

10-1 Missouri rolled over them pretty hard. Don’t think who was playing would have helped much? OSU never had a QB in 2023? Correct?

10-1 Missouri rolled over them pretty hard. Don’t think who was playing would have helped much? OSU never had a QB in 2023? Correct?
The OSU QB left before the Missouri game. So did a stand out lineman. Harrison declined to play. I imagine most players had little interest after the MI game. A standout MI player watched the OSU-MO game. He even said OSU was not the same team that played the Wolverines.

I thought the whole point of conferences was geographic proximity. You play teams in your relative area. I have heard talk of west coast teams joining the Big 10--or Big 15, or whatever the hell it is called. Too much switching will cost some fans.

The OSU QB left before the Missouri game. So did a stand out lineman. Harrison declined to play. I imagine most players had little interest after the MI game. A standout MI player watched the OSU-MO game. He even said OSU was not the same team that played the Wolverines.
OSU-Oregon might be the game that decides the Big 10, 12, whatever number of teams they have now. OSU lost a lot of talent, but so did Michigan and the Wolverines lost their coach too.

I thought the whole point of conferences was geographic proximity. You play teams in your relative area. I have heard talk of west coast teams joining the Big 10--or Big 15, or whatever the hell it is called. Too much switching will cost some fans.
Proximity was the old model. It still matters in some of the conferences and rivalry games.

Fuk you Hitler
Your own party is bringing it back....

Hell, your President was enamored with Byrd, the KKK guy.

1720398102449.png

Forum List

Back