Colo Dem Governor tries to blame others for his signing of gun control bills

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
Democrats are fleeing in all directions from their voters as the leftist measures they enacted are being unexpectedly remembered by those voters.

Here Gov. Hickenlooper (D-CO) is trying to claim it's his staff's fault that he signed a ban on magazines that can hold more than 15 rounds. When that didn't work, he started ranting and cursing.

-----------------------------------

Colorado governor tries to apologize for gun control measures, blames staff, then curses | Fox News

Colorado governor tries to apologize for gun control measures, blames staff, then curses

Published June 19, 2014

WASHINGTON – Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper’s awkward attempt to patch things up with his state’s sheriffs over his support of controversial gun control legislation isn’t going as planned.

The governor, a Democrat, offered a series of unusual explanations during a meeting he held last Friday with a group of Colorado sheriffs for why he signed legislation that restricts the sale of ammunition magazines of more than 15 rounds.

First, Hickenlooper blamed his staff for not anticipating the opposition on gun control. He then apologized for his staff’s inability to effectively communicate and promised to do better in the future.

When Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith pressed the issue, Hickenlooper snapped back, “What the f---? I apologized!”

He apparently was kidding around, as the sheriffs could be heard laughing.

The passage of three gun bills by the state legislature last year led to the ousting of two Democratic state senators – former Senate President John Morse and Angela Giron.

Quick, deploy the I-Thought-It-Was-Something-Else defense!

Shit, that didn't work. Deploy the My-Staff-Tricked-Me defense!

Fuck. That didn't work, either. Deploy the I-Thought-That-Was-What-You-Wanted defense!

They slipped the gun bill to him while he was signing his bar tab.

"Sign here, and here, and here, and here, sir. Thank you."

Last edited:
Thats some statesmanlike conduct right there......
Oh....and thanks for sending PMag down to Texas. My magazines will get here much faster in the future.

Typical fucking commie, thinks he can say sorry and everything will be forgotten. Notice there was no promise to ask the legislature to undo the laws, so in reality he's not sorry at all. It's all about an attempt at damage control.

Democrats are fleeing in all directions from their voters as the leftist measures they enacted are being unexpectedly remembered by those voters.

Here Gov. Hickenlooper (D-CO) is trying to claim it's his staff's fault that he signed a ban on magazines that can hold more than 15 rounds. When that didn't work, he started ranting and cursing.

Colorado governor tries to apologize for gun control measures, blames staff, then curses | Fox News

Colorado governor tries to apologize for gun control measures, blames staff, then curses

Published June 19, 2014

WASHINGTON – Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper’s awkward attempt to patch things up with his state’s sheriffs over his support of controversial gun control legislation isn’t going as planned.

The governor, a Democrat, offered a series of unusual explanations during a meeting he held last Friday with a group of Colorado sheriffs for why he signed legislation that restricts the sale of ammunition magazines of more than 15 rounds.

First, Hickenlooper blamed his staff for not anticipating the opposition on gun control. He then apologized for his staff’s inability to effectively communicate and promised to do better in the future.

When Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith pressed the issue, Hickenlooper snapped back, “What the f---? I apologized!”

The passage of three gun bills by the state legislature last year led to the ousting of two Democratic state senators – former Senate President John Morse and Angela Giron.

Nice try, Dickenlicker. I hope Coloradans kick your sorry liberal ass to the curb!

Published June 19, 2014

A very large percentage of Coloradans are either extreme right or extreme left. Not a lot fall in between. Colorado Springs is one of the most conservative cities in the US, and Boulder and the northern metro area running from Boulder to Fort Collins is extremely liberal.

Say, hey governor man, like, uh, I only did some pot, like, uh, let me see man, uh, like mmmmmm, 22 times ! (no twice)

No twice man !

Forum List

Back