Columbia student vows to carry mattress until her alleged rapist is expelled

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Another shakedown. Alleged rape occurred TWO years ago but she didn't report it at the time. Now when all the evidence is cold, she says it happened.!!! Women do this all the time. Cry rape in hopes getting rich.

Columbia student vows to carry mattress until her alleged rapist is expelled - Yahoo News

sep 3 2014
A Columbia University student is turning her senior thesis into a protest against the school's sexual assault policies and her alleged rapist.

Emma Sulkowicz, a visual art major, says she is carrying a twin-size dorm-room mattress until her alleged attacker, a fellow Columbia student, is expelled. Sulkowicz is calling the endeavor, which she says is a sort of performance art piece, “Mattress Performance: Carry That Weight.”

“The piece could potentially take a day or go on till I graduate," Sulkowicz, a senior, told the Columbia Spectator.

The 21-year-old says she was raped in her dorm room on the first day of her sophomore year but did not report the alleged attack until she met two other women who said they were also assaulted by the same man. All three reported their cases to the university, and all three say their allegations were dismissed.

Sulkowicz filed a police report with the NYPD in May.

Why is she carrying a matress anyway? This girl sounds like a loonybird. Maybe NOW is paying her to make a big deal out of yet another false rape accusation

Why is she carrying a matress anyway? This girl sounds like a loonybird. Maybe NOW is paying her to make a big deal out of yet another false rape accusation

This drastic behavior gives more credibility.

If she was indeed raped, it might be she's out of it. Rape is very traumatic.

Did they even try and look into it seriously?

This drastic behavior gives more credibility.

look into it how? It supposedly happened 2 years ago.

The problem at this point is it's a he said, she said accusation without evidence. I'm actually surprised that nothing has happened to the guy given how unfair men are treated on college campuses, particularly when it comes to accusations of sexual misconduct. I've read several cases in the past couple of years of men being expelled from a university simply for being accused, without any evidence whatsoever.

I doubt it. You can't wait 2 years to report a rape and expect anyone to believe you. This is another rape shakedown.

The problem at this point is it's a he said, she said accusation without evidence.

That's almost always the case with rape. Men are assumed guilty and are forced to prove their innocence. And that's when the rape is reported promptly. In a case like this where the "victim" waited two years to complain, only a fool believes her.

The guy she named was accused by two others, but .....Although these students have said that he was found “not responsible” in each case, the fact remains that three women have now accused Nungesser of sexual assault through the University’s adjudication process. Why we published the name of an alleged rapist

I don't believe her. Wanting to relive a violent rape so long afterwards just does not ring true to me. Accusing the school of being ineffectual when she failed to report it is showmanship. I also have a problem with woman, in an already concentual relationship, crying rape so long after the fact

Just my two cents

I doubt it. You can't wait 2 years to report a rape and expect anyone to believe you. This is another rape shakedown.

Possible. I wonder why nobody looked at it at the time. It's not carrying the mattress that is the issue here, I guess, but the fact that someone should have checked this earlier.

Possible. I wonder why nobody looked at it at the time. It's not carrying the mattress that is the issue here, I guess, but the fact that someone should have checked this earlier.
She didn't report it. Simple as that

She needs to take responsibility for not reporting it.

It doesn't seem to make clear, if the other two women she met reported it in a timely manner.

Maybe she's carrying the mattress as practice for her future job as a manual laborer, because she darn sure isn't going to get a job with a "visual arts major". She's gonna need a job to pay off those student loans, Columbia isn't cheap.

Oh, wait, nevermind....the guv'mint will take care of her.

Was it not in Chicago that hookers once prowled the streets with mattresses strapped to their backs to avoid the cost of rooms and to make more money through faster turnarounds?

Maybe she's carrying the mattress as practice for her future job as a manual laborer, because she darn sure isn't going to get a job with a "visual arts major". She's gonna need a job to pay off those student loans, Columbia isn't cheap.

Oh, wait, nevermind....the guv'mint will take care of her.
right. there's absolutely no market out there for graphic designers.

She needs to take responsibility for not reporting it.

It doesn't seem to make clear, if the other two women she met reported it in a timely manner.
to me that makes more sense as a visual representation. she's been harnessed to that mattress for two years now because she didn't speak up in a timely manner. she's been carrying the baggage that long internally.
but then that may be a component of her piece.

Forum List

Back