Colorado City, Texas mayor resigns after telling residents to "sink or swim...only the strong survive" during deep freeze, power outages

During Hurricane Katrina, people died face down in the mud when they were only a few hundred yards from high ground.

They literally gave up and died waiting for city government to come and rescue them.

No one should be so dependent on state aid that their lives would be lost if the state fails to provide.

I'd find wood and build a damn fire in my garage if I had to. Which is exactly why I bought sterno and a camp stove, because if the power goes out here for longer than a day, and its as cold as what Texas is experiencing, I have a way to cook, boil water, etc. The majority of senior apartments are all electric. No gas. Who is the idiot that thought that up???
I have a balcony. Guess where I will be cooking?

I'd find wood and build a damn fire in my garage if I had to. Which is exactly why I bought sterno and a camp stove, because if the power goes out here for longer than a day, and its as cold as what Texas is experiencing, I have a way to cook, boil water, etc. The majority of senior apartments are all electric. No gas. Who is the idiot that thought that up???
I have a balcony. Guess where I will be cooking?
I have an ancient Sears kerosene heater.

I have propane and generators, which got relatively cheap the last few years and I need them for doing stuff away from the house anyway. Couldn't run them in an apartment, but maybe on the balcony if you had one.

They will need a USB converter and use their cars to charge up their phones and tablets before they can use websites when the juice is off.

True story, pulled over to help a guy on the side of the road, he was 'Google'ing' how to change a tire.

That in itself is telling about how sheltered society has become if we can get through without ever changing a tire on our own and we have to google it. But then I'm amazed at the boom in driving schools around here because of all the Yankees who never drove a car until they moved here and pretty much have to drive.

Sounds like REALLY good advice.
Not a particularly astute political move though.

It would depend on your audience ... I'll admit it doesn't go down well with the Gen Z.

9428304644_42eaf2cbd2_z.jpg

Sounds like REALLY good advice.
Not a particularly astute political move though.

I know you're sheltered but a lot of small town govts. don't have 4 billion dollar budgets with which they can pamper dumbasses through any crisis with, and sometimes out west you have to cooperate with neighbors to survive assorted problems as they crop up.

Whoever drove that man into resigning, my question for them is this: Do you have a better way of putting it?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

that sounds like something Trump would say!
And yet he DIDN'T dumbass

When Cuomo was destroying New York, THAT WASNT HIS RESPONSE.

He geared up and got things moving to help that corrupt and unqualified jackass not screw up too badly

How dare he give good advice. Why don't people already know this? It should be obvious. Or perhaps what the people wanted was for the Mayor to come up with the plan and tell them what to do.

Forum List

Back