Comey to testify Monday; Trump's popularity at new low per Gallups

JakeStarkey and OldLady I am loving you both.

You two seem to be at the head of the present Enlightenment.

Almost everybody else on this forum is still in the clouds.

What it shows is that a "coefficient of deception" exists and is shrinking for Chump.

What it further indicates is that at some point either VP Pence or Speaker Ryan is going to need to pull the plug on him.
"Coefficient of deception?" I smell math.
What does that mean, in English, Professor?

I have no personal problem with Gorsuch. I think his credentials are impeccable. I think he will become a good swing voter on the High Court like Kennedy and Roberts. It's just that the DEM's are still mad as hell at McConnell for not looking at Garland at all. The DEM's thought that the Fates of Time had simply ordained Garland instead.

Unless the DEM's sweep the Federal Government in 2020 like the GOP did this past 2016, Garland will never see the light of day however.

Garland would be a good replacement for Ginsberg. But not for Scalia.

And if Kennedy and Thomas retiring soon, if they do, then two more strict constructionist justices need to be found and nominated in the coming 3 years as well. Or maybe only two.

There is no guarantee that the GOP can hold onto their grip on Congress more than another 1 1/2 years at this rate.

Trump is managing to piss off everybody who is not in the top 1% of incomes.

What it shows is that a "coefficient of deception" exists and is shrinking for Chump.

What it further indicates is that at some point either VP Pence or Speaker Ryan is going to need to pull the plug on him.
"Coefficient of deception?" I smell math.
What does that mean, in English, Professor?
It is just a play on words that with Chump's unprecedented alienation, that you will now soon be able to put a number or percentage onto Abe Lincoln's "some of the people all of the time".

My master's is actually in international taxation, with a double major in microbiology and accounting, and minors in chemistry and math. And during my 6 year "internship" between college and grad school I actually worked for the Government doing really dangerous stuff.

I have no personal problem with Gorsuch. I think his credentials are impeccable. I think he will become a good swing voter on the High Court like Kennedy and Roberts. It's just that the DEM's are still mad as hell at McConnell for not looking at Garland at all. The DEM's thought that the Fates of Time had simply ordained Garland instead.

Unless the DEM's sweep the Federal Government in 2020 like the GOP did this past 2016, Garland will never see the light of day however.

And if Kennedy and Thomas retiring soon, if they do, then two more strict constructionist justices need to be found and nominated in the coming 3 years as well. Or maybe only two.

There is no guarantee that the GOP can hold onto their grip on Congress more than another 1 1/2 years at this rate.

What exactly are Gorsuch's credentials. Tell us

What exactly are Gorsuch's credentials. Tell us
You don't like him? Why?
I read in the paper this past week that Gorsuch's role model is a prior SC Justice named White, who was so stubbornly a-political that no one could ever predict how he'd decide. I agree with SoyMilk that he'll be a swing voter. A judge who will interpret based on the law and the constitution, not his politics.

Berkeley Lovelace Jr. | @BerkeleyJr
1 Hour AgoCNBC.com

Comey is getting ready to testify on Monday, and Gallup has polled Trump, our most divisive president in history, at an all time low at 37%. His disapproval rates 58%. His popularity has fallen almost 25% from a week ago, when 45 people out of 100 approved of him and his admin.

President Donald Trump's approval rating has hit a new low, says latest Gallup poll

104348973-GettyImages-634136184.530x298.jpg

Saul Loeb | AFP | Getty Images
Donald Trump

1489945790_Screen_Shot_2017-03-19_at_1.48.25_PM.png

(Source: Gallup.)

"The Gallup poll, which measures public opinion and attitudes, and has margin of error of ±3 percentage points, also noted the economic confidence index was down 3 points to 7. Consumer spending was up $16, however, at $111.

Gallup polled about 1,500 adults nationwide.

The latest numbers came as U.S. House Republicans work on changes to the health-care bill that would repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare. Trump has been wooing lawmakers to vote for the bill, according to Reuters.. . .

FBI Director James Comey is set to testify Monday on Trump's claims that former President Barack Obama "wire tapped" Trump Tower."

Thank you! Trump's popularity should be about even with a snake's belly by the end of the week.

The Politics forum is not the Flame Zone. If you can't have a discussion without non-content flaming then you'll be permanently removed from it.

1. deliberate deception on the wire tap claim

2. circumstantial evidence on the Russian collusion issue

If Comey comes forth with something along the lines of "yeah, we have evidence the Trumpenfreeks and the Russianorks colluded during the campaign," the gates of hell open for all of us.

If Comey comes forth with something along the lines of "yeah, we have evidence the Trumpenfreeks and the Russianorks colluded during the campaign," the gates of hell open for all of us.
IF? Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Even if he says what you want him to say, the only people who will believe Comey are nutjobs like you who will believe anybody who accuses Trump of anything. Comey has no credibility. Nothing will change and he'll still be POTUS, and your fantasy of impeachment will once again be crushed.

IF? Sounds like wishful thinking to me. Even if he says what you want him to say, the only people who will believe Comey are nutjobs like you who will believe anybody who accuses Trump of anything. Comey has no credibility. Nothing will change and he'll still be POTUS, and your fantasy of impeachment will once again be crushed.
Of course it does to you, because (1) Trump deliberately deceived with his comment about Obama and wire tapping; and (2) so many intel agencies have said there is evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians. Of course you do. Comey is credible when he body slams Clinton but not Trump. You are no daisy, no daisy at all. Sleep well. I will because America can endure even Trump, the most divisive president in American history.

Republicans are giving Trump enough rope to hang himself and putting themselves in a position to blame it all on Trump come 2018. They don't want to pull the plug too soon and take the blame for the mess Trump leaves behind.

Didn't Gallup have Hillary in a landslide up until 9 PM on election night? When are lefties gonna realize that Americans are smarter and better informed than selected demographics in Gallup polls? Are left wing crazies still high on meth? How long can they keep up the anger and emotional disappointment over an election that ended four months ago?

Forum List

Back