College Football

I saw Lindy's pre-season rankings. Georgia is #1, followed by OSU, TX, and OR. I can't remember the number five team, but defending champ MI is six.

The 8 team playoff should be really fun to watch this year.

Some big early games, including Clemson at GA, ND at TX A&M, and OR-OSU (a few weeks in). I haven't looked to see if Alabama has replaced Saban, but I assume they have someone by now.

I've like college over pro lately. Saturday is my football day. Sunday is rest and other activity.
It's not an 8 team playoff, it's 12.

Which by the way really ticked me off. 6 would be acceptable, 8 would allow the occasional undefeated mid-major to get in. But 12?

With 12, you get 3 loss big-name teams getting in who have no business being considered. When too many teams make the playoffs, it F's over the regular season games.

I would say that if you go back throughout history, I could probably identify 6 or less teams who were truly deserving of being considered for a shot at the championship.. perhaps an occasional year with 1-2 more (like last year).

It's not an 8 team playoff, it's 12.

Which by the way really ticked me off. 6 would be acceptable, 8 would allow the occasional undefeated mid-major to get in. But 12?

With 12, you get 3 loss big-name teams getting in who have no business being considered. When too many teams make the playoffs, it F's over the regular season games.

I would say that if you go back throughout history, I could probably identify 6 or less teams who were truly deserving of being considered for a shot at the championship.. perhaps an occasional year with 1-2 more (like last year).
You know they'll put in one team from a non power conference and claim that's giving them a fair chance. While the third, fourth and fifth place teams in major conferences will get considered for spots. The havoc will start if you get multiple undefeated non power conference teams. With wins over some of those big name teams.

You know they'll put in one team from a non power conference and claim that's giving them a fair chance. While the third, fourth and fifth place teams in major conferences will get considered for spots. The havoc will start if you get multiple undefeated non power conference teams. With wins over some of those big name teams.
It needed to be 6, at most 8. 12 sucks balls, ruins the legimitacy

Forum List

Back