Cooking with Mr. P...Girl scout Thin mint Cookies.

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
They are Great!!! I promise.

Chocolate Cookie Wafers
1 18.25-ounce package Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix
3 tablespoons shortening, melted
1/2 cup cake flour, measured then sifted
1 egg
3 tablespoons water
Non-stick cooking spray

Coating
3 12-ounce bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
6 tablespoons shortening

1. Combine the cookie ingredients in a large bowl, adding the water a little bit at a time until the dough forms. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out a portion of the dough to just under 1/16 of an inch thick. To cut, use a lid from a spice container with a 1 1/2-inch diameter (Schilling brand is good.) Arrange the cut dough rounds on a cookie sheet that is sprayed with a light coating on non-stick spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the wafers from the oven and cool completely.
4. Combine chocolate chips with peppermint extract and shortening in a large microwave - safe glass or ceramic bow. Heat on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stir gently, then heat for an addition minute. Stir once again, and if chocolate is not a smooth consistency, continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
5. Use a fork to dip each wafer in the chocolate, tap the fork on the edge of the bowl so that the excess chocolate runs off, and then place the cookies side-by-side on a wax paper - lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm.

Makes 108 cookies.

Thanks P - hey, that's a lot of cookies, 108? hahhahaha!!!!

Oh, these sound way too good. I can probably eat a massive amount if they freeze as well as the GS thin mints. I'm going to give this a try tomorrow.

janeeng said:
Thanks P - hey, that's a lot of cookies, 108? hahhahaha!!!!
Don't worry...they won't last long.
You can make them a wee bit thicker too, that will reduce the amount some.

K...I can't wait to hear how they turn out for ya.

Oh....Pleeeeaaaaaassssseeeeeee...You can still buy your 6 boxes once a year from the girls. If they'd get off their lil butts an sell, sell, sell, we cookie lovers wouldn't have to resort to such
tactics! (Cept us cheap bastards).:laugh:

Can I threaten a Mod.? Well then....

Ms. K, Get those cookies made this weekend, else I'll
pay padisha emperors way to Chicago to track you down
and speak FRENCH to you for ....at least 1 hr. non-stop!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mr. P said:
Can I threaten a Mod.? Well then....

Ms. K, Get those cookies made this weekend, else I'll
pay padisha emperors way to Chicago to track you down
and speak FRENCH to you for ....at least 1 hr. non-stop!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

HAHAHAHA! I was wondering how the cookies came out!

I still like buying from the Girl Scouts, WHEN, they do sell! still like the peanut butter too! P, got a recipe for those too?????

janeeng said:
HAHAHAHA! I was wondering how the cookies came out!

I still like buying from the Girl Scouts, WHEN, they do sell! still like the peanut butter too! P, got a recipe for those too?????

No, sorry.

Is the shortening that this recipe calls for regular crisco or butter flavored?

I want to make these now! lol

Im doing the horseradish sauce on tuesday with cajun roast beef (and broccoli of course)

will let you know how it turns out :)

Forum List

Back