Cons were so positively sure that they were going to win in 2008 and 2012

hangover

Gold Member
Oct 8, 2013
Republicans on this board were guarantying that McCain was going to become president instead of Obama. And again in 2012 they were absolutely positive that Romney had the White House.

"Bomb bomb bomb Iran" was the motto for McCain. And Romney's "We don't need that 47% to win." was the next extremist declaration.

And those statements were nothing compared to the fascist rhetoric of the GOP nominee. "Build a $200 billion wall, and make Mexico pay for it." "Deport 11 million Mexican families." "Ban all Muslims from the U.S.." And his best one is, "Believe me, I can fix it all by myself."

As long as the Teabaggers, Ku Klux Klan and neo-nazis have control of the the Republican party, we are going to have to "accept" a feminist POTUS that stole the democrat nomination from Bernie.

You seem to have a different perspective of history than I have because I don't remember Conservatives being confident at all in 2008, 2012 or this year. We've taken the back seat to the establishment the last few elections and we're taking the back seat to populist-nationalists this election.

Trump isn't the Tea Party candidate, if they actually HAD a candidate in the primaries it was probably Rand Paul. And the KKK/neo-nazi crap is just brainless rhetoric not worthy of response. Again, the GOP has been hijacked by populist-nationalists who are pissed at the establishment.

In November we'll get to vote and we'll have to see who wins. Right now, it's essentially tied according to every poll I've seen. There are still a lot of undecided voters and I believe there will be a historically low turnout because neither candidate is very desirable. That's just my opinion, we'll have to wait and see.

So what is this business about we have to "accept" something just because you can't wave your magic wand and make the Republican party be how you want? Are you trying to say you HOPE that happens?

Forum List

Back