Congress is dragging their feet on protecting small businesses.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
The president made a request for the additional $250 billion needed
and Congress is over there busy impeaching him again
or something....who knows ?

The money is gone already. Many small businesses will get ZERO. I heard from a friend that his cousin has a medium sized business and got $10M. I know not one person that has gotten any. Yet.

Pelosi is all about making this as painful on the people as she can....Trump will have to call her out everyday until she stops this BS....

The money is gone already. Many small businesses will get ZERO. I heard from a friend that his cousin has a medium sized business and got $10M. I know not one person that has gotten any. Yet.
Well at $24 trillion in debt, that's been the case for a long time.
It won't stop us from printing a few billion more here and there.

Well at $24 trillion in debt, that's been the case for a long time.
It won't stop us from printing a few billion more here and there.
TRILLIONS... Not Billions.

If the left were to approve billions for small businesses, this would ruin their goal or destroying our economy so that they can run on the promise of "solving" the economic problems. The people are irrelevant when it comes to anything but votes.

Read. Keep talking shit won't help. Anyone.

"On Thursday morning, the $349 billion emergency small business lending program officially tapped out. The Small Business Association officially ran out of money for the Paycheck Protection Program, according to a message for lenders posted on the administration's website."

"On Thursday morning, the $349 billion emergency small business lending program officially tapped out. The Small Business Association officially ran out of money for the Paycheck Protection Program, according to a message for lenders posted on the administration's website."

From your article;
Republicans have slammed Democrats for holding up a clean increase in funding, with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy saying in his own press conference that "this is not a time to play politics."

McCarthy, a California Republican, also said funds for state and local governments have not run out yet.

Pelosi countered that, saying it is "evident" that hospitals and state governments need more money during the coronavirus crisis.

"They need some money — we understand that, and we're willing to give them that money — but we also need the other money," she said.

"The point here: there's no margin for error when the only way legislation can move through the Senate is through unanimous consent. Any deal Mnuchin strikes with Democrats must have the sign off of Senate Republicans. And Senate Republicans are not in the mood to deal right now."

"The point here: there's no margin for error when the only way legislation can move through the Senate is through unanimous consent. Any deal Mnuchin strikes with Democrats must have the sign off of Senate Republicans. And Senate Republicans are not in the mood to deal right now."

Same article.

'Congress is dragging their feet on protecting small businesses.'

....the same Congress who blocked relief funding in an attempt to get money for abortions and 'the war on cow farts' added to the bill...

:cool:

The dems seem to be disorganized, to put it mildly. I believe there is some question as to whether the "small biz" definition lets in basically some pass through biz that involve chartering of rich peoples jets planes and ski condos, but that doesn't appear to be a concern for the dems.

Now you do.

Too bad for you that Pelosi was only able to delay the relief for several days. Pisses you off, doesn't it?

Forum List

Back