cop justifies in shooting of patrick layoya

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much of what poster Resnic states I can agree with.
The only caveat...as it applies to this Grand Rapids, Michigan case.....is the shot to the back of the head.

Everybody here knows...or should know..... that any controversy over this shoot is where and how the officer put that bullet.

The jury will make the determination after hearing all the facts.
But from a mere reader of newspapers and watcher of YouTubers......it sure seems to me to be an improper shoot...because of that bullet placement.

As I stated earlier, if that cop would have made his shot at any other time during the running tussle, the struggle to put the perp on the ground, and/or in most any other place on the body.....well, in my opinion, he would not be facing a murder trial. It likely would have been considered a 'good shoot'.

But shooting someone in the back of the head while they were on their belly on the ground.....albeit still struggling.....but down on his belly....well, that sure smacks more of an execution than it does self-defense.

IMHO

Just like the idiots said the shooting of the guy that was reaching for the knife was a bad shoot.....the cop was found to be justified....

This cop shot the guy in self defense because the guy had grabbed his taser........

Was the cop supposed to wait till he turned and used the taser on him?

You guys don't understand how fast these fights go, and how life or death of the officer hinges on microsecond decisions.......

Just like the idiots said the shooting of the guy that was reaching for the knife was a bad shoot.....the cop was found to be justified....

This cop shot the guy in self defense because the guy had grabbed his taser........

You guys don't understand how fast these fights go, and how life or death of the officer hinges on microsecond decisions.......
not forgetting layoya was drunk as heck.

What I know is that if you have a man pinned down and you put a bullet in the back of his head, that's murder.

not forgetting layoya was drunk as heck.
Which makes him less dangerous, not more.

officer bailed out and is pleading not guilty. lawyers confident in defense.

So were Darren Chauvin and Jason Van Dyke's lawyers.

You have video of this cop shooting the man in the back of the head. It's not going to end well for him.
i would not day that. you also got patrick fighting cops , taking his tazer on film., and an autopsy report of very drunk hoodlum. i would say it wont end well for the prosicution.

i would not day that. you also got patrick fighting cops , taking his tazer on film., and an autopsy report of very drunk hoodlum. i would say it wont end well for the prosicution.

I'd have more faith in your argument if you could spell.

He shot him in the back of the head when he was pinned down. This will not go well for the defense. Not in this environment.

I'd have more faith in your argument if you could spell.

He shot him in the back of the head when he was pinned down. This will not go well for the defense. Not in this environment.
and he was fighting him and had the cops taser. and was drunk. not good for the black guys side. and dont be a bully. what a jerk.

and he was fighting him and had the cops taser. and was drunk. not good for the black guys side. and dont be a bully. what a jerk.

Well, today he was fired... so there is that.

Yea the answer is to shoot him in the back of the head while he is face down on the ground.
He got exactly what he and many other deserve. I thought it was funny when this moron who thought he was tough got iced. It amuses me when criminals die.

Well, today he was fired... so there is that.

not really . he still going to trial. and he can stull sue for his job back after the trial. the ass hole that only fired him to get rid of the problem. the cop was in the right.

not really . he still going to trial. and he can stull sue for his job back after the trial. the ass hole that only fired him to get rid of the problem. the cop was in the right.

He'll have a hard time getting his job back after he gets convicted.

He shot the man in the back of the head while he was pinned to the ground. Now way anyone is going to find that "justified".

He'll have a hard time getting his job back after he gets convicted.

He shot the man in the back of the head while he was pinned to the ground. Now way anyone is going to find that "justified".
self defense against a drunk rogue blaclk who had his tazer and was fighiting him.

Forum List

Back