Consumers Beware: Not All Health Plans Cover A Doctor's Visit Before Deductible Is Me

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Well, you voted for them to pass it before they saw what was in it...
nice job

SNIP:
Kaiser Health News & NBC News ^ | Dec 23, 2013 | Julie Appleby

Posted on *12*/*27*/*2013* *9*:*36*:*44* *AM by Innovative

If you buy one of the less expensive insurance plans sold through the health law’s marketplaces, you may be in for a surprise. Some plans will not pay for a doctor visit before you meet your annual deductible, which could be thousands of dollars.

This could be the next shoe to drop, as people don't realize that if they're buying a bronze plan, they may have to pay $5,000 out of pocket before it contributes a penny," said Carl McDonald, senior analyst with Citi Investment Research, speaking at a Washington, D.C., conference last month.

Plans that list a price for a doctor visit followed by the phrase "after the deductible is met" mean the consumer must pay the full deductible before getting doctor visits for a small copayment.

ALL of it here
Kaiser Health News

MOST don't.

Typically only silver, gold and platinum.

A couple of Bronze Plans offer 2 visits for 60 a piece.

I paid 60 dollars or less a visit without OScamCare or Insurance

I paid out of pocket

nice job

SNIP:

If you buy one of the less expensive insurance plans sold through the health law’s marketplaces, you may be in for a surprise. Some plans will not pay for a doctor visit before you meet your annual deductible, which could be thousands of dollars.

This could be the next shoe to drop, as people don't realize that if they're buying a bronze plan, they may have to pay $5,000 out of pocket before it contributes a penny," said Carl McDonald, senior analyst with Citi Investment Research, speaking at a Washington, D.C., conference last month.

Plans that list a price for a doctor visit followed by the phrase "after the deductible is met" mean the consumer must pay the full deductible before getting doctor visits for a small copayment.

ALL of it here
Kaiser Health News

The shoes that are yet to drop will make Imelda Marcos jealous.

My Doctor charges $250.00 for an office visit.
I would normally pay $40.00 co pay...
I now have a $6,000.00 deductible.
So I guess I am on the hook for the $250.00 until my deductible is met.
I guess I am not going to see my doctor as often..

And this is a good thing Libs ???

nice job

SNIP:

ALL of it here
Kaiser Health News

Bull crap--if you can't come up with a measly 50 to 60 bucks for a doctors visit--there is really something wrong with you. It's the tests--and everything else that the doctor prescribes for you to do that cost the money.

My Doctor charges $250.00 for an office visit.
I would normally pay $40.00 co pay...
I now have a $6,000.00 deductible.
So I guess I am on the hook for the $250.00 until my deductible is met.
I guess I am not going to see my doctor as often..

And this is a good thing Libs ???

ACA... the Assfuck Care Act.

Enjoy.

All the poor that get a bronze policy for $1/month subsidized premium are in for a HUGE shock when they actually get sick and find they have a $9K deductible for families, $4.5K for individuals, and 40% copay on everything. In reality, they're better off just going to the ER or a local community clinic.

All the poor that get a bronze policy for $1/month subsidized premium are in for a HUGE shock when they actually get sick and find they have a $9K deductible for families, $4.5K for individuals, and 40% copay on everything. In reality, they're better off just going to the ER or a local community clinic.

This is where an informed agent/navigator/broker force comes into play.

Those with integrity will inform potential clients of the differences between an aggregate and an embedded deductible.

Those with integrity will inform potential clients of the differences between an aggregate and an embedded deductible.

Most navigators don't have a clue, and many folks are just signing up on their own. In fact the majority of the uninsured don't like Obamacare, won't benefit from Obamacare, and don't plan to participate in it.

Most navigators don't have a clue, and many folks are just signing up on their own. In fact the majority of the uninsured don't like Obamacare, won't benefit from Obamacare, and don't plan to participate in it.

This is true.

Forum List

Back