Colorado to vote on single-payer state health-care system

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014

Colorado voters will decide next year whether this state should be the first to pay for comprehensive health care for residents (snip)

Residents would choose their own health care providers, but ColoradoCare would pay the bills. (snip)

Miller, a psychologist and author of a book on health-care reform, contends that if the initiative passes, residents will gain premium health care coverage for $5 billion less than they pay now. ColoradoCare would slash administrative costs of private insurance and negotiate bulk rates for pharmaceuticals. (snip)

The coverage would extend to “anybody who earns income and lives in Colorado,” he said.

To pay for state coverage, employers would pay 6.67 percent in payroll taxes and employees would kick in 3.33 percent, for a total of 10 percent of the payroll. Self-employed people would pay 10 percent of their net income. People who qualify for existing federal health programs could continue to receive the same benefits.

It’s time we get the insurance industry out of the driver’s seat and put families in charge of their health care.” (yes)

Its about time we bypass insurance companies, we do not need them. Ever look at your bills and see how much they actually pay, so much less. Take a hike insurance companies, and yes the state can do something about med costs.

Curious to see how this works out if voted in.

It’s time we get the insurance industry out of the driver’s seat and put families in charge of their health care.”

Single payer puts government in charge of health care, not families.

It’s time we get the insurance industry out of the driver’s seat and put families in charge of their health care.”

State government for Colorado for those with earned income. I am pro the ACA but needs work, but the way Co. would do it would eliminate all HI and their underwriters, Health Insurance companies get very wealthy for pushing paperwork and fighting claims.

State government for Colorado for those with earned income.

What does that mean?

I am pro the ACA but needs work, but the way Co. would do it would eliminate all HI and their underwriters, Health Insurance companies get very wealthy for pushing paperwork and fighting claims.

Single payer replaces a cabal of state-regulated insurance companies with one. Not sure I see the win.

Well, they bribed their government in to letting them smoke pot for the right price. Maybe they'll just find more lucrative bribes to help fund this.

State government for Colorado for those with earned income. I am pro the ACA but needs work, but the way Co. would do it would eliminate all HI and their underwriters, Health Insurance companies get very wealthy for pushing paperwork and fighting claims.

Please show us how wealthy they get.

Provide the bottom line from their financials.

I think it's great they are looking at it.

If it is successful, other states can do it.

Then we can get rid of Obamacare.

No one knows yet, its not even voted on yet. There is no insurance company, state run.

Thinking of insurance as a co-op seems very reasonable. The more that participate, the cheaper for all. Run it as a business and keep the profits for reduction of costs rather than the benefit of a few, non-productive 'investors'.
Auto insurance, for one, should have been like this for a long time. What sense does it make for the state to issue licenses to drivers and registration for vehicles, and then turn all this over to for-profit companies by requiring insurance? This situation leads, quite predictably, to errors and cheating where some do not have insurance. If insurance came with the other state regulated elements, there would be lower cost and no doubt.
In any case, people in the U.S., the richest country the world has ever seen, are entitled to a level of health care at least equivalent to other developed nations.

No one knows yet, its not even voted on yet. There is no insurance company, state run.

You said that Health Insurance Companies get very wealthy.....

You have data to back this claim....I hope.

You said that Health Insurance Companies get very wealthy.....

You have data to back this claim....I hope.

Didn't think so.

Still looking for that data.

Every publicly-traded insurer is listed on the stock exchange. Every intelligent person can find the information you're looking for here: Google Finance: Stock market quotes, news, currency conversions & more Someone with no interest in actually learning anything will keep reiterating the same question of a poster who's offline.

Intelligent people don't support what you support. They don't believe in supporting freeloaders that continue to be freeloaders. You do. That makes you stupid. Sad thing is stupidity costs everyone except the stupid people.

Every publicly-traded insurer is listed on the stock exchange. Every intelligent person can find the information you're looking for here: Google Finance: Stock market quotes, news, currency conversions & more Someone with no interest in actually learning anything will keep reiterating the same question of a poster who's offline.

Intelligent people don't support what you support.

Evidence?

Evidence?

You. You're an idiot just by supporting it.

Thanks for playing now run along and provide for yourself, freeloader.

Evidence?

The stock market? That is what the post you replied to was about.

Evidence?

I responded to a thread about Colorado's vote on single payer. Pay attention, stupid. The rest of us are tired of supporting your worthless, freeloading ass. Get a damn job or do without.

Evidence?

I responded to a thread about Colorado's vote on single payer.

You responded to my post about the stock market. Sun Devil wants to know whether or not insurance companies are making profits. There's an easy way to find out, but he expects others to do it for him.

If you understand the Dow, perhaps you can enlighten him.

Evidence?

I responded to a thread about Colorado's vote on single payer.

You responded to my post about the stock market. Sun Devil wants to know whether or not insurance companies are making profits. There's an easy way to find out, but he expects others to do it for him.

If you understand the Dow, perhaps you can enlighten him.

Did you use that information in order to support your belief that insurance companies shouldn't make a profit and we should have single payer?

I have no problem with insurance companies making a profit. If a bunch of freeloaders can get their food, housing, healthcare, etc. funded by mandated taxes on honorable hardworking people being forced to fund it, a business should be able to make a profit.

Forum List

Back