Conversion Therapy Crusader Has Something To Say: He's Gay

Is anyone surprised?

It takes a special type of self hatred to continue to push conversion 'therapy' when the facts on it are clear as a bell - it does not work. It would not surprise me if the majority of people involved in such endeavors turn out to be gay or some other sexual orientation outside normal.

I honestly have no idea how conversion therapy works, I would imagine it would be similar to whatever type of therapy is use for people like Weiner. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with people being gay, but just question if people (adults) should have a choice in the type of therapy the feel may be best help them.

Gays say they are born this way and that it's not a choice, but transgenders say they are born in the wrong body, or whatever, and for them it is a choice. So why is it not also a choice for someone who is born gay but feels heterosexual?
Never said that you should not do as you want. The reality is that conversion therapy does not work.
And when forced on children amounts to child abuse

Conversion therapy crusader has something to say: He’s gay

A South Carolina man who founded one of the nation's biggest conversion therapy ministries has something to say: he's gay.

The Post and Courier reports Hope for Wholeness founder McKrae Game came out of the closet this summer, nearly two years after he was fired from the faith-based conversion therapy program. He's now trying to come to terms with the harm he inflicted when he was advocating for religious efforts to change a person's sexuality.

“Conversion therapy is not just a lie, but it’s very harmful,” Game told The Post and Courier.

Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped fuel

“I was a religious zealot that hurt people,” Game said in an interview. “People said they attempted suicide over me and the things I said to them. People, I know, are in therapy because of me. Why would I want that to continue?”

Game recently published a written apology to his personal Facebook page in which he called for the dissolution of any conversion therapy practice or ex-gay ministry. Though he condemned the practices, Game also said a group like Hope for Wholeness could serve as a community for those that believe “homosexuality is incongruent with their faith.”

Maybe Mr. Game's therapy didn't work, but that doesn't mean that those folks who want to break the habit of taking it in the caboose are without hope.

With Big Pharma being forced to discontinue the opioid production through massive lawsuits, a pill designed to return patients to a state of Sexual Normalcy might be a good seller for patients wanting to change.

Talk therapy can go only so far, time for a pharmaceutical approach to help people distressed by their obsessions.

Wait women can make the choice to have an abortion but a person who identifies as gay doesn't have a choice in therapy to help them not be gay...
Could I use therapy on you and chase away your heterosexuality?

You would have to know how to do it, I would think.

But if someone is distressed with being Normal, and wants to change, I would have no problem with this kind of therapy.

So many threads about gays, I never understood why. The people on this board seem to talk about it all the time. I go months in my life without anyone bringing the subject of gays. What people do in their bedroom is between themselves and God, I don’t really care or want to hear who people sleep with. Just plain moronic to carry on about nothing.

This forum is especially obsessed with homos. Too bad we can't frame our crushing and unsustainable debt into a gay issue b/c that appears the only way the assholes here will pay attention to it. lol

So many threads about gays, I never understood why. The people on this board seem to talk about it all the time. I go months in my life without anyone bringing the subject of gays. What people do in their bedroom is between themselves and God, I don’t really care or want to hear who people sleep with. Just plain moronic to carry on about nothing.

This forum is especially obsessed with homos. Too bad we can't frame our crushing and unsustainable debt into a gay issue b/c that appears the only way the assholes here will pay attention to it. lol

I don't know why this doofus in South Carolina is bringing it up. Although, he is right for quitting if he doesn't think his program to straighten people out is working.

But the fact that he is making a big campaign about it, pretending as if homosexuals who want to break the ass-copulation habit are without hope, tells me he has an alternative motive here. He probably got a new job with the HRC or ActUp or one of the other Big pro-Sodomy groups.

tumblr_pm04slvurt1t8palc_500.gif

See you at the next meeting, cocksuckers! :lol:

A South Carolina man who founded one of the nation's biggest conversion therapy ministries has something to say: he's gay.

The Post and Courier reports Hope for Wholeness founder McKrae Game came out of the closet this summer, nearly two years after he was fired from the faith-based conversion therapy program. He's now trying to come to terms with the harm he inflicted when he was advocating for religious efforts to change a person's sexuality.

“Conversion therapy is not just a lie, but it’s very harmful,” Game told The Post and Courier.

Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped fuel

“I was a religious zealot that hurt people,” Game said in an interview. “People said they attempted suicide over me and the things I said to them. People, I know, are in therapy because of me. Why would I want that to continue?”

Game recently published a written apology to his personal Facebook page in which he called for the dissolution of any conversion therapy practice or ex-gay ministry. Though he condemned the practices, Game also said a group like Hope for Wholeness could serve as a community for those that believe “homosexuality is incongruent with their faith.”
Oh Hell, I thought you were gonna say Pence got caught going down on an Irish Priest who was protesting he preferred children.

That was biden

Wait women can make the choice to have an abortion but a person who identifies as gay doesn't have a choice in therapy to help them not be gay...
Actually, I believe that adults do have the choice. The main issue with conversion therapy has been when it's inflicted on children.

However, those who pracice it on adults need to be aware of the fact that they could easily run afoul of consumer protection laws by representing homosexuality as a disorder that needs to be treated, and misrepresenting their treatment as safe and effective which it is not
On The Legality Of Conversion Therapy

There are an additional 20 states that have introduced bills banning the practice and a New Jersey Supreme Court concluded that "misrepresenting homosexuality as a disorder" breaks consumer protection laws. While the consumer laws don't necessarily speak to LGBTQ equality, it is a very creative way to end the practice. Especially since the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Pediatric Association, among other medical organizations have deemed it ineffective.
And homosexuality is in fact not a ‘disorder.’

Yeah, it is.

Actually, I believe that adults do have the choice. The main issue with conversion therapy has been when it's inflicted on children.

However, those who pracice it on adults need to be aware of the fact that they could easily run afoul of consumer protection laws by representing homosexuality as a disorder that needs to be treated, and misrepresenting their treatment as safe and effective which it is not

There are an additional 20 states that have introduced bills banning the practice and a New Jersey Supreme Court concluded that "misrepresenting homosexuality as a disorder" breaks consumer protection laws. While the consumer laws don't necessarily speak to LGBTQ equality, it is a very creative way to end the practice. Especially since the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Pediatric Association, among other medical organizations have deemed it ineffective.

Yeah, it is.

Nope, it is not. Only hate filled bigots think so.

Or maybe you are like this guy and just covering for your own hidden desires

I don't know why this doofus in South Carolina is bringing it up. Although, he is right for quitting if he doesn't think his program to straighten people out is working.

But the fact that he is making a big campaign about it, pretending as if homosexuals who want to break the ass-copulation habit are without hope, tells me he has an alternative motive here. He probably got a new job with the HRC or ActUp or one of the other Big pro-Sodomy groups.

I find that very unlikely. He can take his weepy apology tour, the fortune he made peddling his bullshit, and, shove them gaily up his ass.

Yeah, it is.

No, anyone with a couple of brain cells knows this is unnatural. Apparently, your cells are dead. And there you go again with your little kindergarten responses.

Smoking and drinking aren't disorders either, but if someone is disturbed by those behaviors and wants to quit, it is a disorder.

Telling people with the Sodomy Habit who want to quit that they have no hope, isn't very nice. Of course there is always help. A medicine to straighten people out may be right around the corner.

Those who are homosexual and want to be be Normative should have an opportunity to change. BTW, if someone developed a different pharmaceutical product for Normative people who want to become a flaming wide receiver, that should be legal too

Yeah, it is.

No, anyone with a couple of brain cells knows this is unnatural. Apparently, your cells are dead.

If you had more than a couple if brain cells you would know it occurs in nature...the opposite of unnatural.

Doesn't surprise me.

Most people who hate so vehemently are often projecting their own self hate onto others

Doesn't surprise me.

Most people who hate so vehemently are often projecting their own self hate onto others

That's an interesting theory.

Would you say the same about Gay Activists, that the most rabid are actually closeted Normal people?

I'm sorry that I profited from and facilitated your psychological torture which made you contemplate suicide, but I'm gay again! So we're cool now, right?

Smoking and drinking aren't disorders either, but if someone is disturbed by those behaviors and wants to quit, it is a disorder.

Telling people with the Sodomy Habit who want to quit that they have no hope, isn't very nice. Of course there is always help. A medicine to straighten people out may be right around the corner.

Those who are homosexual and want to be be Normative should have an opportunity to change. BTW, if someone developed a different pharmaceutical product for Normative people who want to become a flaming wide receiver, that should be legal too
If women have a choice to bear a child or not, why can't homos have a choice to be straight or not?

Yeah, it is.

No, anyone with a couple of brain cells knows this is unnatural. Apparently, your cells are dead.

If you had more than a couple if brain cells you would know it occurs in nature...the opposite of unnatural.

Asexual in many plants because For a species to continue it must procreate. You're outdumbing yourself.

Forum List

Back