Conservatives Are Happier Than Liberals. Discuss.

Yours is an excellent summation of Conservative mentality.............

First off. Many more of them " have" Jeezuss to comfort them :cuckoo:
Many are in the south..........where most of the liquor is made.:eusa_boohoo:
They often have larger gun collections making them feel "safe".:salute:
Bible
Bottle
Beretta.

God Blass Amurkastan !:lol:

No evidence of bigotry there. More evidence that liberals are more "civilized" and "intelligent" than anyone else.

People who don't think like them, believe like them, or live where they live are automatically put in the back of the bus with ID cards that label them..."Gomer" "Christian" "Retard" "Redneck".

Nice.

I believe it's probably true. Conservatives have all these magical beliefs to help them out. Add a lack of education a bottle or two of beer, a trailer and you have one happy camper.

I've always thought that had Bush Jr not come from money, he and Laura would be trailer park hippies, drunk, smoking all the time, and happy walmart was within walking distance.

But seriously I know lots of conservatives and few are what I would consider happy, many even have money and do well in life. Happiness is one of those illusive things that are hard to capture. You have to wonder how these surveys are done.

Dan Gilbert asks, Why are we happy? | Video on TED.com

Listening again to the above made me aware of why most Americans are unhappy.

"The great source of both the misery and disorders of human life, seems to arise from over-rating the difference between one permanent situation and another." Adam Smith

This is the obvious reason silly people. :lol:

"Primetime Live Poll: More Republicans Satisfied With Sex Lives Than Democrats

The poll analysis includes a breakdown by many subgroups, including region, age and even political party affiliation, which is the topic of results released today:

� Of those involved in a committed relationship, who is very satisfied with their relationship? Republicans � 87 percent; Democrats � 76 percent

� Who is very satisfied with their sex life? Republicans � 56 percent; Democrats � 47 percent

� The poll analysis also reveals who has worn something sexy to enhance their sex life: Republicans � 72 percent; Democrats � 62 percent

� When asked whether they had ever faked an orgasm, more Democrats (33 percent) than Republicans (26 percent) said they had.

I believe it's probably true. Conservatives have all these magical beliefs to help them out. Add a lack of education a bottle or two of beer, a trailer and you have one happy camper.

I've always thought that had Bush Jr not come from money, he and Laura would be trailer park hippies, drunk, smoking all the time, and happy walmart was within walking distance.

But seriously I know lots of conservatives and few are what I would consider happy, many even have money and do well in life. Happiness is one of those illusive things that are hard to capture. You have to wonder how these surveys are done.

Dan Gilbert asks, Why are we happy? | Video on TED.com

Listening again to the above made me aware of why most Americans are unhappy.

"The great source of both the misery and disorders of human life, seems to arise from over-rating the difference between one permanent situation and another." Adam Smith

Happiness is a choice.
Most people I know are happy regardless of their political persuasion. Perhaps because I am a happy person I tend to associate with happy people.

Not from where I stand. Most of this ignorance come glaringly from the left, where the young, elitist, pissants who have never associated with the people they speak condescendingly of.

Or the old elitist pissants. They're even worse. Generally they're on welfare, too. Or work in a university.

Or in the computer industry, which effectively removes them from everything real.

Sorry, I live in the most conservative state, have been raised in the most conservative family and work with some of the most conservative people. You can't convince somebody if you cant't even agree on the proven facts. Lets just agee that North is North.....oh you say thats South....ok nevermind

As I know that generalizations of huge populations of persons is ignorant, I can just speak for myself. I am happy most of the time because I have faith in myself and my abilities and the freedom I have to succeed and/or fail. I am content in the fact that I am responsible for my life; and so far, no one can butt into my life and my choices. I am happy with my indivudual freedoms. And those who threaten my happiness will hear my objections.

Sorry, I live in the most conservative state, have been raised in the most conservative family and work with some of the most conservative people. You can't convince somebody if you cant't even agree on the proven facts. Lets just agee that North is North.....oh you say thats South....ok nevermind

Maybe you are holding the map upside down?

Seems reasonable to me. The Truth shall set you free. Why would a free man be unhappy?

Seems reasonable to me. The Truth shall set you free. Why would a free man be unhappy?

That is too easy, are bums and the homeless happy? They are certainly free. Are the poor? Freedom is a meaningless concept outside of potential.

"Next time you hear a conservative ranting about the wonder and joys of freedom, tell them: "Yeah, no kidding, freedom is a really good thing. You'd like it even better if you actually tried it out some time"."

http://www.counterpunch.com/green11242007.html

Last edited:
Happiness is a choice.
Most people I know are happy regardless of their political persuasion. Perhaps because I am a happy person I tend to associate with happy people.

You are very spot on with that. Which is why conservatives are more happy. We choose to be. The left is always trying to pretend to be some victim. You cant go around blaming others for what's wrong in your life and be happy. Victimhood is incompatible with happiness.

I refuse to be a victim. I look for and the truth, accept it, and hold to it. It makes choosing happiness easier.

Men who want freedom and have it are happy.

Men who can't appreciate freedom because of their desire to curtail the freedom of others, but who are unable to do so, aren't. It's a conundrum for them, and you see it in their bitterness and anger towards everyone who differs idealogically from them. On the one hand, they have the freedom to express their desire to dominate. On the other hand, living in a free country prevents them from doing so.

If you were being honest, youd realize how few things are actually proven.

Forum List

Back