Congress Warns Trump: Stop Deleting Your Tweets

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By doing so, Trump and his staff may be violating federal record keeping laws.

WASHINGTON ― When President Donald Trump or a member of his staff deletes a tweet, they may be violating federal law, two top congressmen warned the White House this week.

Reps. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) and Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), chairman and ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, sent a letter to White House counsel Don McGahn on Wednesday expressing concerns about the Trump administration’s record keeping habits and its nontransparent use of social media and other forms of electronic communication.

One example the lawmakers cited is Trump’s habit of misspelling and then deleting tweets, which they warned “could pose a violation to the Presidential Records Act” if the deleted tweets are not archived.

“Many of the messages sent from these accounts are likely to be presidential records and therefore must be preserved,” they wrote, referring to both Trump’s personal@realDonaldTrump account and his official @POTUS account. “It has been reported, however, that President Trump has deleted tweets, and if those tweets were not archived, it could pose a violation of the Presidential Records Act,” Chaffetz and Cummings wrote in the letter.

Trump sometimes deletes tweets due to spelling errors. Over the weekend, he deleted two tweets that misspelled the word “hereby.”

More: Congress Warns Trump: Stop Deleting Your Tweets

Interesting. I can think of many more important things to warn Trump against. Oh well, at least this is a start.

Last edited:
Oh snap! That's the shit the cons tried to use against Hillary and her server. I guess everything on trumps phone is now public property !!

ccef0a528f37c5e0f0629e78ee9d939ace8ff0c1b85b65183cfe7c621e53fbdf.jpg

WASHINGTON ― When President Donald Trump or a member of his staff deletes a tweet, they may be violating federal law, two top congressmen warned the White House this week.

Reps. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) and Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), chairman and ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, sent a letter to White House counsel Don McGahn on Wednesday expressing concerns about the Trump administration’s record keeping habits and its nontransparent use of social media and other forms of electronic communication.

One example the lawmakers cited is Trump’s habit of misspelling and then deleting tweets, which they warned “could pose a violation to the Presidential Records Act” if the deleted tweets are not archived.

“Many of the messages sent from these accounts are likely to be presidential records and therefore must be preserved,” they wrote, referring to both Trump’s personal@realDonaldTrump account and his official @POTUS account. “It has been reported, however, that President Trump has deleted tweets, and if those tweets were not archived, it could pose a violation of the Presidential Records Act,” Chaffetz and Cummings wrote in the letter.

Trump sometimes deletes tweets due to spelling errors. Over the weekend, he deleted two tweets that misspelled the word “hereby.”

Interesting. I can also think of many other things Trump should be warned against. Oh well, at least this is a start.
There's no fucking law against having a private account.
You're not supposed to conduct official business on it....especially classified communications.
Trumps twitter account is basically advertising.
Hillary was passing around classified documents on her email server and trying to hide it from public records. Everything Trump says is in the fucking open.

Learn the fucking difference.

Last edited:
Peteflake and Mudflake have clearly shown why all Trumpian communications must be preserved.

I don't like Jason personally, but I agree with him on this.

Peteflake and Mudflake have clearly shown why all Trumpian communications must be preserved.

I don't like Jason personally, but I agree with him on this.

Maybe this small gesture is a sign that he's aware he's going to be primaried - by a female doctor in Utah. Good for her!

Interesting. I can also think of many other things Trump should be warned against. Oh well, at least this is a start.
You're not supposed to conduct official business on it....especially classified communications.
Hillary was passing around classified documents on her email server and trying to hide it from public records. Everything Trump says is in the fucking open.

There is an official president Twitter account. But Trump doesn't use it. He uses his own personal account for presidential business. So that should be open to the public then right?

There is an official president Twitter account. But Trump doesn't use it. He uses his own personal account for presidential business. So that should be open to the public then right?
Last time I checked Twitter was open to the public.
This is yet again another way the establishment is trying to harass Trump.
And of course the Huffing and Puffing Post latches onto it like it's Watergate.

Last time I checked Twitter was open to the public.
This is yet again another way the establishment is trying to harass Trump.
And of course the Huffing and Puffing Post latches onto it like it's Watergate.

Agreed. And with the amount of mirroring sites and liberal hate scrutiny of Trump, anything he deleted would still be preserved on the internet.

If Hillary can smash her cell phones and delete over 30,000 e-mails, I don't see the harm in deleting tweets.
Hillary was just being messy, this is fucking serious.
He should be impeached or resign immediately.

Impeached for deleting tweets? Get a grip on yourself.
I was just being sarcastic, this is what Dummycraps say about everything he does.

Ah, gotcha. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet. My bad lol.

Oh snap! That's the shit the cons tried to use against Hillary and her server. I guess everything on trumps phone is now public property !!

There was no malice involved, so it's cool.

Has he tweeted anything yet that media doesn't make totally public

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I can think of many more important things to warn Trump against. Oh well, at least this is a start.

Is he tweeting classified information ?

I'd tell Chaffetz to jump off a cliff in Dead Horse Park.

Forum List

Back